(1) New Sword-like Pokemon, Hitotsuki [7/4]

I don't usually dislike Pokémon based on inanimate objects, but this one is just kinda...meh. Steel/Ghost is cool and all, but it's just a sword. Not much else really makes it look worth using.

It better evolve into my dream Ghost pokemon of a haunted suit of armor.
Either way though, it's nice to see this type combination confirmed on a pokemon.

edit:
Just noticed it has a darker-looking face, and another, lighter-looking face. Maybe different forms? Or just two sides of the same pokemon?
hitotsuki.jpg

don()shinobi said:
I don't usually dislike Pokémon based on inanimate objects, but this one is just kinda...meh. Steel/Ghost is cool and all, but it's just a sword. Not much else really makes it look worth using.
This.

This is the dumbest Pokémon I have ever seen. That says a lot because I pretty much like them all.

Keeper of Night said:
Just noticed it has a darker-looking face, and another, lighter-looking face. Maybe different forms? Or just two sides of the same pokemon?
hitotsuki.jpg
Nooo... it's just unsheathed in the other pic.
Momaster12 said:
This is the dumbest Pokémon I have ever seen. That says a lot because I pretty much like them all.
Oh please, nothing is worse that Cryogonal/Mewtwo.

Its nice that it unsheathe itself. Ghost/Steel is a nice typing. It seems like it would have levitate as all Pokemon that float (but Magnezone) have Levitate.

Sheathed. That makes sense.
Eh, I would have been happier if the sheath was the actual pokemon, or at least a form of it. The unsheathed version is kind of... plain.

I, for one, am VERY excited about this. Mainly about the typing, Steel/Ghost gives it 3 immunities and 8 resistances with only 2 weaknesses (1 if it has Levitate)...Fighting is the bane of Steel's existance and it won't matter to this pokemon...and I really like the idea of a Sword Pokemon that Sheathes itself...But I too hope it evolves into something wickedly awesome (but something cooler than just a haunted suit of armor)

In the sheath, it has a unique and cool look with a lot of personality and flair, I love the "teeth" and the three eyed appearance. Out of the sheath, it is a rather plain and ordinary looking sword, the single eerie eye being its only interesting physical detail.

Overall, though, it's an acceptable design for a cool, fun concept people have long asked for or made into their own fakemon. I'll still be okay with it if it doesn't evolve, but I guess I do root for a slightly more exotic-looking sword if it does.

There's also a trailer up showing the wild battle music in the Japanese YouTube channel. Not much else in it, though. Still waiting for a gameplay trailer of Hitotsuki.

I think it's cool! Like I said on the FB page, maybe it's haunted by the warrior who once wielded it? That would make this Pokemon even better IMO.

Why would you use this pokemon as a sword? Why not just stab the other pokemon yourself?

This is going to be a pretty sweet pokemon and evolutionary line.

Hopefully they get rid of the useless HM Cut and if you have this Pokemon (or perhaps a handful of other Pokemon) in your party, they can just chop down trees without having to know a specific move. I hate Cut with a passion.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Hopefully they get rid of the useless HM Cut and if you have this Pokemon (or perhaps a handful of other Pokemon) in your party, they can just chop down trees without having to know a specific move. I hate Cut with a passion.
You needed Cut once in B/W. Pretty sure you didn't need it at all in B2W2.

Also, that kind of defeats the purpose of Cut. (Unlock places that you can't access before getting the move.) Although I guess you could even surf anytime in B/W if you traded a Pokémon with it?

I dont want to sound like a Geewuner, but look at it next to Golem.... just... the style doesnt seem to fit. It just doesnt cut it as a Pokemon for me. I think I'm most disappointed by this one. By looks alone, I think this one might be my least favorite inanimate object Pokemon yet.

Back