(1) Next Modified Next Destinies-On? [7/13]

Riskbreakers said:
Catcher is not broken. You guys just don't realize it's those stupid 180HP EXs that are ruining the format's skill rather than Catcher. So please stop saying "I wish Catcher got rotated". If I were to rank the most broken card in the format, it is going to be brokeN

You're right, N is the source of all the problems.

They give us Cobalion NVI back in EBB but they don't give us back shift gear kk...why couldn't it be the other way around?

Card Slinger J said:
At least the HGSS series was better than the BW series. More playable cards, much more deck options to choose from, and overall a much more diverse meta IMO.
I really, really hope that this is supposed to be sarcastic.

Okay so I wasn't being sarcastic, I just like the HGSS series slightly better than BW because it seemed like there was better support for Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon than there were Basics at the time. I've been wrong before so you don't need to get onto me about it. -____-

NoDice said:
Im no expert, but returning the old Rare Candy mechanics, but keeping the 1st turn no evolving rule seems like a nice compromise to me.

No. Just. No.

Teal said:
Card Slinger J said:
At least the HGSS series was better than the BW series. More playable cards, much more deck options to choose from, and overall a much more diverse meta IMO.
I really, really hope that this is supposed to be sarcastic.

I'd agree with CSJ for once. The BW-series cards are the source of all evil. BrokeN and stupid HP Basic Pokemon that actually have some worth started in this era. At least Primes were decent.

Hmm...got to say, I'm gonna join the group and say a NXD-on format is....almost the exact same as we already have?, Not terrible or anything, just the same. I mean, I'm someone who likes catcher to an extent, and personally think this format could potentially be much worse without it..but I can see why people complain about it. My problem are the giant EX 170-180 hp pokemon...and even worse, our small pool of supporters and draw support...well here is to hoping for X and Y's set to breathe life into the game!

Nah I rather have Machamp from Stormfront back in this game, that way we'll have another EX killing machine outside of bouffalant who can ko any other basic as well. Also you can keep the rare candy the way it is and this could still work.

Sounds good, although unfortunately I don't see them printing a Stage 2 Pokemon with Take Out for 1 energy attachment like Machamp SF. They don't care about the TCG as much as we do to do something like that as long as all they care about is making money off of printing more Legendaries as Big Basics while giving less and less support towards Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon. Although Cofagrigus (Six Feet Under) seems like it's one of the best Stage 2's we've gotten recently.
Riskbreakers said:
Restrict EX Pokemon to one per deck pls

Or just ban them completely but then alot of players from the Junior Division of the TCG would complain. Perhaps a better idea is make a seperate Modified format where Basic EX's are banned and the current Modified format where they aren't.

Anyone think we will get a secret rare reprint of some trainers we are loosing? I.E. SR super scoop up, hammer, etc.?

FoxKin45 said:
Anyone think we will get a secret rare reprint of some trainers we are loosing? I.E. SR super scoop up, hammer, etc.?

Pokemon Communication, please!!! T.T

Kingslayer said:
Darkrai will receive a major hit without Energy Switch. I hope for a reprint in Plasma Blast.

Exactly, not a lot is being lost except for the small tech trainers in decks that sometimes make it run.

Riskbreakers said:
Kingslayer said:
Darkrai will receive a major hit without Energy Switch. I hope for a reprint in Plasma Blast.

Darkrai getting hit is a bad thing.. why?

Because i play it and other top decks, like Blastoise and T/D/K, are not affected by this possible rotation.

I used to play Kingdra during the old format and you don't see me crying about rotations.

Darkrai is a deck that needs to get hit already. It has long overstayed its welcome.

Kingslayer said:

It will take a hit, but Darkrai is like eels...It won't go away till it's rotated.

Back