(1) Several ‘Megalo-Cannon’ Cards Revealed, Including Three ACE SPEC Cards! [2/23]

Almost what I was expecting Master Ball to be when (not if) it got reprinted. Except more Luxury Ball limitation than Ace Spec. That was a tad disappointing.

Oh my gosh those Genesect ACE SPEC cards...
Current Genesect build
4 Genesect EX
12 Grass
4 Skyla
3 PokeDex
4 Ether
G-SPEC
~filler~

bagoly14 said:
Only thing I could see working for genesect is victini ex as a starter to get it set up and then etherdexing. The tool could work nicely for a surprise skyla KO. On the other hand there are much better ace spec cards to worry about, but who knows, tool scrapper isn't seeing a lot of play lately from what I've encountered.

The only problem is that with Victini I almost want to play Victory Piece.

Anyway, the 200 Damage one is bawler. I don't care if it gets Tool Scrappered because I just took 2 Prizes.

I can't see the 100 snipe attack for Genesect being useful at all. It already has a catcher-like ability, so you won't need that. The 200 damage blast is pretty good though, but I'm not sure if it's worth being played over other Ace Spec cards. Master Ball is just bad for being an Ace Spec.

venasour x said:
The only problem is that with Victini I almost want to play Victory Piece.

Anyway, the 200 Damage one is bawler. I don't care if it gets Tool Scrappered because I just took 2 Prizes.

True, but victory piece is not worth it because with HTL out Victini is pretty much a OHKO after turn 2...I could see people using genesect to do this...

Victini Ex start...
Energize
2 energies on Genesect
switch into genesect and attach plasma to target an ex
2 hit ko because you can attach another plamsa to switch it back into active if opponent retreated, you can play skyarrow bridge to retreat victini out if they catcher it
This makes you discard 2 energy
next turn you attach and use tool to ohko anything pretty much.

OR (this is my favorite)

turn 1, attach + etherdex + colress machine + tool = 200 ex ohko for the donk. LOL

G-scope and G-booster are Team Plasma cards, so wouldn't Shadow Triad get them back even if you opponent used Tool scrapper? Genesect could do 200 damage per turn if you can manage to use colress mashine or Ether succesfully + have a grass energy in hand. I'm happy colress mashine doesn't work with its ability thought..

4 Genesect
4 Shadow Triad
G-Booster
9 Grass
4 Plasma Energy
2 Ether
2 Dex
2 Colress Machine
4 Skyla

34 Cards

Ether, Dex and Colress Machine are for the DONK.

Videoland said:
G-scope and G-booster are Team Plasma cards, so wouldn't Shadow Triad get them back even if you opponent used Tool scrapper? Genesect could do 200 damage per turn if you can manage to use colress mashine or Ether succesfully + have a grass energy in hand. I'm happy colress mashine doesn't work with its ability thought..

*claps respectfully* I never thought of it that way.

Also, to you people complaining of tool scrapper. This isn't strong, but. SABLEYE!

Sableye is clunky in a deck like that and requires an entire turn to recover it, and Shadow Triad uses up your supporter for the turn which is a major issue in a format where drawing through your deck as quickly as possible is often the way to win.

Truthfully, ACE SPEC tools will never be good in the current format, especially with Tool Scrapper running around. The only reason I see G-booster being half-viable is because the decks using Genesect wouldn't have to rely on it; they could just drop it for a surprise 200 damage and it wouldn't really matter if it was Scrappered. It uses up your ACE SPEC though and we don't know what the format will be then, so it's impossible to say whether Genesect will be used at all. G-Scope is cool but not really useful, since you normally want to attack the active attacker in this format anyway. Master Ball is just lol, Computer Search nearly completely outclasses it.

G-Booster is decent, but there's no grass type energy acceleration yet, so there goes that idea.

G-Scope is cool, but Genesect-EX's ability acts as a free Catcher, making the 100 damage snipe useless.

Master Ball is just terrible. It's completely outclassed by Computer Search.

Tempted to play a Genesect deck! Seems good to me. That and I think Genesect is adorable. Don't judge me.

Also really getting tired of 3D Artwork. It doesn't capture as much life as actual drawing on cards. :'C

Well, here's my two cents:

G-Scope will be amazing if we get early game grass accel, like Celebi Prime of old, because you can kill all the evolving basics that aren't squirtle.
G-Booster will be good if we get late-game grass accel, i.e. Eelektrik, because you all know why.

The only reason these are good is that, with the advent of HTL/Virbank, nobody plays Scrapper anymore. We'll see if it comes back with Float Stone.

Master ball: WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN. It can get you any pokemon. Any. Pokemon. That's amazing. It'll have some stiff competition, but I expect to see this as a viable ACE SPEC choice.

Puff-Sun said:
Well, here's my two cents:

G-Scope will be amazing if we get early game grass accel, like Celebi Prime of old, because you can kill all the evolving basics that aren't squirtle.
G-Booster will be good if we get late-game grass accel, i.e. Eelektrik, because you all know why.

The only reason these are good is that, with the advent of HTL/Virbank, nobody plays Scrapper anymore. We'll see if it comes back with Float Stone.

Master ball: WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN. It can get you any pokemon. Any. Pokemon. That's amazing. It'll have some stiff competition, but I expect to see this as a viable ACE SPEC choice.

^Agreed, just needed etherdex mentioned to be a perfect post haha

Puff-Sun said:

Computer Search says hi

Keeper of Night said:
EtherDex is very unreliable, especially since you'll be using special energy with Genesect's ability.

I have a landorus/tornadus deck and I find etherdex to be quite consistent if you run enough skyla and use roserade (I use a 2-2 line). You also don't need a plasma energy to use Genesect's attack, you only attach plasma if you want to be able to use it's ability if I am correct.

I am not saying that etherdex is amazing, but it can be somewhat consistent from what I've seen in my testing. I've managed to pull off a turn one land judgement with a dark patch + energy switch, attach fighting, and ether a fighting energy. I know it's not common but it is completely possible if you run a 4-4 line with 4 skyla and 2-2 roserade (to use ether effectively i mean)

Half the point of using Genesect is because he has such a good ability, why would you not want 8 extra Catcher in your deck?
Also, not all decks have space for 4 Skyla, 4 Pokedex, 4 Ether, and 2-2 Roserade, just saying.

there's beautifly(dragons exalted) and shaymin ex for acceleration.
180px-BeautiflyDragonsExalted8.jpg

Back