(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Now it would be kinda cool if you picked your starter, the opposite gender picks the super effective one, and the 3 other rivals start with Eevee. One envolves into Flareon, another Jolteon, and one Vaporeon. Just an idea.

I think two of the five trainers will have generation six Pokemon that are exclusive to each version. So if you are playing Pokemon X, two of the five trainers that don't receive one of the three starters will have Pokemon that can only be found in Pokemon Y. If this is true they will likely be Pokemon that have three stages; just like Wally in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire who had a Ralts.

I'm calling it. Alexa will be the photographer who is everywhere (If that wasn't obvious enough) that takes your pokemon photos (As in HGSS)

So my initial thoughts on some of the characters:

There is _no_ way Tierno is "light on his feet." I'm sorry, but no. I'm calling bull. Also, it's no wonder why he's chubby. According to his shirt, he probably eats whole ice cream trucks.

Also Trevor is the orange version of Justin Beiber.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
There is _no_ way Tierno is "light on his feet." I'm sorry, but no. I'm calling bull.

It's possible for a chunky guy to be light on his feet. Just look at Fred "Twinkletoes" Flintstone.

DNA said:
dmaster said:
There is _no_ way Tierno is "light on his feet." I'm sorry, but no. I'm calling bull.

It's possible for a chunky guy to be light on his feet. Just look at Fred "Twinkletoes" Flintstone.
Except that's not the greatest comparison. Fred makes cars accelerate and stop very efficiently WITH HIS FEET...and he comes out perfectly fine. He's better with his feet than...well, basically anybody.

Now, picture Tierno, the fat guy with ice cream on his shirt. Does he look like he can be light on his feet? Can he even SEE his feet?

Have only looked at the last few pages, so I may have missed it, but has no one commented on the fact that the new 'contest' is almost certainly Pokemon Dances?

I quite like the new 'Mons - though a bit disappointing that it looks like the Spewpa line is going back to Butterfree/Beedrill/Wurmple days where the starter bug was really weak. Litleo has dumb eyes, but otherwise is cool.

I like Flabebe (Fla-bay-bay without the l's) quite a lot! I'm quite impressed with all the Grass Pokemon from this generation so far - which usually doesn't happen!

...oh wait, Flabebe is Fairy type :p I'm going to forget that more often than not. It does look like its evolution might be Fairy/Grass though.

Maybe he secretly has superpowers. Like Brycen.

Pretty sure the "light on his feet" statement means that, even though he's chubby, he's agile and can dance very energetically/passionately and that his weight is not a restraint.
You know, just like PSY. ;)

Does any one think Litleo's evolution will have gender differences like lions and lionesses in real life? That would be soooooo cool, although I'm not sure how the design for a female Litleo would look like.

@Godot

I'd say they'd probably pull another Luxray dimorphism, but they've been throwing many 'usual's out the window this gen. Good lion dimorphism would be great.

Also what is Trevor holding in this photo:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Trevor-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

Any guesses?

We will definitely not get kanto starters until the end of the game if at all. Pokemon creators would never create 3 brand new starters only to have the spotlight taken off of them by bringing in old starters from another region right at the beginning of the game. 2 of the beginner trainers will probably just start off with common Pokemon found in the wild or already have their Pokemon at the beginning of the game.

vinnie22 said:
We will definitely not get kanto starters until the end of the game if at all. Pokemon creators would never create 3 brand new starters only to have the spotlight taken off of them by bringing in old starters from another region right at the beginning of the game. 2 of the beginner trainers will probably just start off with common Pokemon found in the wild or already have their Pokemon at the beginning of the game.

Im pretty sure you have no way of knowing we "definitely" wont get them. Im not saying I think we will, but that sounds awfully sure when you dont really have that information.

I hope in July when Corocoro releases we get some information about the professor, if there is a professor at all. I also want to know at least the second stage of each of the starters, as well as information about the evil team.

StrangeState said:
vinnie22 said:

Im pretty sure you have no way of knowing we "definitely" wont get them. Im not saying I think we will, but that sounds awfully sure when you dont really have that information.

I don't mean to sound like i know it all, i was just saying that it would make absolutely no sense to do such a thing, it's not the creators style.

^ I was gonna say the same thing. Usually when people say "this person reminds me of..." I can kind of see it, but not this time. :s

Also... Seriously Alexa's Japanese name is Pansy. Wtf.

I do like Litleo. When I wanted a fire lion, I was always afraid it'd look like Neopeta or Digimon. I hope the evolutions don't disappoint.

At the moment, I see myself using Froakie and Litleo on my team. I'm hoping their evolutions do not disappoint.

Back