(1) November's English Set [8/15]

Here's something they COULD do:

EX Battle Boost (99 cards originally): 85 cards -- cut out the ten EX reprints (I doubt they would want to have all of them in one set, killing the sales of the older sets since the EX cards they reprinted are for the most part the "big" EX cards of their respective sets), Imakuni and Pokemon Enterprise cards. Push the Gold Reshiram and Zekrom to secret card status.

Shiny Collection: 25 cards -- to use the five full arts here as BW11's chase cards.

Everyone's Exciting Battle: 42 cards -- to pad out some of the smaller types and to add in a couple more Trainers. As unplayable as they are, they also made cards for a lot of Legendaries in this package, so that would help give the set some casual value.

Various promos.

Doing this we'd have three new Pokemon-EX: Chandelure, Excadrill and Meloetta. We'd have five, possibly six, Full Arts: Shaymin-EX, Mew-EX, Meloetta-EX, Emolga and Reshiram, as well as possibly the Pikachu BW-P Full Art. Secret rares are Gold Reshiram and Zekrom. Trainers are Fennel and Oak from Exciting Battles, Elesa from Shiny Collection, Cedric from Battle Boost and possibly the N/Team Plasma Grunt BW-P promo reprints. Will they do any of this? lol who knows.

I would really laugh if they actually made a set on their own. What frost said can very easily be true, but it would mean... Gothitelle.

I wouldn't know since I haven't actually played since March, but what other decks bedsides Gothgor is Gothitelle in that makes it so much of a threat?

As I collect more than I play now, I would not mind getting EBB for November so that I can collect the cards for their artwork that looks great compared to what gets released these days since it has what I would say a less generic look and tells a story,

Momaster12 said:
DNA said:
...Wow. It really is the same thing as no rotation.
Energy Switch was in one of the half decks, so it's possible we'll be getting it in the next set. Maybe.

Words cannot describe how much I want Energy Switch back.

I would be so happy if they reprinted Energy Switch for Cities.

Outside of that as long as I can get good cheap singles then I don't care too much... (I've given up on hardcore collecting due to a lack of money ;-; )

Frost said:

EX Battle Boost (99 cards originally): 85 cards -- cut out the ten EX reprints (I doubt they would want to have all of them in one set, killing the sales of the older sets since the EX cards they reprinted are for the most part the "big" EX cards of their respective sets), Imakuni and Pokemon Enterprise cards. Push the Gold Reshiram and Zekrom to secret card status.

Shiny Collection: 25 cards -- to use the five full arts here as BW11's chase cards.

Everyone's Exciting Battle: 42 cards -- to pad out some of the smaller types and to add in a couple more Trainers. As unplayable as they are, they also made cards for a lot of Legendaries in this package, so that would help give the set some casual value.

Various promos.

Doing this we'd have three new Pokemon-EX: Chandelure, Excadrill and Meloetta. We'd have five, possibly six, Full Arts: Shaymin-EX, Mew-EX, Meloetta-EX, Emolga and Reshiram, as well as possibly the Pikachu BW-P Full Art. Secret rares are Gold Reshiram and Zekrom. Trainers are Fennel and Oak from Exciting Battles, Elesa from Shiny Collection, Cedric from Battle Boost and possibly the N/Team Plasma Grunt BW-P promo reprints. Will they do any of this? lol who knows.

Don't forget the FA Shadow Triad from EBB.

And there's also the Mewtwo vs Genesect Deck to draw cards from...however that might be implemented into the 60 card deck that comes with the Red Genesect collection we're getting.

PokeDan23 said:
Frost said:

Various promos.

And there's also the Mewtwo vs Genesect Deck to draw cards from...however that might be implemented into the 60 card deck that comes with the Red Genesect collection we're getting.

http://www.http://google.com/.com/forums/threads/japan-ex-battle-boost-july-set.9602/page-9

FA shadow Triad is fake :<

Anyways I hope its not just mass reprints galore (though I would like Energy Switch :O)

PokeDan23 said:

That's not a real card. It was confirmed by the "source" who posted the picture of it online that it was a fake card and not actually in the set.

While I am always happy to get new cards, I am a bit disappointed that we won't get X/Y cards for a while. I guess it makes sense, though, as they'll want to promote the games as much as possible, then bring us back to generation 6 after the original hype dies down.

That was also the most disheartening thing for me to read, I couldn't care any less for this upcoming set. I am ready for XY.

What is everyone's exciting battle???

And I wish they would make shiny-shimmer collection in English, but leave the special type of holofoils the same. I think gold zekrom and reshiram should be just a FA. The enterprise and imakuni cards are awesome, they should be left as secret rares. BUT knowning TCPI, we may get none of that. Or non-holo or 'dragon vault' type holos on the shimmer collection.

Binx345 said:
What is everyone's exciting battle???

And I wish they would make shiny-shimmer collection in English, but leave the special type of holofoils the same. I think gold zekrom and reshiram should be just a FA. The enterprise and imakuni cards are awesome, they should be left as secret rares. BUT knowning TCPI, we may get none of that. Or non-holo or 'dragon vault' type holos on the shimmer collection.
They may keep imakuni, but definitely not the Enterprises as I believe it is based off of Pokemon smash, and the target audience (Kids) won't get it at all.

The idea of America getting this set is actually just making me sick. Gothitelle is the most unhealthy, cheap, excuse for a deck the Pokémon has ever let slide. If it is reprinted, I'm going to be furious. It seems like they are just too much of cowards to actually change up the almost balanced format that they threw together. 0/10.

I wonder if TPCi reads forums like this one as a feedback center for the things they do.
If they do, I hope they realise the mistake they're making, and that almost everyone here is displeased.

What the hell is TPCi supposed to do, guys? The only XY TCG product announced in Japan so far is a small Beginning Set that 1) isn't out until November itself and 2) wouldn't be big enough to serve as the first English set. So that leaves them with what options, to take these BW cards and try to pass them off as XY ones along with whatever unplayable garbage is featured in that first XY release? Yes, once in a rare, rare while, usually to fill time between the latest Japanese sets, they move some cards up early from their Japanese release, but pretty much every time they've done that has garnered an equally unfavorable reaction from players because those sets are garbage - Emerging Powers, anyone?

Releasing Battle Boost is all they can do right now, really.

Frost said:
What the hell is TPCi supposed to do, guys? The only XY TCG product announced in Japan so far is a small Beginning Set that 1) isn't out until November itself and 2) wouldn't be big enough to serve as the first English set. So that leaves them with what options, to take these BW cards and try to pass them off as XY ones along with whatever unplayable garbage is featured in that first XY release? Yes, once in a rare, rare while, usually to fill time between the latest Japanese sets, they move some cards up early from their Japanese release, but pretty much every time they've done that has garnered an equally unfavorable reaction from players because those sets are garbage - Emerging Powers, anyone?

Releasing Battle Boost is all they can do right now, really.
There supposed to give us X and Y.

Back