(1) Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are the Fifth Generation Games! [4/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Furret said:
I guess it would. XD' But I figured it would cause some commotion for the butthurt and such.
As someone said before, let's just stop with the racist stuff and agree they are some epic names. :D

If people make a big deal out of it, it's their problem. You techincally can't do a lot of color things then without someone finding a way to make it seem racits.

Oh, your room's color is white? What, you do you have a problem with black people? Oh, you say your car is black, don't like whites?

People make too big of a deal over racism. It's not the colors that are racist, it's the people that make big deals out of the colors.

I think it's a fairly logical to have a light type, true its a bit late in the game but what is darkness without light? pokemon like Togetic are crying out to be Light type. I don't know what the moves would be, maybe a Flash that actually does damage and reduce acuracy...

They need something new to the games, new types could be introduced with new pokemon, come on at least this time round let us have a pure Flying type, enough of the generic normal/flying

Also! They need a ZEBRA pokemon for this game xD

As long as I get to keep my pokemon from gen 4. I must be able to keep all of my pokemon. There must be a way to transfer my pokemon to gen 5. Otherwise I will be absolutely OUTRAGED.

Me too, it would suck if they didn't have backwards compatibility.

The 4th and 5th gen games are both on Nintendo DS. Backward compatibility shouldn't be an issue. I could work like when the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow games connected to Gold/Silver/Crystal in that they 5th gen games have a separate trade room that only allows older pokemon, moves, and items.

I like the new names, but I never had a problem with the gems and metals. I mean, they are just names.
When we do get these games, I'll get black. Black is more metal. \m/

Well, I guess it was just a matter of time until they used Black and White. If I had to choose which game I wanted to get based only on the name, I'm completely torn between the two. Thankfully that choice won't be an issue - the version mascot will decide which game I get. xP

The logos look awesome, but the Japanese versions always do. It's too bad the English versions will probably have that blue and yellow "Pokémon" logo slapped over it with no color changes whatsoever. D:

I really can't wait to see what the future holds for these games - with white and black, should they continue to have Legendaries as the mascots, it'll be fun to see where they go with the powers they have. Of course the already-mentioned light and dark is the most appealing to me... But it'd be far more amazing if they come up with something different and more interesting, at least in my opinion.

x) I can't wait!

I would like to have some form of Pal Park system, as it would give me a reason to keep playing my cartridge games.

Lol yeh, but hopefully they don't put the Legendary on the cover - that would suck. I want it to be a surprise. Anyway, I'm really hoping that they bring in Light Type Pokemon. My bet is they will use Zorua on the Cover of Black and (if they have them) a Light Type on the cover of Light. Either Way I hyped!!

XD
Parasect Maniac~~~~

I actually would kind of like it if it was a whole new region that had only it's Pokemon in the wild, like in the original games. Bring up about 150 new Pokemon, add a bunch of trader trainers to get some select older Pokemon, and be able to trade from older games.

This is awesome. The series is returning... I can't help but think that these games will be true Pokemon games. Where Game Freak doesn't worry about what everyone else thinks. The name certainly would indicate that we will be something simpler than this giant pokemons thing they have been trying since rse. I hope they use starter evos for mascots. I hope these games truly return to the way Pokemon should be. But then again Nintendo said we might not recognise these new games. So will gen 5 take us closer to the series orgins or pull us still further away? I don't know but I can't wait to find out! ;)

Gah, the logos are so great!
I hope Game Freak gives the game an epic yet zany storyline. Kind of like Mother 3.

I think the games will do good.....hopefully. I think we can't really decide without knowing some useful information about the games.

(Gah I'm starting to get tired of all of those people saying those names are Racist... I can't go to a forum talking about those games without seing people complains. =_=)

Hopefully here's not the same. XP

Anyway, Am I the only to think legend' would be Normal and Dark type ? And not Psy and Dark type ?

(But I would love a new light type...)

Uh. Lame names. i was waiting for Pokémon Amethyst and Pokémon Aquamarine to come out. >:[

Bleh.I just hope the new Pokémon aren't random and wierd. IMO, the 4th generation was wierd enough, with Torterra, Mismagius, and others.

Nice. Simple yet has the capacity to be complex.

White - presence of light/all colors

Black - absence of light/all colors

I just hope that certain groups don't mess this up for America...

I love the names. I hope the return to simple, basic colors means the games will be like the good ol' days of R/B/Y. The whole "the names are racist" thing is uncalled for. Just goes to show some people are so desperate to complain about something that they'd take innocent video game titles and try to twist them into something evil and hateful.

I'm really hoping to have customizable trainers. I loved Kris and Leaf. May and Dawn were okay, but I don't like playing as Lyra and her giganto Toad hat.

I also hope the Pokémon still follow the player and that you can interact with the Pokémon more. Like, your Pokémon have a hunger meter like your character in the Mystery Dungeon series and will lose HP if they don't eat anything for awhile, and if you walk around in the snow or rain too long they can get sick and they lose some HP every few steps just like when they're poisoned unless you give them medicine or take them to the Pokémon Center. I think that would be neat. Personalities and characteristics should also affect more than just stats and IVs. I want my Pokémon to be more than just mindless pixels on the screen that do nothing but battle for me. I'd like them to sort of be like digital pets. That might take more data than a DS game cartridge could hold, though.

howelllawson said:
I just hope that certain groups don't mess this up for America...

I am sure they will. Some groups get offended too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back