(1) Shigeki Morimoto to Appear on January 6th’s ‘Pokemon Smash’ [12/31]

I can actually see this as being Ruby & Sapphire remakes. They probably want to make Generation 6 visually appealing (better graphics?) so they probably still need more time. If it is Gen 3 remakes then the graphics will probably be on par with B/W/B2/W2, except extended to fit on a 3DS screen of course.

Well, perhaps they will run remakes of RSE as a test for 3DS graphics concerning the Pokemon main series. Then, based on their results, they will release the new Gen VI. But as I said in another thread, I doubt it. GameFreak and Nintendo wouldn't like their 1st main series game of a well-known franchise for the 3DS to be a remake.

If it's RS Remakes then it could be on the 3DS but then it could be on the regular DS. I can't see them splitting up a generation (Gen V) onto two separate consoles, plus the DS is the current handheld people are still using, come 2014 a lot more people will have moved on over to the 3DS which is a good time to start Gen VI. Either that or they will release the remakes sometime when Gen VI is out.

I'm not sure if we should expect anything on Sunday. If they had something to announce, the BW commercial would've mentioned the 6th and not the 8th.

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate any opinion.

Yeah, there will probably be a teaser on the 6th then the announcement on the 8th, but I can imagine more people will be tuned in on the 6th and I can't see them making an appearance just to make a teaser to reveal something 2 days later.

Bisharp37 said:
We Might get some sort of teaser like a silhouette then the actual announcement on the 8th.
This would be really sweet! I'm unsure if I want to watch it on Sunday since it's during the night in my time zone, which is why I want some opinions on what could happen that day. A silhouette would definitely make it worth staying up for, but I guess we can't say for sure.

if it is, I want a link. I've never watched one of these before (I hope they have subs or something and I'm not left alone with minimal understanding of their language)

Also I'm not do sure that they're ready for the leap to the 6th gen quite yet, I mean they would have to make HUGE adjustments to the play style of the game (going from an overhang view to a 3D view outside of battle) and 3D sprites could be tricky to make and would take some time. Not to mention that that if it was the 6th gen, then they could've only been working on it for 2 months at most (since the release of BW2 worldwide) so it would take some time for them to get everything out there, at which case RS remakes would be the perfect filler for the time we have to wait until they're ready to release the 6th gen. But who knows I could be completely wrong here, anything is possible.

If it's a major game announcement, I'm hoping it's new 6th gen games. I don't mind having RS remakes (or to be more precise, another game set in Hoenn), but now is not a good time for them.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
if it is, I want a link. I've never watched one of these before (I hope they have subs or something and I'm not left alone with minimal understanding of their language)

Usually when there's a big announcement, someone on Youtube i.e GCPM11 will stream the show live, he did it with HGSS & B2W2.

I think we will see Hoenn but maybe not as direct remakes.

The Pikachu Mafia said:

Also I'm not do sure that they're ready for the leap to the 6th gen quite yet, I mean they would have to make HUGE adjustments to the play style of the game (going from an overhang view to a 3D view outside of battle) and 3D sprites could be tricky to make and would take some time. Not to mention that that if it was the 6th gen, then they could've only been working on it for 2 months at most (since the release of BW2 worldwide) so it would take some time for them to get everything out there, at which case RS remakes would be the perfect filler for the time we have to wait until they're ready to release the 6th gen. But who knows I could be completely wrong here, anything is possible.
GameFreak has had the 3DS development kits since early 2010.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:

Yeah, and they've so far developed Pokemon Dream Radar and HarmoKnight.

squrtle said:
Okay, question, PLEASE explain how RS remakes would work now?

It's the right timing for them, both graphics and time based events are dated and it's impossible to migrate if you have a 3DS which is becoming more frequent as time goes on. The DS is being replaced by the 3DS and sooner or later the majority of players will have a 3DS with no GBA slot. I think it would be the right time because it seems the most convenient time for them to release the games.

itsJoe said:
It's the right timing for them, both graphics and time based events are dated and it's impossible to migrate if you have a 3DS which is becoming more frequent as time goes on. The DS is being replaced by the 3DS and sooner or later the majority of players will have a 3DS with no GBA slot. I think it would be the right time because it seems the most convenient time for them to release the games.

They can't just put RS remakes on the 3DS and call it a day. The 3DS is going to bring significant changes with it, which means they can't make it compatible with 5th gen. And they can't start off 6th gen with it, then the new games wouldn't be as exciting since we've already seen what's new. RS remakes can wait, we need to see what the 3DS can bring to the table with entirely new 6th gen games.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:

I know they've had the kit for almost 3 years now, but back in 2010 we didn't even have the 5th gen so they had to focus on that instead of the 3ds. Which means while they've had the kit for a long time they never really got to implement it in any main series games until now which means it could take awhile :| (unless they were working on the 6th gen while they were working on BW2, then they could probably get it out like any other game...)

Back