(2) BW5 Shedinja and Garbodor, Keldeo Battle Strength Deck + Beginning Set [3/13]

Which abilities involve discarding cards?

(As long as this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool attached to it, all Abilities that deal with discarding cards stop working (excluding Dust Toxin).)

Edit: Besides Empoleon.

Edit: Never mind.

I like Shedinja...

Yes, obviously Shedinja is the new BCIF because it doesn't give prizes.

4 Shedinja

4 Super Rod
4 Revive
4 Junk Arm
4 Catcher

40 Psychic Energy

ready to win worlds.

Zorua said:

4 Shedinja

4 Super Rod
4 Revive
4 Junk Arm
4 Catcher

40 Psychic Energy

ready to win worlds.

Best. List. Ever.

... If Shedinja was a Basic Pokémon. Shedinja is a stage-1, which really limits its playability because of Catcher.

Zorua said:

4 Shedinja

4 Super Rod
4 Revive
4 Junk Arm
4 Catcher

40 Psychic Energy

ready to win worlds.

The only flaw there is there's no Nincada.

Keldeo kinda sucks, Garbodor sucks, and I want Shedinja. (seriously, it seems too fun not to test)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Futachimaru.

Futachimaru said:
Best. List. Ever.

... If Shedinja was a Basic Pokémon. Shedinja is a stage-1, which really limits its playability because of Catcher.

Oh it's a Stage one?

So pro it doesn't even need the basic.

Although I don't see why someone would want to catcher something that doesn't give off a prize, but whatever.

Well, the Shedninja card is definitely interesting. It'll be making it's way into many of my troll decks for sure :p.

As for Keldeo and Garbodor.. I... such bad.. I can't...

Keldeo works great with Feraligator prime, way better than with Lanturn Prime.

Keldeo was obviously going to be bad, it came from a Battle Strength Deck. If Garbodor stops eels though, then it could be big.

Broken Pokemon EX said:
Keldeo was obviously going to be bad, it came from a Battle Strength Deck. If Garbodor stops eels though, then it could be big.

I think it will. The translation was changed from when this card was first posted. Before it just mentioned abilities, but now it says:

Ability: Dust Toxin
As long as this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool attached to it, all Abilities that deal with discarding cards from either player's hand, discarding cards from play, or deal with the discard pile stop working (excluding Dust Toxin).

So it does indeed stop the eels. Interesting, but I don't think it'll do too well unless it's included into a Truth deck, thanks to Catchers. Also, by that point, I'm sure there will be some other options when it comes to dealing with Eels, or scarier decks to worry about!

I'm glad they didn't just use the standar Sugimori art with Keldeo the way they do much of the time new Legendary Pokémon are introduced into the TCG. It's stil Ryo Ueda, who along with Masakazu Fukuda does like half the cards, but it's way better than the generic illustrations Sugimori uses for the cards (which is just plain lazy).

Garbodor = Farewell to Junk Arm.

I would have preferred the more obvious Toxic Gas Ability (which shuts off all other abilities), but this one is nice, I suppose. The problem is what tool you attach to it. Rocky Helmet? That's all we have besides Eviolite, don't we. Oh wait, EXP. Share.

Edit: I want to run Shedinja in my Lostgar now.

Garbodor's Ability only works on other Abilities, not Item cards. (Unless you got Junk Arm from the discard pile through some ability.)

That Shedinja is really similar to that one in the 3rd generation where people would attach Curse Powder to it and dared the opponent to knock it out. That was funny when a match at the Last Chance Qualifiers (one of whom was William Hung, I believe) went on for an extra 45 minutes because it was a Shedinja vs. Shedinja match.

Garbodor's Ability only works on other Abilities, not Item cards. (Unless you got Junk Arm from the discard pile through some ability.)
/me goes to re-read the power.

Oh.
What a piece of junk (pun intended).

I was thinking of getting Keldeo's deck just because he's new, but the art and whatever they've done to the text area looks pretty bad. He'll probably have a normal/better card in the expansion released closer to the movie and his game release anyway.

I love it when they reprint things for Deoxys. All I have to say is wow. That Garbodor could be such a meta changer. I'm not quite sure what I should think about it. It can be countered by Mewtwo fairly easily, and it does have a three retreat, but the ability does shut some stuff down, mainly Eels. I think that it would work really well with Vileplume or Gothitelle, but I am not sure if it is worth the space. The ability seems vague right now, and I am having a hard time grasping it. "Deal with the discard pile" is some ridiculously vague wording. Electrode discards cards, does that mean it "deals" with the discard pile? NVM, sometimes I forget things. I think we will be able to see the full potential of this card when it is finally translated to English. Shedinja is really cool, but I doubt that it will be worth the space in anything. It can snipe Tynamos off of the bench, but Shedinja is a stage 1, so there is a chance they will have already evolved before you can snipe them. I'm not quite sure what to think about either of these cards yet, but they introduce some interesting play elements.

Garbodor doesn't suck you guys. If your deck dies to eels, bam Garbodor. Sure they waste their time killing it, you have another. It is searchable with Heavy Ball, I doubt they will KO all of your Trubbish T1. Think about it: Even if Mewtwo KO's Garbodor, you revenge kill them back, so you get 2 prizes, and they get one. Add in a Vileplume, and Garbodor doesn't go down. It shuts down all abilitys that deal with the discard, which is what Eels do. :D i personally like it, though its attack, retreat and Hp stink :p.

SHEDNINJA!I love these cards that do that. Its awesome. Its not metagame, but is funny with cards such as Ferrothorn(GyroBall), Vileplume (Trainer lock), and possibly Dodrio. They don't draw prizes lol.

As for Keldeo......Donphan counter? idk....

All three of these cards are exciting for different reasons. Keldeo is cool just because he's Keldeo, and I expected the Battle Strength Keldeo to be crappy because all the Battle Strength Musketeers were BS (Get it? BS for Battle Strength and BS because they stink at the same time? C'mon, you know that was funny). It's pretty obvious that there will be a set featuring Keldeo and the two Kyurem forms as EX cards (probably as BW6) so I'm okay with this for now. Also that beginning set is somewhat cool. I doubt there will be anything playable in it (since it's for beginners) but who knows?

As for the other cards: Garbodor has some flaws and it probably won't have a huge impact, but it will see play since it can shut down Eels. Shedinja is just awesome; I could see an anti-meta deck with Shedinja and Terrakion, since Shedinja still counts as being knocked out when it gets KO'd (it just doesn't give up a prize). Man' I'm gonna have fun with him...

And as a last note: I am 95% sure that these cards will not be released until after rotation (probably right after, like Emerging Powers did). That way they don't introduce a new set right before Worlds, and they can add new cards as well as the new Dragon types to a fresh format. So before you all go off theorymoning, remember that the format will most likely be BW-On.

Back