(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope these details are real. Especially the EV thing,. Maybe I could try to get into competitive battling (I didn't want to before because EVs are too annoying). Fairy type doesn't sound too interesting to me, but it makes sense. Whoever says it doesn't fit, say hi to the Dragon type. Froakie ending up Water/Dark could be cool too, it just adds more incentive to pick him. Even though I want to see what the evolutions look like first (pretty please CoroCoro?)...

I'm interested to see how they'd balance out dual type attacks. Metagame would go BOOM.

Interesting insider information, no longer need to worry replacing the EV system. With Pokemon types, nerf Water / Electric / Ghost (PLEASE FOR ONCE), buff Poison & Grass, tweak (isn't necessary) Ice, Flying, & Ground (these three types have something in common). If this new type is to be, Psychic Pokemon will finally be balanced. Surprisingly, Normal is very balanced & Fighting (from GEN. V-GEN. VI) will drop tremendously for being balanced. Dragon / Steel types are still broken. Rock & Bug, needs a major buff & not just a tweaking; Mewtwo X & Y sounds dope; interesting concept for legendary pokemon 'forms' than evolutions. Not much to be said about Dark Pokemon because few Dark Pokemon are even good until GEN. VI arrives...dark Pokemon aren't balanced.

Fairy-type Pokemon seem to counteract against today's metagame, of course, not at all balanced. Probably, see a rise, in Dark Pokemon; definitely help balance out Ghost-types. I still dislike Rotom...

SoulSilver said:
I'm interested to see how they'd balance out dual type attacks. Metagame would go BOOM.

Why? Its as simple as 1+1.

Lets take a Water/Ground type attack with a power of 80.
Imagine its damage being like Dual Chop. A 40P Water hit and a 40P Ground hit.

Use it on a Rock type= weak to both, 80P+80P= 160P
Use it on an Electric type=weak to half, 80P+40P=120P
Use it on a Grass type= resist both, 20P+20P= 40P
Use it on a Bug/Fire type= combo is weak to half and reists other half, 80P+40P=120P

This would be one of many ways it could be handled.

Darkraian10 said:
TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Why on earth wouldn't it be? Mascot legends have at least 680 BST.

*670 BST in the case of Kyogre/Groudon. But other than them, yes at least 680.

No.... Mascots have a maximum of 680 BST. (I suppose you could argue the kyurems being 700, but they are a rare exception)

look, its simple:

mascots have ~680.

Its not a rule, its not the maximum, its not the minimum. Mewtwo had 680, and was the prototype for all of them. Since then, there have been deviantions up to +-20.
And its safe to assume they wont suddenly go as low as 650 or as high as Arceus.

The issue was "we don't know if Xerneas is powerful" and the answer is: nonsense.

Mitja said:
SoulSilver said:

Why? Its as simple as 1+1.

Lets take a Water/Ground type attack with a power of 80.
Imagine its damage being like Dual Chop. A 40P Water hit and a 40P Ground hit.

Use it on a Rock type= weak to both, 80P+80P= 160P
Use it on an Electric type=weak to half, 80P+40P=120P
Use it on a Grass type= resist both, 20P+20P= 40P
Use it on a Bug/Fire type= combo is weak to half and reists other half, 80P+40P=120P

This would be one of many ways it could be handled.

I'm not sure I care for this one. It makes a fair some of sense, but certain parts of it seem wrong.

If someone used an electric type attack on a water mon, it would do x2. Using a grass/electric attack on a water mon, and having it do the same amount seems a bit off.

Dual stab is definitely something I think they will incorporate. In addition to a shallow pool of dual-type moves, the change would not be as cataclysmic as some people are making it out to be.

Am I really the only one liking the fairy type?
Boost to poison, weakness to dragon.

And people saying fairy isn't really an element
or ability? So what is dragon then? It's a creature
too and no one has ever complained.

Idk sometimes it looks like people just don't want
to accept new things but in the end everyone will be okay
about it, you'll see. xd

ElementFreak said:
Am I really the only one liking the fairy type?
Boost to poison, weakness to dragon.

And people saying fairy isn't really an element
or ability? So what is dragon then? It's a creature
too and no one has ever complained.

Idk sometimes it looks like people just don't want
to accept new things but in the end everyone will be okay
about it, you'll see. xd
There's always complainers. To them, they think Fairy-type serves little to no logic; better off not explaining when this is only a rumor. Don't forget this is just a rumor?

I have been on some international forums as of late, and the response on their is much more positive than on American-based forums. I think that in the US, and perhaps some other western nations, "fairies" have a stronger connotation of being girly, weak, and "tinker bell"ish than in other nations. In most western media, anything to do with fairies is marketed towards children, namely girls.

Jay said:
I have been on some international forums as of late, and the response on their is much more positive than on American-based forums. I think that in the US, and perhaps some other western nations, "fairies" have a stronger connotation of being girly, weak, and "tinker bell"ish than in other nations. In most western media, anything to do with fairies is marketed towards children, namely girls.

I don't think that's the case. I think that people are upset because there is no need for the fairy type. Also because fairy doesn't really fit in as a type. It just seems weird and out of place.

Momaster12 said:
Jay said:

I don't think that's the case. I think that people are upset because there is no need for the fairy type. Also because fairy doesn't really fit in as a type. It just seems weird and out of place.

It fits perfectly as a type and is rather overdue than "out of place" if you actually think about it instead of just blindly dismissing the idea.

redterror117 said:
The concept of the new type bugs me. The reason we saw new types in Gen 2 after all is because Psychic was way overpowered at the time, so new types were introduced to balance gameplay (Metal was resistant to Psychic, and Dark was super effective against it). So bringing in a new type would mean that they're either doing it to balance something, or just as a publicity stunt.

Weakening Dragon, Strengthens Poison. I don't see the problem. Now, Poison can be useful again! Yay!

Also, Mawile being a fairy? lulz.

Anyway, interesting info, can't wait to see the new style of my favorite type; flying.

Dual-typed moves would definitely make the whole battle system all difficult to understand by youngsters, I don't really like the idea of it (but it's still a possibility). Having dual-typed moves is like having triple-typed pokemon, complicated and completely unecessary.

PMJ said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
I'll make sure to do it in front of their five friends and the evil one. Then we could use ink to write on their faces, like Jigglypuff.

With dark ink, obviously, since that's normal. I marvel at Jigglypuff's skill with a pen.
What about jigglypuff's singing skills?

D.N.A said:
People talking about the 'rationale' behind weaknesses etc of the Fairy type are a bit off the mark.

Why do Dragons take less damage from Grass and Electric type attacks? There's no 'reason' for that, it's just the way they are.

Although there are a lot of weaknesses and resistances that make sense, there are also a bunch of them that don't - Dragons being serial offenders. It's not a requirement.

Dragons are obviously not phased by base elements obviously

Wait for it...
>There will be a Fairy-type Stealth Rock
>The most used Pokémon in Gen 6 OU will be a cutesy pink Fairy type, along with Scizor (again) because the Fairy-type is weak to Bullet Punch
>Hydreigon will drop to UU or RU because of 4x Fairy weakness, or maybe even join its buddy Charizard in NU
I fear for my favorite three-headed psycho-dragon.

The same source has posted these attacks:

New move: Belch a Poison-type attack with a base power of 120 but can only be performed if the user is holding a berry and the attack consumes said berry

New move: Draining Kiss a Fairy-type attack which has a base power of 60 and heals user for the same amount that it damages the enemy for

New move: Fairy Dust (fairy), makes the pokemon levitate. Same effect as Magnet Rise.

New move: Rose Thorns (grass), hurts opponents that switch into battle. Same effect as Stealth Rock.

New move: Mirage (psychic), makes you think that the pokemon has been switched by another one in the team, but it hasn't. Similar to Illusion ability.

And for other hand, I've read this in 4chan:

he Male Player Character is named Aaron

The Female Character is Gillian

Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Mawile families are being retconned to Fairy. Mawile being Steel/Fairy. Sylveon is Fairy but I didnt think anyone had doubts.

There are 16 new evolutions to past gen Pokemon. Sylveon not included.

Chansey line is still Normal

Gogoat isnt the only Pokemon you can ride on. This applies to most quadripeds (ie: Ponyta, Tauros)

HMs are being cut out of the game. They are now default actions for Pokemon. Birds can fly as well as fish can swim. The HMs still exist as TMs 93-100

The projects are split across many groups. All I know is Mawile has an evolution. Looks like Froslass but darker. She holds her earjaw in both hands like a ponytail.

Scizor isn't even OU in Gen. V, maybe in Gen. IV, but nowhere in Gen. V...
Scizor is too fragile to compete... I never had trouble taking Scizor out. Smogon is not very good when it comes to tiers. Just use a Water / Electric / Ghost Pokemon. Never mind, Ghost doesn't resist Steel-types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back