(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neko Bertoluci said:
Alix Rooker said:
The shade, the shade of it all!

Completely off topic but...
I may or may not have created this account after a couple of days following this thread just to like this...
You have no idea how much in love with you I am right nao!
But no, seriously, that's freaking awesome dude.
I have fans. :3

Water Pokémon Master said:
Oopsies, the secondary types of Chespin and Froakie's final evolutions should be switched. News story edited.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

OH YES.

I swear to Arceus, if those typings are true, I'd be so happy since many of us were right all along!

I made this on January 12th in speculation of the starter evolution types: http://i.imgur.com/kzcbi0F.png :)

Oopsies, the secondary types of Chespin and Froakie's final evolutions should be switched. News story edited.

And there I am, stalking wpms profile for 8 hours like a pro, waiting for some kind of enlightenment to end this dreadful discussion that was being held on here for what feels like forever, my eyes lighting up in excitement as I see his post counter climb from 7380 to 7381, frantically checking this thread... Oh, cruel world, just why T.T
... I should go to bed now...

Now, in all seriousness, water/fighting for froakie makes so much more sense to me :) thanks for rectifying that ;)

Was waiting to hear that. From the beginning I've been dead set on Chespin following a Grass/Dark line. Thanks for the clarification.

I like how it each of them can now have 1 advantage over each other, as well as a disadvantage.

I knew it...

If its true, I at least hope they made the starter designs first and then noticed these types fit by coincidence (I mean look at the past cases, something more realistic would have been Grass/Steel, Fire, Water/Poison or smth). Cause if they used the types as a starting point...I've seen the result on fakemon too often and they usually look less authentic due to it.

Mitja said:

I knew it...

If its true, I at least hope they made the starter designs first and then noticed these types fit by coincidence (I mean look at the past cases, something more realistic would have been Grass/Steel, Fire, Water/Poison or smth). Cause if they used the types as a starting point...I've seen the result on fakemon too often and they usually look less authentic due to it.

That would be quite a coincidence, would it not? I have a feeling that they settled with the types first, after which came their designs.

do you know wich older pokes are getting a new evo or pre-evo?

frezgle said:
TCPi could be called unfair for the same exact reasons. They clearly have all the info, why are they only giving us small amounts once in a while when most of the Pokemon fandom wants it all now?

How is it unfair? I've hated the story lines in Pokemon because I knew them from spoilers (which are actually impossible to avoid). I would've loved BW1 finding out that N was the Plasma King but nope, already revealed. And I got them on Day 1 and play the crap outa both :(

TCPi doesn't owe us anything in terms of leaks, nor are they unfair. They're very generous with reveals compared to other video game franchises so be happy with what you.

Blui said:
frezgle said:
TCPi could be called unfair for the same exact reasons. They clearly have all the info, why are they only giving us small amounts once in a while when most of the Pokemon fandom wants it all now?

How is it unfair? I've hated the story lines in Pokemon because I knew them from spoilers (which are actually impossible to avoid). I would've loved BW1 finding out that N was the Plasma King but nope, already revealed. And I got them on Day 1 and play the crap outa both :(

TCPi doesn't owe us anything in terms of leaks, nor are they unfair. They're very generous with reveals compared to other video game franchises so be happy with what you.

Not to sound sound rude, but how do you spoil an entire game's storyline?

It's easy to stop reading information or close a spoiler tag once you notice that it relates to the game, so I don't see how the storyline for B/W were ruined for you unless you were actively reading the spoilers instead of just ignoring them as much as possible to keep it a surprise. It was always clear that year when a piece of B/W information was posted, so I think it should have been reasonably avoidable.

I think that leaked spoilers should be released in small (but informative) pieces, so that any dry spells of game news are remedied with small bits of information to satisfy our natural human curiosity without spoiling too much for ourselves.

So... will its immunity to Dragon be Fairy's only resistance?

I hated the idea of a new type but I'm mostly OK with this Fairy-type rumor. If they retroactively made Blissey a Fairy-type, Poison would suddenly become offensively relevant in the competitive scene, which would be a good thing I think. Poison needs more advantages.

I think WPM should run a poll and find out what info (if any) the viewers want to see. (Maybe tell us what type of info he knows)
He did post that he would reveal all info if any substantial truth came of what he had told us and the names being exactly right can't just be coincidence.

Pikaboi said:
I think WPM should run a poll and find out what info (if any) the viewers want to see. (Maybe tell us what type of info he knows)
He did post that he would reveal all info if any substantial truth came of what he had told us and the names being exactly right can't just be coincidence.

This actually sounds like a good idea.
I can imagine it being something like:
-descriptions of a couple of new Pokes
-How many new Pokes will be introduced
-How many new evolutions will come
-Descriptions of a couple of new characters
-New attacks and abilities
-Gym types
-Evil team
-Any new mechanics
-Any small details

I think revealing all the info at once might be too much (however we don't know how many spoilers he recieved), so I'm thinking a few at a time, maybe something like what we'd expect from CoroCoro every 2 weeks (obv. excluding the week when CoroCoro leaks)

P.DelSlayer said:
Pikaboi said:

This actually sounds like a good idea.
I can imagine it being something like:
-descriptions of a couple of new Pokes
-How many new Pokes will be introduced
-How many new evolutions will come
-Descriptions of a couple of new characters
-New attacks and abilities
-Gym types
-Evil team
-Any new mechanics
-Any small details

I think revealing all the info at once might be too much (however we don't know how many spoilers he recieved), so I'm thinking a few at a time, maybe something like what we'd expect from CoroCoro every 2 weeks (obv. excluding the week when CoroCoro leaks)

The poll results could be used to narrow down maybe 20 pieces of information to be leaked over the next 20 weeks (about how many weeks there are between now and October). Maybe WPM could release one interesting detail each week or every two weeks, except for the one week a month when CoroCoro is discussed? The pieces of info could then be shortened to 15 pieces of information if you take away 1 week for each month (when CoroCoro leaks/releases).

m7mad133 said:
I feel like WPM is trolling us for some reason..
I agree. The mix up of the starters types makes me think that. Why would the starters be the 3 most talked about types for them?

I think he finally is not going to reveal the info he has. I say this because of his silence and cause he's erased parts of the news in the front page (i.e.: hello Fairy Type! in the last one). I imagine ha has received some kind of notice from Nintendo's legal department.

WPM said yesterday, on another thread, that he probably won't post any of the insider information because of what TPCi would have to say (which is fair enough). I want to know just as much as everyone else though!

Blui said:
frezgle said:

It's not unfair; that was the entire point of why I said all of that in the context that I did, to point out that it's silly to call WPM unfair for not giving us info.

ytsejam214 said:
So... will its immunity to Dragon be Fairy's only resistance?

I hated the idea of a new type but I'm mostly OK with this Fairy-type rumor. If they retroactively made Blissey a Fairy-type, Poison would suddenly become offensively relevant in the competitive scene, which would be a good thing I think. Poison needs more advantages.

Toxic, one of the best Poison moves, but almost all Pokémon can learn it (which does not even make sense), limit the move to Poison Pokémon, and some that would make sense. I think by nerfing the availability of some moves, they can rebalance a lot. Toxic would then be a good reason to have a Poison Pokémon on your team, after all it is ''their'' status effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back