(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul Dew said:
Charizard_Knight said:
Quite possible too. Either way I do hope they elaborate.

Way back when in FR/LG (I think), you received a Gen II starter from Prof. Oak when you completed the entire pokedex of Kanto and/or Hoenn pokemon (I don't remember). Maybe that's how this one will function.

Maybe after completing one of the three sections? I vaguely remember reading on here that it's supposed to happen during the main story of the game, but since I can't seem to find that post I'm not sure if it was trustworthy...
Hm I think now that we have those three sections, maybe there could be some reward for each one you finish? And I wonder, if after the main story there will be another section for pokemon that might not be included in those?

Soul Dew said:
Charizard_Knight said:
Quite possible too. Either way I do hope they elaborate.

Way back when in FR/LG (I think), you received a Gen II starter from Prof. Oak when you completed the entire pokedex of Kanto and/or Hoenn pokemon (I don't remember). Maybe that's how this one will function.

It was a Johto starter in Emerald After Hoenndex completion.

The other time was in HGSS from Steven (Hoenn) and Oak (Kanto).

Really, Sinnoh starters are the most necessary atm...and I still hope this is not before the post-game.
But I can see why they would put Kanto starters as gift in first, and then do the Sinnoh starters in the next gen 6 game, so all the genhaters are more pleased at the beginning of a new gen.

Nightingirle said:
Soul Dew said:

Maybe after completing one of the three sections? I vaguely remember reading on here that it's supposed to happen during the main story of the game, but since I can't seem to find that post I'm not sure if it was trustworthy...
Hm I think now that we have those three sections, maybe there could be some reward for each one you finish? And I wonder, if after the main story there will be another section for pokemon that might not be included in those?

I agree that they should give a prize for each one completed but I don't believe they'll give you a starter from a gen. Maybe they can give when you complete all the Pokedex. That also made me wonder how would you get the Master Ball which could even be used with this system.

Mitja said:

Really, Sinnoh starters are the most necessary atm...and I still hope this is not before the post-game.
But I can see why they would put Kanto starters as gift in first, and then do the Sinnoh starters in the next gen 6 game, so all the genhaters are more pleased at the beginning of a new gen.

True, true. Gen haters, always hard to please. They did a nice job with BW2, allowing early access to wild Riolu, Growlithe, Eevee, etc.

Soul Dew said:
Mitja said:

True, true. Gen haters, always hard to please. They did a nice job with BW2, allowing early access to wild Riolu, Growlithe, Eevee, etc.

I really don't get this genhater thing :/ I mean I have to admit, I liked some gens overall pokemon designs more than others, but that's just personal preference and every gen had some pokemon I absolutely loved. I liked the early accessibility in b/w 2, however I don't think I would have liked it that much in b/w. I think it was a good thing to concentrate on the new ones in the first game of the gen, so you get to know them and they all get their opportunity to shine and then make it more open and accessible in the second game.

I finally got a full night of sleep!

oakbark said:
There's so many 'leakers' on the internet that we could have potentially have heard new info and just not realised it. It's so confusing when you hear all these (I'll admit, fairly cool) 'leaks'.

I want it all to be released NOW! :p
Not a single one of the "leaks" that I've seen match up with the information I have. I'm pretty sure the only true leakers out there right now are the one I have and possibly Hiro/Melkor's, though I've already talked to Melkor and their source hasn't revealed anything concrete to them beyond the Fairy type. Melkor also hinted to me that out of the information his source knows, his source stated that it matches up to what I have. (And for those of you trusting Hiro and him saying our information is wrong, I also found out Hiro knows nothing this generation. He's riding on the coattails of his previous reputation, hence why he hasn't released any information like we all know he would, and hence why he stated Sylveon would be Flying before he ever announced Fairy back in April). I also have NOT been able to figure out if Melkor/Hiro's source is actually mine and if they're just making it up this generation. Remember, my source originally posted some of his information back in February on a couple of forums when I refused to post any of it. It's possible Hiro saw some of that information like some other people did and that's when he announced the Fairy type. It also might explain why Melkor made a post against Hiro saying he accepts things too easily - perhaps Hiro was going off what our source posted. Who knows. Either way I know we have a legit person since he got the four English names correct, so whatever.

Flygon2071 said:
Giratina210 said:
Yes. According to the insider, there will be another Professor named Sycamore who gives you a Kanto starter.

When was that revealed? The only insider information there is, is the one in the front page. It would be kind of cool though.
I posted about it earlier in this thread. The source originally stated in February that there is a professor who gives you a Kanto starter and then he told me the other day that the guy's name is Sycamore. So now we apparently have two professors.

Mark Griszell said:
Can someone explain how someone would get in trouble for leaking information? I understand if you work for the company they can sue/Fire you but if that person tells you and you tell another why would you get into trouble?
TPCi can't legally do anything to us for posting up bits of information about their game. What they can do, however, is go to our competitors and give them TCG exclusives or refuse to send us any press releases, etc. etc. (which they've been doing). So they can't really take legal action against us (especially when images aren't involved), but they can hurt our ability to get news, which is very important to this site especially.

I haven't told you guys yet since anything I say here I know TPCi is looking at, but I actually sent an e-mail to TPCi the other day asking them if there's a chance they would ever want to work with us. I haven't heard back from them, so I'm thinking their answer is a no. (Plus, this might not really even be their department now that I've been thinking about it - it may be more about Nintendo than them). I'm going to wait a little longer to see what happens and then I'll go from there.

Good to know, thanks WPM.

EDIT: Oh, btw, it's a damn video game, don't lose sleep over it or the leaks for goodness sake!

Crimson Tide said:
Thanks for letting us know.

*EDIT* Where can I see the info that the Hiro guy has?

You can find him on Twitter but his account is private, you must follow him first.
@Hirobyte

Btw, he's Spanish so... ;)

EDIT: Oh, and thank you WPM! =D

I do have a question, and I apologize if it's a stupid one, but... "Fairy" is the localized name of the type, right, and not just the Japanese name for it?

Yeah, Fairy is the localized name.

Also: http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1368792733120.png

This image has been spreading around. It is doctored. I wasn't awake at 5 in the morning and I don't even go to our chat. Also, the time stamp on the post isn't even vertically centered because they did a bad Photoshop job.

Water Pokémon Master said:

This image has been spreading around. It is doctored. I wasn't awake at 5 in the morning and I don't even go to our chat. Also, the time stamp on the post isn't even centered because they did a bad Photoshop job.

Fairy's the localised name? Oh man, I'd hoped for a rename :(

So you're saying the rumours of you saying there's a Water/Fire type weren't real then? I kind of assumed that was the case.

oakbark said:

So you're saying the rumours of you saying there's a Water/Fire type weren't real then? I kind of assumed that was the case.
What rumors? The last thing I posted concerning X/Y was the Sycamore name.

oakbark said:

There was a rumor going around on GameFAQs- someone claimed that you revealed in the chat that there was to be a Water/Fire-type.

oakbark said:

Oh, just people were spreading a rumour off-site that you had told chatroom folk you'd confirm a new dual type if they guessed it, and when they mentioned Water/Fire you said they were correct.

It was all vague hearsay, but that's what was said.

This image has been spreading around. It is doctored. I wasn't awake at 5 in the morning and I don't even go to our chat. Also, the time stamp on the post isn't even vertically centered because they did a bad Photoshop job.

yeah, and probably some will try to go pass up by you in another forums to fool us

WPM, stay away for 4chan at all costs. The people are really creepy. Need proof? /mlp/ or /b/

I know you go on the pokemon section, but just dont post there as the people there know you have info and will, and I mean WILL spam you for it.

Also, I am losing some hope for gen6... Fairy type? Ugh...

Although I will wait and see what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back