(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Shining Raikou said:
I'm really happy with everything shown today. I like the names, characters, all of it. Litleo is quickly becoming one of my favorite Pokemon, and I'm glad he didn't get a dumb name. Wonder what he'll evolve into? :eek:

As much as I love Litleo itself I don't like the name. :/ It's just kind of awkward for a name to a creature. I'll get use to it though and it evolves so whatever. But yeah, he's seriouly becoming my favorite Pokemon real fast too! :D His evolution might seriously be the best Pokemon.

Im the opposite, I love the name. I think its cute and it fits. :p I wouldn't say its a favorite Pokemon of mine per say, it a little bit too much on the cartoony side for me. But that doesn't mean I don't like it. Im probably going to love it's evolution though, I hope.

Zielo said:
vinnie22 said:
You people argue about the silliest things. I hope you all don't judge people like this in real life lol " Eww, i don't like that person because of their hair! LMAO! eww the person is fat LMAO!! hahahah. Poke beach has a very shallow fan base of commenters. Personality is key; not looks. Your not having sex with your friends; your traveling with them and your FRIENDS LMAO!

I don't really find it silly, it's meant to be commented on and judged. They are character designs, not real people. I'm not usually negative about Pokemon designs, its just the human ones I don't always care for because of the exaggerated hairstyles. And it doesn't make us shallow for saying they don't look good or anything, they aren't our actual real life friends, they are character designs and we have every right to criticize them. Even if these were our real life friends, it still wouldnt be shallow unless you said "im not hanging out with these guys because they are ugly" or something. But yes, anyone would be horrible if they did this sort of thing to real people lol.

I never commented on their personality, because we don't really know it yet. I'll probably end up getting attached to them depending on how they act in the game either way.

Woah . . . you talk a lot, glad you got all that out. Why don't you call game freak and like give them fashion designs and hair styles tips. I bet the fairy types will be your new favorite type LMAO! Just kidding :)

Whitefire said:
This explains Litleo.

After that, I quite like it. Using that as an explanation I don't mind the O-O eyes so much.

What I thought after seeing that:

Shinx - evolve (if burned it becomes Litleo's evo) - Luxio - evolve (if burned becomes Litleo''s final evo) - Luxray

Litleo (breed to get) - evolve (if carries burn heal, becomes Luxio) - Litleo's evo - evolve (if carries burn heal becomes Luxray) - Litleo's final evo

If you breed Litleo's final evo with burn heal it becomes Shinx.

Please GF make something like this (its status condition affects its evo and it is reversible). It would make a very interesting theory IMO.

Here is what I think about the evil team! There will be two evil teams! they will both be trying to capture mew-two, mew-two will have two forms, the one we saw and another one. One team will try to transform him into one form for their own ambitions and the other team will try to get the other form we don't know about. OR there will be one evil team and in Pokemon X they will try to get one form and in Y the same team will try to get the second form we haven't seen yet. OR there will just be one new mew-two form(the one we saw) and the evil team will just be trying to get that form of mew-two so they can take over the kalos region. I believe the new form of mew-two is a psychic/fairy type, which makes sense given it's elf like appearance. Also, though it's extremely unlikely, the new evil team could TEAM ROCKET AGAIN! Since mew-two is from the first generation, maybe thats a hint that team rocket has returned! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

vinnie22 said:
Here is what I think about the evil team! There will be two evil teams! they will both be trying to capture mew-two, mew-two will have two forms, the one we saw and another one. One team will try to transform him into one form for their own ambitions and the other team will try to get the other form we don't know about. OR there will be one evil team and in Pokemon X they will try to get one form and in Y the same team will try to get the second form we haven't seen yet. OR there will just be one new mew-two form(the one we saw) and the evil team will just be trying to get that form of mew-two so they can take over the kalos region. I believe the new form of mew-two is a psychic/fairy type, which makes sense given it's elf like appearance. Also, though it's extremely unlikely, the new evil team could TEAM ROCKET AGAIN! Since mew-two is from the first generation, maybe thats a hint that team rocket has returned! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I don't think GF will let Mewtwo steal the limelight from their new legendarys, I'm all for including old legends in new game plots but your theory makes it seem more like this is a game about saving mewtwo.

Also, team Rocket already made a return in Johto. I think it would be repetitive for them to come out again.

Team Rocket returning doesn't sound too off because of them coming together once again in the manga, however I don't believe there will be an evil team this generation. That's just my thoughts, I think this story is going to be a lot more unique than the previous ones. If they are bringing team members in once again, I don't think their goal will be the legendary Pokemon, but I do like the idea of Team Rocket going after Mewtwo since it's an escape Pokemon.

Sky Pillar said:
vinnie22 said:

I don't think GF will let Mewtwo steal the limelight from their new legendarys, I'm all for including old legends in new game plots but your theory makes it seem more like this is a game about saving mewtwo.

Also, team Rocket already made a return in Johto. I think it would be repetitive for them to come out again.

I disagree, in Pokemon diamond and pearl, even though team galactic was after dialga or palkia, they still wanted the three Pokemon of the lake. They even needed the three in the third installment Pokemon platinum. Who says mew- two has to over shadow the two legendaries, he/she might be used as a way to capture them because they are so powerful. I still like my theory, but i do agree that there will be a new team, but you never know. I actually prefer a new team and think that the masked villain team from the Pokemon manga should be used; now that would be beyond epic.

vinnie22 said:
Sky Pillar said:
vinnie22 said:

I disagree, in Pokemon diamond and pearl, even though team galactic was after dialga or palkia, they still wanted the three Pokemon of the lake. They even needed the three in the third installment Pokemon platinum. Who says mew- two has to over shadow the two legendaries, he/she might be used as a way to capture them because they are so powerful. I still like my theory, but i do agree that there will be a new team, but you never know. I actually prefer a new team and think that the masked villain team from the Pokemon manga should be used; now that would be beyond epic.
but those are all sinnoh legendarys, mewtwo is from kanto. But your theory could hold some truth if the kanto starter rumor is true.

Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
Team Rocket returning doesn't sound too off because of them coming together once again in the manga, however I don't believe there will be an evil team this generation.

They did confirm that there will be some kind of team during the E3 Q&A, they just didn't give any details beyond that.

As for starter distribution between the 5 friends, it actually makes perfect sense if you also factor in the source's statement that there will be two rivals. You get one, the two friends who serve as rivals get the other two, and the ones who aren't rivals get Pokémon elsewhere.

Is it confirmed that Fairy is the ONLY new type this generation? I don't see Fairy being weak to Ice, and I really think the Ice type is really weak when it comes to type advantages and disadvantages. Also there aren't that many Ice types to choose from. I hope there will be more types besides Fairy. I like new types, and Ice can use a boost.

Drohn said:
Is it confirmed that Fairy is the ONLY new type this generation? I don't see Fairy being weak to Ice, and I really think the Ice type is really weak when it comes to type advantages and disadvantages. Also there aren't that many Ice types to choose from. I hope there will be more types besides Fairy. I like new types, and Ice can use a boost.

what a type is strong against is not what makes or breaks it, since offensively it only matters for STAB.
Its all about how good its defensive side is on whether being a type sucks.

Making anything weak to ice, would make Ice TYPE MOVES even more OP (they already are top tier next to ground/fight), while Ice type POKEMON would still be horrible frail things that die on switch-in. Pokemon who use Ice moves for type coverage (like Starmie and everything else) would gain more from that, than the actual Ice pokemon.

In other words, what Ice needs is some actual resistances.

I really wish theyd adjust other types instead of just adding Fairy.
Ice getting a Ground resistance would be a start but still the crappiest type to be.

Mitja said:
Drohn said:

what a type is strong against is not what makes or breaks it, since offensively it only matters for STAB.

Making anything weak to ice, would make Ice TYPE MOVES even more OP (they already are top tier next to ground/fight), while Ice type POKEMON would still be horrible frail things that die on switch-in. Pokemon who use Ice moves for type coverage (like Starmie and everything else) would gain more from that, than the actual Ice pokemon.

Ice getting a Ground resistance would be a start but still the crappiest type to be.

You are right, Ice has too many weaknesses. With my post I meant that types could be added which the Ice type would resist or be strong against. Changing the existing types would also work. Maybe they could resist the Fighting type and/or be strong against them. Fighters and other athletes perform worse in cold temperatures, and always need to warm up first. That could be a valid reason for them to resist Fighting instead of being weak to it. I don't think it will happen, but it would be awesome. Although, then I think that Fighting also should resist something else or be super effective against more. And more than any other type, Poison needs a boost! Just Fairy is not enough for it.

Drohn said:
Mitja said:

You are right, Ice has too many weaknesses. With my post I meant that types could be added which the Ice type would resist or be strong against. Changing the existing types would also work. Maybe they could resist the Fighting type and/or be strong against them. Fighters and other athletes perform worse in cold temperatures, and always need to warm up first. That could be a valid reason for them to resist Fighting instead of being weak to it. I don't think it will happen, but it would be awesome. Although, then I think that Fighting also should resist something else or be super effective against more. And more than any other type, Poison needs a boost! Just Fairy is not enough for it.
Idk I see fighters punching through ice but ice should resist some other types such as flying grass and water.

Ice should definitely resist Grass. Never quite understood why it doesnt.
Grass shouldnt be weak to Flying either. Whether the Flying type move is representing airborne or wind, it still doesnt make any sense.

NoDice said:
Grass shouldnt be weak to Flying either. Whether the Flying type move is representing airborne or wind, it still doesnt make any sense.

Wind is harmful to plant growth, strong winds uproot them. Birds are also seed and berry eaters.

NoDice said:
Strong winds such as Typhoons always sort of halted my crop production in Harvest Moon games, so it makes sense that Flying types are Super Effective to Grass types.

I think we all overlooked something kind of important: Talonflame's Japanese name is ファイアロー, which is six characters - for the entire history of the series, the character limit on Japanese names has been five. This plus Parabolic Charge (whose 16 characters probably aren't a mistake/fluke in English now, as I thought it might be) means that character limits are confirmed to be going up for moves and Pokémon, and probably for a lot of other things too, including item and player character names.

Alix Rooker said:
NoDice said:
Strong winds such as Typhoons always sort of halted my crop production in Harvest Moon games, so it makes sense that Flying types are Super Effective to Grass types.

It's also the reason bug is super effective on grass, bugs eat/destroy crops and poison is obvious

Back