(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
rocky505 said:
m7mad133 said:
I feel like WPM is trolling us for some reason..
I agree. The mix up of the starters types makes me think that. Why would the starters be the 3 most talked about types for them?

They are the most-speculated types for the starters because they used moves in the very first trailer that looked like those types -- a Psychic-type move (which Fennekin used), a Dark-type move (used by Chespin), and a Fighting-type move (Froakie used that one).

frezgle said:
Blui said:
How is it unfair? I've hated the story lines in Pokemon because I knew them from spoilers (which are actually impossible to avoid). I would've loved BW1 finding out that N was the Plasma King but nope, already revealed. And I got them on Day 1 and play the crap outa both :(

TCPi doesn't owe us anything in terms of leaks, nor are they unfair. They're very generous with reveals compared to other video game franchises so be happy with what you.

It's not unfair; that was the entire point of why I said all of that in the context that I did, to point out that it's silly to call WPM unfair for not giving us info.

Derp my bad. But my responce is kinda a all round to why WPM won't leak and why TCPi leaks gradually instead of heaps of constant news.

Blui said:
frezgle said:
It's not unfair; that was the entire point of why I said all of that in the context that I did, to point out that it's silly to call WPM unfair for not giving us info.

Derp my bad. But my responce is kinda a all round to why WPM won't leak and why TCPi leaks gradually instead of heaps of constant news.
Because it's a marketing campaign. They're the dealers, Pokémon is their product, and that's market laws.

About the dual typed attacks rumor... wouldn't they have gone "ermergewd Fletchling leanrs Flame Charge which is now Fire and Electric like it should have been back when Blitzle first showcased it!!111oneone"?

Mitja said:
About the dual typed attacks rumor... wouldn't they have gone "ermergewd Fletchling leanrs Flame Charge which is now Fire and Electric like it should have been back when Blitzle first showcased it!!111oneone"?

Hey! About the dual typed moves, I just hope we don't end up with something like the Pledge moves that came with the 5th gen that combine and create a move which is supposedly "dual-typed". Having an attack with 2 typing is pretty cool though to make it more widespread they'd have to retype a ton of moves (Muddy Water, Blaze Kick, Steel Wing,...).

Mitja said:

There's nothing really electric about Flame Charge. It seems like it's just a slightly weaker and speedy version of Flame Wheel. It might take the idea from old cartoons and things where if you go fast enough, you leave a trail of fire behind? I dunno.

A Fire Electric attack should do this.

I've made a list of moves that would be candidates for dual types some years ago, to see if there is potential for this or if it was just gimmicky.

-Muddy Water: Water/Ground
-Scald: Water/Fire
-Octazooka: Water/Poison
-Shell Blade: Water/Fighting
-Water Pulse: Water/Psychic
-Crab Hammer: Water/Dark
-Heat Stamp, Fire Punch, Blaze Kick: Fire/Fighting
-Fire Fang: Fire/Dark
-Flame Charge: Fire/Electric
-Heat Wave, Fire Spin: Fire/Flying
-Fiery Dance: Fire/Bug
-V-Create: Fire/Psychic
-Inferno: Fire/Ghost
-Thunder Punch: Electric/Fighting
-Electroweb: Electric/Bug
-Thunder Fang: Electric/Dark
-Ice Fang: Ice/Dark
-Avalanche: Ice/Rock
-Ice Burn: Ice/Fire
-Freeze Shock: Ice/Electric
-Ice Punch: Ice/Fighting
-Icy Wind, Blizzard: Ice/Flying
-Mud Bomb: Ground/Water
-Ground/Fire: Earth Power
-Drill Run: Ground/Steel
-Bone Club, Bonemerang, Bone Rush: Ground/Dark
-Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain: Grass/Poison
-Leaf Blade, Wood Hammer: Grass/Fighting
-Needle Arm: Grass/Dark
-Solar Beam: Grass/Fire
-Leaf Tornado, Leaf Storm: Grass/Flying
-Psycho Cut: Psychic/Fighting
-Dream Eater: Psychic/Ghost
-Sky Uppercut: Fighting/Flying
-Sludge Wave, Acid Spray, Acid: Poison/Water
-Poison Jab: Poison/Fighting
-Poison Fang: Poison/Dark
-Razor Wind, Brave Bird, Drill Peck: Normal/Flying
-Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Thrash, Dizzy Punch: Normal/Fighting
-Fake Out, Hyper Fang: Normal/Dark
-Sky Attack: Flying/Fire
-Hurricane: Flying/Water
-Acrobatics: Flying/Fighting
-Dragonbreath, Outrage: Dragon/Fire
-Dragon Pulse: Dragon/Psychic
-Twister: Dragon/Flying
-Pin Missile, Twin-needle, Leech-Life: Bug/Poison
-X-scissor: Bug/Steel
-Bug Bite: Bug/Dark
-Silver Wind: Bug/Flying
-Signal Beam: Bug/Electric
-Ancient Power: Rock/Ghost
-Stone Edge: Rock/Dark
-Shadow Punch: Ghost/Fighting
-Shadow Claw: Ghost/Dark
-Hex: Ghost/Poison
-Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash: Steel/Fighting
-Mirror Shot, Flash Cannon: Steel/Ice
-Magnet Bomb, Gyro Ball: Steel/Electric
-Steel Wing: Steel/Flying

Thats taking it a bit too far perhaps LOLOLOL
but if they were to introduce dual types...it would be wtf to not change at least some of these, that just make sense, like Muddy Water, Earth Power, elemental punches etc.

mastermagpie said:
Branellope said:
It's hilarious how close the "insider" guy's leaks are to this wishlist from last month.

That's either disproved the leaker or proved that that guy was contacted by the leaker.

I hope the latter...
I dunno. To be honest, if it disproves the insider then that goes some way to explain why WPM hasn't actually posted the rest of the "leaks" yet like he said he would.

Oh wow. That list is basically identical. Interesting. What if there's actually more than one leaker? The one that gave that info, and the one that knew the English names, with the first just stealing that list and thinking no one would notice? Probably a bit far-fetched...
Why would he call it a "wishlist" if he was contacted by the leaker and knew it to be true information though?

those are oddly specific "wants".

he wants the professor's name to be patrice? a fairy type giga drain? belch? only listing the gyms 1, 2, and 4?

they are practically the exact same, and both could easily be untrue... but that just seems like a very strange wishlist.

ghosties said:
those are oddly specific "wants".

he wants the professor's name to be patrice? a fairy type giga drain? belch? only listing the gyms 1, 2, and 4?

they are practically the exact same, and both could easily be untrue... but that just seems like a very strange wishlist.

I was thinking this too. Unless the dude's just... really specific in what he wants? People can be like that sometimes. I'm sure I could think of a few things I'd think were cool to have that would sound oddly specific.

This is beginning to feel like a CSI episode and I like it.

Branellope said:
It's hilarious how close the "insider" guy's leaks are to this wishlist from last month.

Well, Since WPM did say he had this information since February, its not unbelievable for others to have gotten hold of this information as well. But really, a wish list XD? If this guy knows this information is true why to troll everyone and post it as a wish list? Well, whats almost for sure is WPM's source and this guy's source if not himself are the same. I just hope this isn't one big joke.

billi1000 said:
Branellope said:

Well, Since WPM did say he had this information since February, its not unbelievable for others to have gotten hold of this information as well. But really, a wish list XD? If this guy knows this information is true why to troll everyone and post it as a wish list? Well, whats almost for sure is WPM's source and this guy's source if not himself are the same. I just hope this isn't one big joke.

It seems to me that the leaker, gave the information to pokebeach and perhaps a few others, but became frustrated when no one posted it. So he made posts on various forums without saying he was actually leaking the info. That's why it's called a wish list, usually people who go onto forums and say they have leaked info are laughed out of town.

Cody Gordon said:
billi1000 said:

It seems to me that the leaker, gave the information to pokebeach and perhaps a few others, but became frustrated when no one posted it. So he made posts on various forums without saying he was actually leaking the info. That's why it's called a wish list, usually people who go onto forums and say they have leaked info are laughed out of town.

Actually, you may have a point. I wonder if there is any other information lying around?

Step 1. Have insider information.
Step 2. Post it as a wish list.
Step 3. Pokemon releases new information confirming wish list.
Step 4. Prophet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back