(1) The EX’s, Ultra Rares, and Trainers of BW8 ‘Spiral Force’ and ‘Thunder Knuckle’ [12/12]

Thunder Crown said:
The Pikachu Mafia said:
well you could use zebstrika, but then you have to attack with him, and that wouldn't do much good :|

or you could run 4 plasma badge and some form of trainer retrieval (sableye + Blend?)

Ain't need sableye. Need Raticate!
Raticate - Colorless - HP70
Stage 1 (Team Plasma) - Evolves from Rattata
[C] Junk Transform: Select 1 Team Plasma Pokemon, Team Plasma Trainer, and Team Plasma Energy card from your discard pile, and put them into your hand.
[C][C] Bite: 30 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

you would actually need sableye to counter tool scrapper and get plasma badge back from the discard :|

And why can't you get Plasma Badge back from the discard with Raticate?

DNA said:

You can, but Sableye is the better choice since you can get 2 Items back (and they don't need to be Plasma), and it's not evolved from a 30 HP pokemon (even better, it isn't evolved at all).

I know. It just seemed like Pikachu Mafia was implying you couldn't.
I'd use Sableye too, just because it is the superior choice.

I don't really think Raticate is very playable, even though the attack is very good, no one is going to set up a stage 1 and waste there attack to do it. I'd prefer to use Sableye + energy to use Junk Hunt in every other deck, except maybe Clefable.

Keeper of Night said:
DNA said:

You can, but Sableye is the better choice since you can get 2 Items back (and they don't need to be Plasma), and it's not evolved from a 30 HP pokemon (even better, it isn't evolved at all).

The one in SF/TK has 40HP.

Pokemonlover903 said:
is it possible to make a emboar-heatran deck?

Uh... Yes. It's possible to make any deck. I'm not sure if it will be good, but it is definitely possible.

It doesn't seem like an amazing deck, but Heatran is a step up from Reshiram EX and Rayquaza EX.

chandelure/heatran will be all the rage, I'm calling it :p (I'm actually sorta serious, chandelure should be pretty good)

I was about to say so. Chandelure/Reshiram (BW)/Heatran. Someone will try it but it won't be that good as you need to spam Chandelures.

well I like to think of chandelure as a slightly worse typhlosion (10 less hp, worse attack, and slightly worse ability) and I'm pretty sure that Typhlosion would thrive in this format since there seems to be more breathing room for stage 2's... Not to mention that chandelure gets the plasma engine so I could see the deck getting some play...

You usually need more than 1 bench sitter set up anyway, because then your opponet wont waste Catchers trying to get rid of them. (Unless your bench sitter is Celebi)

while that is true, you only need 1 chandelure/typhlo for the first couple turns, you don't need multiple copies out until the mid game when it's easier to accomplish anyways...

Between your Pokemon search cards. computer Search, Skyla, and Rare Candy, there shouldn't be too much of a problem getting the 2nd or even 3rd one into play.

So:
4 Rare Candy
4 Skyla
4 Communication (really not ultra ball)
4-2-4 Chandelure
1 Computer Search

Really? That are 23 cards to get in the deck just to spam Chandelure. Almost half deck just to get Chandelure there. The problem is that Chandelure isn't spammable like Garchomp or Empoleon. The best card in the Cahndelure line to spam it is the Call for Family Litwick:
images

Back