(1) Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are the Fifth Generation Games! [4/8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dragonpokemonpwn said:
What original names. They should be chaned in the U.S. because they kinda seem ra...c...i..s...t...

Why? Because they are two traditional colors? You must be one of those people pushing for the term "Black Holes" to be changed because it is obviously racist. I mean why name a giant colorless (hence black) hole what it really is?

FuzWuz said:
I am guessing the Legendary Pokemon will be a Darkness Pokemon and a Light Pokemon.

I hope you just mean that's their description or something, because I really don't think a Light Type will be included into the games now. Psychic and Dark kinda fill that, so Dark and Light would be dumb.

I'd love if they introduced the Light type despite being a bit too late... I'd like if Black & White was something like good vs evil...

And no, the names are not racist... people are racist... racism is in people's mind, not in the name of a simple video game... think about it...

Sheogorath said:
Why? Because they are two traditional colors? You must be one of those people pushing for the term "Black Holes" to be changed because it is obviously racist. I mean why name a giant colorless (hence black) hole what it really is?
Yeah well a Blackhole is really Black so what else is there to call it? They are racist names dude and way to much originality.

DeoxysUnknownForme said:
Oh yay! Awesome! I wasn't expecting this until way later this week but whatever. I can't wait for religious extremists to start spamming forums on how Pokemon is racist because of this >_>....

It won't be religious extremists. (as some are racist themselves) It'll be the PC crowd that will throw a fit. >.>

Nonetheless, I'm surprised they went back to colors. Still, I won't care about the names as long as the games themselves are good.

Pokemon Black Version does have a nice ring to it, though. I predict we get a Yin-Yang duo this time, based on the names. Another thing I thought of is perhaps Pokemon Black will have a more darker plot? Maybe you play as a bad guy in Black, and the good guy in White? I have my doubts, but it will be quite cool if this turns out to be true.

And I already know what I'm naming the mascots...

What? Black and White. You don't think I'm racist, do you?

I'm looking forward to it, but please don't kill off 4th gen....

EDIT: And why all the commotion about Light-Types? There's no reason at all for them to exist.

Seth1789110 said:
FuzWuz said:
I am guessing the Legendary Pokemon will be a Darkness Pokemon and a Light Pokemon.

I hope you just mean that's their description or something, because I really don't think a Light Type will be included into the games now. Psychic and Dark kinda fill that, so Dark and Light would be dumb.

Yeah, no new types please. I want the same types but the Pokedex description of the legends will be that, hopefully.

And why the f*** is it on the DS? I would be able to wait at least one year for an updated game on the 3DS.

Azul said:
Pokemon Black... That name is... Not racist at all... O__O

dragonpokemonpwn said:
What original names. They should be chaned in the U.S. because they kinda seem ra...c...i..s...t...

Just saw these posts. It seems people have forgotten the definition of racist:

1. a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others

Does the name "Pokemon Black" and "Pokemon White" somehow imply that one race is superior to another? Black and White are only colors, and as words are used to describe things. The words themselves DO NOT mean or imply that one race is superior to another. Nor does "Black coffee/white coffee" or "blackboard/whiteboard" or even "black person/white person". The words black and white in those contexts are only used to describe a color of someone/something; not to imply/mean any racial prejudice.

As for name changes, what do you want them to be called? Pokemon "African-American" Version and "Caucasian American" Version? Aren't those the "correct terms" for black and white now?

Maybe it'll get renamed Pokemon Yin and Yang.
I'm hyped, really. I like how it gives a nostalgic feel.

Dang it no Mexican version

I hate the names but hopefully the game will prove its self to us.

I'd have to say that would be very stupid imo to name it Ying Yang, no offense.

White and Black are just too epic. I miss the color names. Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver... And their the best games.

mr.619 said:
I'd have to say that would be very stupid imo to name it Ying Yang, no offense.

I guess it would. XD' But I figured it would cause some commotion for the butthurt and such.
As someone said before, let's just stop with the racist stuff and agree they are some epic names. :D

_Furret said:
I guess it would. XD' But I figured it would cause some commotion for the butthurt and such.
As someone said before, let's just stop with the racist stuff and agree they are some epic names. :D
I don't see a huge problem with the names. I think the game play will hopefully prove itself to be fun.

Ice Arceus said:
I don't see a huge problem with the names. I think the game play will hopefully prove itself to be fun.

Yeah, that's all that really matters. I'd love to see another Pokewalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back