(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolfusion said:
mastermagpie said:
I would hate having to start again. Spent so long trying to fill my Pokedex, I don't think I could be bothered to start all over!

I don't think that they will have any problems being able to port pokemon from older games, because the 3ds has download play for the ds as well as other 3dses. They dont want to have to face the fan outrage like they did for generation II for not allowing old pokes to be transfered to new games.

Remeber that already exists the Pokèmon Dream Radar / AR Searcher, that let you transfers your Pokèmon in the cartridge. I think this app is going to be supported by Pokèmon X/Y and maybe updated with all the Pokemon

Charizard_Knight said:
It might sound too dark* for a Pokemon game, but if Gen VI is set ahead of Kanto times, I would like a reference to Prof Oak, as you get your Kanto starter. Like even if it's years ahead and Oak has passed away, (*The Dark Part) I'd like Prof Sycamore to mention that he has passed away, retired, or off in another new region running errands, which might possibly link up with future Pokemon games?. Just some insight and references to past generations and what we can speculate on, would be nice.

Maybe Prof. Oak gets his starters from Sycamore! Ever thought of that?

I'm anticipating we won't be able to transfer Pokemon across, and that only a percentage of the National dex will be available - remember the trailer said 'see SOME of your favourite Pokemon in 3D' (or words to that effect). While this could mean nothing, I think we'll only see some Pokemon in this game, and they'll save the rest for later releases.

D.N.A said:
I'm anticipating we won't be able to transfer Pokemon across, and that only a percentage of the National dex will be available - remember the trailer said 'see SOME of your favourite Pokemon in 3D' (or words to that effect). While this could mean nothing, I think we'll only see some Pokemon in this game, and they'll save the rest for later releases.

That's probably just referring to the regional Dex having older-gen Pokemon this time around. If they left out even one previous Pokemon, the fans would cry for Gamefreak's blood.

frezgle said:
D.N.A said:

That's probably just referring to the regional Dex having older-gen Pokemon this time around. If they left out even one previous Pokemon, the fans would cry for Gamefreak's blood.

That seems like a weird thing to refer to, when you could just say 'see your favourite Pokemon in 3D'. I'm just saying, it seems like an oddly specific choice of words.

oakbark said:
Charizard_Knight said:
It might sound too dark* for a Pokemon game, but if Gen VI is set ahead of Kanto times, I would like a reference to Prof Oak, as you get your Kanto starter. Like even if it's years ahead and Oak has passed away, (*The Dark Part) I'd like Prof Sycamore to mention that he has passed away, retired, or off in another new region running errands, which might possibly link up with future Pokemon games?. Just some insight and references to past generations and what we can speculate on, would be nice.

Quite possible too. Either way I do hope they elaborate.

oakbark said:
I hope we hear some new info soon. Or at least confirm the info we have.

Don't we have an official date? I thought they suppose to bring the news on May 19
or did I read the post wrong?

D.N.A said:
frezgle said:

That seems like a weird thing to refer to, when you could just say 'see your favourite Pokemon in 3D'. I'm just saying, it seems like an oddly specific choice of words.

Because previous gen was "all new! no old pokemon on your journey, at all!"
I totally see why they would say that.

Maybe they will only let you transfer pokemons from old Gens when you finish te game like the key system in BW2! That way it wont mess with the game balance, and you can still transfer your pokemons after...

scattered mind said:
oakbark said:
I hope we hear some new info soon. Or at least confirm the info we have.

Don't we have an official date? I thought they suppose to bring the news on May 19
or did I read the post wrong?

That's pokemon smash, and yes they said there would be information there, but it's not clear if it will be new or just the corocoro stuff repeated. I really hope it will be some new stuff, too, but they already had a huge bunch of information this week, so I'm not sure if they want to give us that much at once.
I would really prefer them to give out some info every other week and not a big chunk in months/irregularly.

Pokèbass said:
absolfusion said:
I don't think that they will have any problems being able to port pokemon from older games, because the 3ds has download play for the ds as well as other 3dses. They dont want to have to face the fan outrage like they did for generation II for not allowing old pokes to be transfered to new games.

Remeber that already exists the Pokèmon Dream Radar / AR Searcher, that let you transfers your Pokèmon in the cartridge. I think this app is going to be supported by Pokèmon X/Y and maybe updated with all the Pokemon

Im Fine with That As Long As I Dont Have To Pay For It Again.

Nightingirle said:
That's pokemon smash, and yes they said there would be information there, but it's not clear if it will be new or just the corocoro stuff repeated. I really hope it will be some new stuff, too, but they already had a huge bunch of information this week, so I'm not sure if they want to give us that much at once.
I would really prefer them to give out some info every other week and not a big chunk in months/irregularly.

There's so many 'leakers' on the internet that we could have potentially have heard new info and just not realised it. It's so confusing when you hear all these (I'll admit, fairly cool) 'leaks'.

I want it all to be released NOW! :p

Giratina210 said:
Delta Nite said:
Wait, what? Another starter?

Yes. According to the insider, there will be another Professor named Sycamore who gives you a Kanto starter.

When was that revealed? The only insider information there is, is the one in the front page. It would be kind of cool though.

Flygon2071 said:
Giratina210 said:
Yes. According to the insider, there will be another Professor named Sycamore who gives you a Kanto starter.

When was that revealed? The only insider information there is, is the one in the front page. It would be kind of cool though.

WPM mentioned it in a forum post on here as being true. It was never put on the frontpage though.

Can someone explain how someone would get in trouble for leaking information? I understand if you work for the company they can sue/Fire you but if that person tells you and you tell another why would you get into trouble?

Mark Griszell said:
Can someone explain how someone would get in trouble for leaking information? I understand if you work for the company they can sue/Fire you but if that person tells you and you tell another why would you get into trouble?

I dont think you can get in trouble in that situation, but im not a lawyer.

Mark Griszell said:

Water Pokémon Master said:
TPCi can't go after us for posting game details. That's like saying Apple can go after Engadget for leaking iProduct details.

Nightingirle said:
Mark Griszell said:

Water Pokémon Master said:
TPCi can't go after us for posting game details. That's like saying Apple can go after Engadget for leaking iProduct details.

So leak it son. lol

Charizard_Knight said:
oakbark said:

Quite possible too. Either way I do hope they elaborate.

Way back when in FR/LG (I think), you received a Gen II starter from Prof. Oak when you completed the entire pokedex of Kanto and/or Hoenn pokemon (I don't remember). Maybe that's how this one will function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back