(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimson Tide said:
Exactly and dont you get the feeling that its classic look is better than say IDK tepig? Its a differnt feel almost like a totally differnent game.

but to me i think that there should be a different pokemon so that it can please everyone

I agree. Just like everything else in today's media, there is a group of more mainstream pokemon; the ones that the majority favor. There are times when I don't like a pokemon's design, but I get over it and just learn to love it as part of the environment. I'm not telling anyone to get over their dislike for certain pokemon, but rather try to look at it from a real world point of view. For example, There are certain animals I detest, I don't like them for their appearance, but for the simple fact that they exist. There are creatures for me to dislike. Which makes pokemon more enjoyable, because I know that there are other trainers that want the pokemon I don't.

I'm not a big fan of Gogoat... He's just - eh to me. lol.

Its his choice to reveal or not . its not ours, his actions have consequences has he mentioned you can scream all you want to reveal or not to reveal .
Also i don't see this as a reason to hate him

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'm going to wait a little longer to see what happens and then I'll go from there.

Hope <3
I'd really like more information, but it's your decision. I just wanted to say, I really don't want to be in your position. Most people in this discussion and the whole Internet are rather selfish, just thinking about if they want to be spoiled or not... I don't know you, but all those hard words just make me feel sad for you and the world. After all, it's a game and you should just hold your head up high =)
(I'm also a bit jealous of you for knowing so much more about my hobby ;D)

@Crimson Tide:
You appearently like Munna more because you KNOW the first gen hinted toward it. You will deny it, but it's all a head thingy. This "more classic feel" is just ... well, people like you will never change ^^

Besides, I'm really curious and can't imagine how GF will treat double type moves. Like, there shouldn't be a 16x weakness Oo" With the rest, I'm fine ^^

Reggie McGigas said:
Seems legit except fairy type. Here is why

1. No reason for it
2. Besides Clefairy, Celebi, and Sylveon, no one else should have it
3. Strong against dragons, now that's pushing it.
I think illumise, volbeat and cleafairy obviously should have it and i heard mawile has hit. I also think it would ballance things up toxicroack and crobat will obviously start to get abused again but this also looks like its to ballance up triples combat, and singles is beeing put aside this gen mayb.e

Reggie McGigas said:
Seems legit except fairy type. Here is why

1. No reason for it
2. Besides Clefairy, Celebi, and Sylveon, no one else should have it
3. Strong against dragons, now that's pushing it.
I think illumise, volbeat and cleafairy obviously should have it and i heard mawile has hit. I also think it would ballance things up toxicroack and crobat will obviously start to get abused again but this also looks like its to ballance up triples combat, and singles is beeing put aside this gen mayb.e

Nightingirle said:
Crimson Tide said:
Since you have this inside info will you atleast give your opinion as to weather this is gonna be a awesome gen (like gen 2) or a crappy gen. (like gen 5)

Isn't that very subjective? I, for once , really liked gen 5 ;) and I've been playing since gen one, for reference. Also, it will be hard to judge that without playing the game, in my opinion. Sure, some nice features would give it a good potential to be awesome, but then again some might like a feature other people really hate.

The same applies to pokemon designs. It's a personal preference, I, for example, liked gen 1 pokemon the least, together with gen 4... Not that I did NOT like them, but they were not my favorites. Still mst people say they like gen 1 best.

I cant really say which one i liked because i took a break after gen 2 and got back on gen 5 i like them both for two completly difffrent reassons gen 1 and 2 is nostalgic i could only play agains one friend and that was it so it was more about the game it self and loving genger and snorlax but coming back to gen 5 i got to satisfie an itch from gen one playing more than on person competivly and thats been from pokemon black and white launch i didnt get the sequal to black it just to much money and all i really want to do is to play competitive.

Why i like gen 5 is because when i came back to pokemon there was like a massive knowledge gap from playing singels and i still dont get it but triple changed it for me and gave me a quest which came from a thought. It started from making water absorb tripple abuse i got mono and i got it bad and using my powers of heinsite i thought this can only be ballanced through team work and dedication but it will be done in slow manor in pokemon tradition (maybe). The thought is if you have a mono you have one weakness which you allies can counter by killing or nerfing but once that hits it critical junction through the game world converging you get a new mono type to counter the counter each type will do this which means by having the variety of well trained mono mixed by using the chances of multiple encounters on the wifi battales it will balance it self out making what ever counter for water mono or rock mono or any mono obsoleate leaving the true power as a group of players that play on the reg on line i also there may be even up to five varient teams peer type for mono water already has 4 two water two swift swim. and this all ties in with the pokemon theam of working to together what better way to ballance the system

Scorpiopt said:
Its his choice to reveal or not . its not ours, his actions have consequences has he mentioned you can scream all you want to reveal or not to reveal .

Well from reading all the post, I think people are angry because he gave a little taste and suggested he was going to give us more, then decided not to.

Now I believe WPM said something about tpci having words with him over the so called leaks , so I can understand why he wouldn't post them. But if I recall didn't something like this happen for gen IV or V? And if it did wouldn't it be reasonable for smart and talented person like WPM to expect a little backlash over the leaks this year? So if was foreseeable that one may not be able to post all the rumors , why post some at all? Or why Not give to someone else with less at stake to leak?
This may be why some are upset, of course this may be all conjecture .
Also people may be upset because WPM kinda still talks about his source and the fact that he may have info we would like to know, especially when it comes to other rumors. It's kinda like saying ha ha I got something you don't and I'm not gonna let you forget about it. Again I'm merely speculating.

No the question is not do we have the right to be upset , it's how we show it.
Now the behavior of some on this site and others are a little harsh and unwarranted in my opinion.
I am a fan that is upset so I will express it now

WPM I'm very disappointed that the rest of the leaks will not be coming. The excitement I had when they were confirmed was unparalleled , and I remain anxious. However while you may or may not have contribute to my disappointment is debatable, I hold no ill will to you. You are running an excellent site that I have been a fan of for years. It truly takes a remarkable to person to run a site based on pokemon and to do it justice , so here's to many more years of prosperity .

Mark Griszell said:
Scorpiopt said:

Well from reading all the post, I think people are angry because he gave a little taste and suggested he was going to give us more, then decided not to.

Now I believe WPM said something about tpci having words with him over the so called leaks , so I can understand why he wouldn't post them. But if I recall didn't something like this happen for gen IV or V? And if it did wouldn't it be reasonable for smart and talented person like WPM to expect a little backlash over the leaks this year? So if was foreseeable that one may not be able to post all the rumors , why post some at all? Or why Not give to someone else with less at stake to leak?
This may be why some are upset, of course this may be all conjecture .
Also people may be upset because WPM kinda still talks about his source and the fact that he may have info we would like to know, especially when it comes to other rumors. It's kinda like saying ha ha I got something you don't and I'm not gonna let you forget about it. Again I'm merely speculating.

No the question is not do we have the right to be upset , it's how we show it.
Now the behavior of some on this site and others are a little harsh and unwarranted in my opinion.
I am a fan that is upset so I will express it now

WPM I'm very disappointed that the rest of the leaks will not be coming. The excitement I had when they were confirmed was unparalleled , and I remain anxious. However while you may or may not have contribute to my disappointment is debatable, I hold no ill will to you. You are running an excellent site that I have been a fan of for years. It truly takes a remarkable to person to run a site based on pokemon and to do it justice , so here's to many more years of prosperity .

Well don't get too disappointed over it just yet. He did say "I won't be releasing additional X/Y leaks for the time being.". He never said the leaks wouldn't come, he just meant "for the time being". We just had a big news week; also if you include his information (which didn't come out that long ago). I think people just need to be more patient with the matter at hand. I've read those who have gone far enough to call him selfish and I think that's ridiculous. He's an adult and I'm sure he's not stressing too much over that pathetic mess, but it must be exhausting. I think the best thing is for us to be a supportive community, perhaps change the direction of conversations towards speculation of the game and not what WPM has up his sleeve. It'll all come in due time.

i hope pokesmash reveals a new trailer with new places and also sylveon, xerneas and yveltal types... i need to know for sure

does anyone remember back in bw how long did it take to reveal zekrom and reshiram types?

I don't expect Pokemon Smash to reveal much. They'll probably show the new Pokemon (and trying to cover up for Sylveon too) for this week. Next week I hope they'll give game play footage (riding Gogoat and stuff). The they'll go back to Sylveon, being its type revealed in June when Corocoro comes out.

felichar said:
i hope pokesmash reveals a new trailer with new places and also sylveon, xerneas and yveltal types... i need to know for sure

does anyone remember back in bw how long did it take to reveal zekrom and reshiram types?

Zekrom and Reshiram's types were announced as dragon in the same month they came out (May 2010). Their secondary types were revealed the next month.

It's safe to say they're taking their sweet time with this gen and does anyone else feel like they're being extra mysterious?

Thief said:
felichar said:

Zekrom and Reshiram's types were announced as dragon in the same month they came out (May 2010). Their secondary types were revealed the next month.

It's safe to say they're taking their sweet time with this gen and does anyone else feel like they're being extra mysterious?

Shoko "accidentally" let out that Zekrom was Electric type on Smash

I remember that some unofficial sources revealed Pokemon. For example, I remember when there was a Pansage doll or something like that before it was confirmed. Or the Dewott in a photo. Also Zekrom's typing.

I honestly have no idea what they're going to show on Smash for the special. There's already a new video out on Nintendo and the Corocoro issue has been out for some time, so are they really just going to repeat what's already been said for a third time?

They could reveal the new type, but at the same time I feel as if it might be too much in such a short period of time. You'd think they'd have that for next month's issue of Corocoro, which is what I'm pretty sure will happen.

Maybe they'll just show off some new battle features and maybe have a couple more new Pokemon in there like the Pokemon Sunday thing for Gen 5, but I really don't know.

Giratina210 said:
Thief said:

I remember that. She did it around the end of the month, but they weren't "official" until the next month.

I love how the hype and speculation for pokemon games can sometimes be more fun than the actual game. So much mystery... We still love them though.

Thief said:
Giratina210 said:

I remember that. She did it around the end of the month, but they weren't "official" until the next month.

I love how the hype and speculation for pokemon games can sometimes be more fun than the actual game. So much mystery... We still love them though.

I agree that its fun to speculate, but sometimes I prefer to go into a game blind. I only went into Sapphire, Leafgreen, Emerald, and Diamond blind and I liked it, but every game from Platinum and on I've known everything about. It was still fun to play them, but it wasn't as exciting.

Giratina210 said:
Thief said:

I agree that its fun to speculate, but sometimes I prefer to go into a game blind. I only went into Sapphire, Leafgreen, Emerald, and Diamond blind and I liked it, but every game from Platinum and on I've known everything about. It was still fun to play them, but it wasn't as exciting.

I totally agree with that. The last exciting game for me was probably...Sapphire I think. I'm debating whether or not I should stop coming here (& Serebii) until the games actually come out. Although I know my friends might tell me anyways... It's so hard! lol. I want to know, but I really want to feel like when I played red version for the first time as a kid. Not knowing what evolves into what and literally having the pokedex as my only guide to pokemon.

It's like a drug addiction though... How am I supposed to just ignore news now when fairy type might come to us anyday now.

what i dont get is why people think the fairy type will be a bad thing is it because you dont know what fairies are look up dullahan that is a fairy...you know what here is a dullahan : http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4812005072307631&pid=15.1 see that that is a fairy

powerprotoman said:
what i dont get is why people think the fairy type will be a bad thing is it because you dont know what fairies are look up dullahan that is a fairy...you know what here is a dullahan : http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4812005072307631&pid=15.1 see that that is a fairy

naaah... that's still cute to me! Try again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back