(1) November's English Set [8/15]

Yes, once in a rare, rare while, usually to fill time between the latest Japanese sets, they move some cards up early from their Japanese release, but pretty much every time they've done that has garnered an equally unfavorable reaction from players because those sets are garbage - Emerging Powers, anyone?

I was just about to mention Emerging Powers in response to your post but you preempted it apwoiefjapiofjspge

camoclone said:
There supposed to give us X and Y.

That is not an option. That is also not their fault. They can't translate cards that don't exist. :/

I think people need to be reminded that TPCi isn't the company who makes the cards. PCL (or Pokémon Card Laboratory) is, and TCPi just translates the cards.

There will be X and Y products before the year's end, most likely it's going to be those starters tins they always print. Something will be announced very soon, the next week possibly (well, the next set will certainly be this week), it may be a wee bit longer before the first X and Y products will be announced. You heard it here first.

Brave Vesperia said:
I think people need to be reminded that TPCi isn't the company who makes the cards. PCL (or Pokémon Card Laboratory) is, and TCPi just translates the cards.

Really? I've never seen much mention of PCL, I've never known what it is. Fair enough, learn something new everyday right?

D.N.A said:
There will be X and Y products before the year's end, most likely it's going to be those starters tins they always print. Something will be announced very soon, the next week possibly (well, the next set will certainly be this week), it may be a wee bit longer before the first X and Y products will be announced. You heard it here first.

Ohh I remember the Oshawott/Snivy/Tepig tins. Pulled my first ever Ultra Rare in one of them - Magnezone Prime. If it wasn't for a local shop having them on sale at the time and my nostalgia of Pokémon cards taking over, I wouldn't be playing TCG or even writing this right now!

Everyone calm down. Just because they won't be releasing the sets in sync doesn't mean the XY sets will never come out. They'll come eventually. Just not anytime soon.

Vulpix Yolk said:
The idea of America getting this set is actually just making me sick. Gothitelle is the most unhealthy, cheap, excuse for a deck the Pokémon has ever let slide. If it is reprinted, I'm going to be furious. It seems like they are just too much of cowards to actually change up the almost balanced format that they threw together. 0/10.

Goth getting a reprint is okay, there's a nice little card in the format called Virizion-EX which shuts it down.

Blui said:
Vulpix Yolk said:
The idea of America getting this set is actually just making me sick. Gothitelle is the most unhealthy, cheap, excuse for a deck the Pokémon has ever let slide. If it is reprinted, I'm going to be furious. It seems like they are just too much of cowards to actually change up the almost balanced format that they threw together. 0/10.

Goth getting a reprint is okay, there's a nice little card in the format called Virizion-EX which shuts it down.

No, it's not okay in my eyes, still. Gothitelle Accelgor is a deck that's presence creates an unhealthy play atmosphere. If you are playing against the deck, and using anything else besides Virizion, you can't do anything all game. It is unbeatable if it sets up. There is literally nothing that you can do during your turn. Having a game state being completely out of your control is ridiculous. This should be impossible, an unbreakable lock should not be an option. I'd also like to mention that Gothitelle Accelgor takes NO skill to play flawlessly, especially if you're net decking a list. It is a deck that enables technically worse players to beat anyone in the game, and that is stupid. Whether or not it is as viable, the fact that Gothitelle Accelgor is still an option makes me sick to my stomach.

I personally am crossing my fingers and hoping that the threat of Virizion-EX, and the sparsity of Tropical Beach, will scare Gothninja out of the tourney scene.

If Japan's next set isn't an X/Y set either there's always a possibility that we could just skip that set instead of this reprint set. Or sync up with that set by skipping through most of the reprints (excluding the important ones) and making the November set extra big... :/

Even if we don't sync with them, being 3 months behind Japan in the TCG isn't the end of the world. xD

^The next japanese set will be a XY set... but it won't be released until at least november or december (most likely the latter), it's just a bit later than the games... which is pretty much what happened with BW and nobody freaked out like this...

Oh okay, I blame myself for not staying posted on the matter. :p

Still no need to worry, it's not like it will be World War 3 if we don't get a simultaneous release with Japan. xD

Back