(1) Next Modified Next Destinies-On? [7/13]

And so continues the reign of catcher.... Thanks WPM! I honestly thought (And hoped) it would be DRE on

Well, that's no fun. I am hoping this is not a harbinger of the rotation, though I will not discount the possibility.
At least it's better than no rotation. I think Eelektrik needs to leave (and this is coming from a Ray-Eels player).

This is interesting.

With the Arena Cup not only the competition season 2013/2014 is rung, and the new - valid for this season -., Modified format 'can be tested for the first time to tournament conditions This means that you bring your own tournament legal Deck and most have a completed deck list here have. This is a list of the 60 cards in your deck are sorted by card type and provided with the Setbezeichnung and collector number. these sets are tournament legal (both in German and English *):

Loosely translated from google.

Welp, we don't really lose that much. Eels and Gothitelle (and Goth sucks anyway after Virizion) are the main ones.

The only thing I'm sad about losing is Energy Switch. It allows decks to be a lot more versatile, isn't broken, and actually introduces some way to outplay your opponent in a format that has problems with not enough skill.

This has to be the most meaningless rotation ever if confirmed to be true. Barely anything of value lost.

- Gothitelle
- Crushing Hammer
- Super Scoop Up
- Energy Switch
- Klinklang BW

It's unfortunate to see that we aren't going to have to change things up (at all) but the format is alright right now, so I can't really complain.

If it's NXD-on, then we're losing nothing.

Personally, I hope next format is DRX-on. If it was, then there would be no Catcher and no N, which would make for an amazing, skill-based format.

Nigel said:
Personally, I hope next format is DRX-on. If it was, then there would be no Catcher and no N, which would make for an amazing, skill-based format.

This is my heartfelt wish.

I actually don't like the loss of N. I personally hate N to no eNd, but it doesn't leave us with enough draw support.

And before someone mentions Caitlin, that isn't reliable draw.

DRX-on would still be sweet though. I'm not one to hate on catcher, but a format without it would be really interesting.

Like everybody said, nothing would be lost. Sure, gothitelle would be gone, but all the good trainers still exist. Like Nigel said his mentioned wish would make a great format.

And, Eels is a deck that is now easily outclassed.

Nigel said:
If it's NXD-on, then we're losing nothing.

To be honest, I can imagine 2014-15 format potentially being BCR-on. It was the first B2W2 set, which to me is reason enough as a sort of benchmark!

Catcher is not broken. You guys just don't realize it's those stupid 180HP EXs that are ruining the format's skill rather than Catcher. So please stop saying "I wish Catcher got rotated". If I were to rank the most broken card in the format, it is going to be brokeN

I honestly hope they don't do this. Yes we can use older versions of cards, such as, Cather, Max Potion, etc, but for newer players trying to get into the game, they may be forced to but older booster packs to try and pull these cards.

Riskbreakers said:
Catcher is not broken. You guys just don't realize it's those stupid 180HP EXs that are ruining the format's skill rather than Catcher. So please stop saying "I wish Catcher got rotated". If I were to rank the most broken card in the format, it is going to be brokeN

Agreed. Catcher is actually keeping this format in check, believe it or not. Think about how terrible a format without it would be. You couldn't Catcher up Squirtles to stop Blastoise from being put up. Also, Big Basics would be completely unstoppable. Think about this. You put 160 damage on an opponent's EX Pokémon. They retreat, and put down Mr. Mime. Now what? EXs surely lose a lot of luster from that, don't they? Let's also keep in mind that a 6+ card dependence on Genesect EX is a terrible idea, and will make the card way too expensive. The format would be awful without Pokémon Catcher, it is the secret behind what is keeping this format balanced.

It's not just Big Basics that's the problem with this format, it's that whoever's in charge of the Pokemon TCG somehow refuses to print as many good Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon as much as there are Big Basics in the current format. How come the majority of Big Basics in this format get all the great abilities, attacks, and damage output while most Stage 1 and 2 Pokemon don't get nearly as much?

There's only a few evolutions that get them like Blastoise for Deluge and Hydro Pump, Empoleon for Diving Draw and Attack Command, Hydreigon mainly for Dark Trance to use with Darkrai EX and Max Potion, Garchomp for Mach Cut with Altaria's Fight Song, and Kingdra for Dragon Vortex and Tri-Bullet but how often do those evolutions see play competitively nowadays?

And I'm not talking about that pointless gimmick with evolutions as Basic EX's like with Chandelure EX and Excadrill EX in EX Battle Boost. It's poor game design to make a Pokemon that evolves like Gengar for example into a powerful Basic just to catch up with the format when reversing the Rare Candy errata and the 1st Turn Rules would solve the problem in the first place.

Shining Armor said:
Riskbreakers said:

Agreed. Catcher is actually keeping this format in check, believe it or not. Think about how terrible a format without it would be. You couldn't Catcher up Squirtles to stop Blastoise from being put up. Also, Big Basics would be completely unstoppable. Think about this. You put 160 damage on an opponent's EX Pokémon. They retreat, and put down Mr. Mime. Now what? EXs surely lose a lot of luster from that, don't they? Let's also keep in mind that a 6+ card dependence on Genesect EX is a terrible idea, and will make the card way too expensive. The format would be awful without Pokémon Catcher, it is the secret behind what is keeping this format balanced.

Finally someone who speaks English. I salute you.

CSJ, mind you the Stage 1s and Stage 2s in this format are broken, it's just that the combination of one energy big basics + catcher that are punishing those Stage 2s. Just remove the Big basics and our format would be much better.

Back