(1) Several ‘Megalo-Cannon’ Cards Revealed, Including Three ACE SPEC Cards! [2/23]

ryter78 said:
there's beautifly(dragons exalted) and shaymin ex for acceleration.
180px-BeautiflyDragonsExalted8.jpg

Beautifly is a stage 2 and Shaymin EX would be pointless as you want to get the DONK.

I'm liking all of these species-exclusive equips. It makes sense with Genesect, considering it was genetically and physically altered and all.

Keeper of Night said:
Half the point of using Genesect is because he has such a good ability, why would you not want 8 extra Catcher in your deck?
Also, not all decks have space for 4 Skyla, 4 Pokedex, 4 Ether, and 2-2 Roserade, just saying.

I agree, but not all decks want to donk/strike early either.

AnUnown said:
Dat G-Booster.
^
Also:

Black Kyurem EX: WWLC for 200 and discard 3 Energy on self.
Genesect EX: GGC for 200 and discard 2 Energy on self. Also pierce-all.

Dat power creep.

Videoland said:
G-scope and G-booster are Team Plasma cards, so wouldn't Shadow Triad get them back even if you opponent used Tool scrapper? Genesect could do 200 damage per turn if you can manage to use colress mashine or Ether succesfully + have a grass energy in hand. I'm happy colress mashine doesn't work with its ability thought..
And Metagross can search for them as well if you wanted...
...omg I'm scared.

Nigel said:
Puff-Sun said:
Master ball: WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN. It can get you any pokemon. Any. Pokemon. That's amazing. It'll have some stiff competition, but I expect to see this as a viable ACE SPEC choice.

Computer Search says hi

Oh, you need that crucial mewtwo to revenge theirs? Oops, have to discard your DCE in order to search it out. Wish you ran Master Ball.

Puff-Sun said:
Nigel said:
Computer Search says hi

Oh, you need that crucial mewtwo to revenge theirs? Oops, have to discard your DCE in order to search it out. Wish you ran Master Ball.

I could see master ball having its uses, but computer search is more versatile because it can get you rare candy or a blastoise or a mewtwo or an HTL or a catcher etc...

exdarkrai01 said:
Does anybody else see that water type EX in the masterball picture? Its another Kyurem...

Uh... yeah. There's a Blastoise (Deluge reprint)/Kyurem EX (not reprint) deck coming out in Japan, which is what the Master Ball is coming from.

Who cares about Tool Scrapper? All decks play a max of 1 if they play any at all and since G-booster is a Plasma card then you can get it back with Shadow triad, a teched Sableye or Recycle for that matter.

^Well, curiously, these are tool cards, not technical machine cards. Speaking of which, they haven't made any TM cards in the entire BW era...

They haven't released any Technical Machine cards since Rising Rivals, actually. (And actually, in the whole DPP block, only 3 were released.) I get the feeling they just decided to drop Technical Machines, since there's only a slight point in permanent Technical Machine cards not being Tools. (Plus this way they don't need to support Technical Machines, and can continue to give Tool supports like they've done a lot in the BW era.)

Puff-Sun said:
You're theorymoning. Hush.
Computer Search and Dowsing Machine are, at present, the two ACE SPEC cards vying for the deck slot. Master Ball is good, but it doesn't come close enough to compete.

Master Ball is cute, but it doesn't compete IMO. I actually prefer discarding stuff, it thins your deck out. Why do you think Darkrai has a pretty consistent late game? I would much rather go with CPU Search or Dowsing

So we have:

• An Octillery [Plasma] that can't make use of Plasma Energy except to pay its Retreat cost and has attacks that are underpowered not just by the current formats standards, but probably any time after the DP-era.
  • Evolving Pokémon that are still almost pure filler, to punish Evolutions for being too powerful by making them deadweight in the deck.
  • An Escavalier [Plasma] that also believes it is in the Pre-Diamond & Pearl-era, but at least it can tap Plasma Energy.
  • G-Booster seems promising thanks to Shadow Triad; no walling withSafeguard, Plasma Steel, etc. against a quad Genesect EX deck rocking Ether/Pokédex and Colress Machine/Plasma Energy. Even if it is something you just drop on a Genesect EX right before it is KOed for a quick whack when the discard cost doesn't matter... you should seldom fail to have a Pokémon Catcher or Plasma Energy handy to force something big, important, and uninjured up front.
  • G-Scope doesn't make a lot of sense; unless we have another version of Genesect EX coming, why do I care about a 100 point Bench hit when odds are I can drop a Pokémon Catcher or a Plasma Energy from hand to Red Signal my target up?
  • Master Ball is very disappointing; I don't suppose it was mistranslated and it actually says "Search your deck for a Pokémon and play it to your Bench as a Basic Pokémon." or something similar? That could be too powerful, but Poké Ball without the flip/Ultra Ball without the discard cost does not compete with any other Ace Spec, excluding the less successful Pokémon-specific cards... and maybe not even then in the correct deck.

About Master Ball, because it warrants more discussion of how it fails; I can come up with scenarios to allow it to compete, but all require re-releasing (and often tweaking) older cards or else brand new cards, plus there doesn't seem to be a happy medium between "junk" and "broken".

You can cherry pick a scenario where Master Ball is better than say Computer Search; this proves nothing. With the current level of draw power, it should be rare that a deck fails to have enough discard fodder for a single Computer Search. Most of the time someone will use an example where you don't have enough to meet the discard cost, ignoring that there will be many times Master Ball is unneeded; most decks will simply use an unrestricted card for Pokémon search.

Based on my own incomplete analysis I believe that Computer Search, Dowsing Machine, and Scramble Switch are at this point approximately even in overall in performance, but obviously function drastically different in decks. If you need Pokémon search, you should probably be looking at Pokémon Trader, Ultra Ball, Level Ball, or Heavy Ball depending on the actual deck. A single instance of "no discard" Pokémon search is not worth your Ace Spec slot when you can have what amounts to a wild card restricted only by discard cost and what is left in deck, a wild card for Trainers only, restricted only by needing to discard two cards and targets in your discard pile, and a powerful, game winning technique.

I know this sounds pretty dumb, as you get 3 energy and G-Booster on a Genesect, you could discard the plasma and a grass, then manually attach and Colress Machine to reuse the attack. The ability makes you not want to go that way, but it's a possibility. Not suggesting that it's BDIF or anything

Master ball would be soo much better if you could search out 2 or 3 pokemon with it, but 1 just makes it a slightly better Ultra Ball.

Anyways the ACE SPEC items for Genesect are pretty sweet. I'll personally be turning my Genesect into a Black Ballistic Kyurem, but the other one is fine too.

Back