(1) New Sword-like Pokemon, Hitotsuki [7/4]

Notice how when it is sheathed, it looks like it has an angry face, but those are merely 3 holes in the sheath (2 circles and forme below them), with the lines inside being lines visible from the blade itself.

Awesome!

Seismitoad537 said:
Teal said:
You needed Cut once in B/W. Pretty sure you didn't need it at all in B2W2.

Also, that kind of defeats the purpose of Cut. (Unlock places that you can't access before getting the move.) Although I guess you could even surf anytime in B/W if you traded a Pokémon with it?

You only need Cut in BW2 to cut down the trees in areas in the treehollow thing in White Forest.
You don't need to cut anything in White Treehollow. .__.

Mitja said:
Notice how when it is sheathed, it looks like it has an angry face, but those are merely 3 holes in the sheath (2 circles and forme below them), with the lines inside being lines visible from the blade itself.

Awesome!

Would be cool if we got somethin like Bishamon as an evolution but it might not happen.

Mitja said:

Awesome!

Didn't notice that. Clever.

Pokequaza said:
Mitja said:

Awesome!

Didn't notice that. Clever.

And then some people say gamefreak doesn't put effort into their designs O:

Awww, I love it! I've been waiting for them to show off an inanimate object Pokemon for this gen and I'm not disappointed. Looks like the offensive counterpart of Bronzor.

And Steel/Ghost typing?! Been waiting forever for that!

It would be SO much better if it could not unsheat. I would have nothing against it them. But how is a sword (with an eye) and a ghost hand a Pokémon? It's just a sword with a cool cover... wtf?

Like I already said, I absolutely hate it already, but if they name it something like Soard, then I'm just gonna die inside

Original? No. But for sure going to my party

TheKeaton said:
Like I already said, I absolutely hate it already, but if they name it something like Soard, then I'm just gonna die inside

There are plenty more Pokemon out there, no need to get depressed over just one.

I've expressed my thoughts in another thread before this was posted on the main site, and subsequently made into a thread here.
But I'll go ahead and say them again.
I think that this is one of the worst Pokemon I have ever seen in my life, include fake Pokemon.
Why would you make a Pokemon based off of a sword? Granted the idea is interesting, but if you're going to do that,
at least give it a bit more of an interesting design, besides a basic sheath and what appears to be a plasma like body for the actual sword.
The only thing I like about this is its typing.

KiKi said:
I've expressed my thoughts in another thread before this was posted on the main site, and subsequently made into a thread here.
But I'll go ahead and say them again.
I think that this is one of the worst Pokemon I have ever seen in my life, include fake Pokemon.
Why would you make a Pokemon based off of a sword? Granted the idea is interesting, but if you're going to do that,
at least give it a bit more of an interesting design, besides a basic sheath and what appears to be a plasma like body for the actual sword.
The only thing I like about this is its typing.

I agree with you, I don't like how recent pokemon designs have been so straight forward. That's digimon's shtick.

Though G1 had things like voltorb and magnemite, that was the starting board. I would expect the company to move forward with their designs instead of use them as excuses too make more blatant pokemon like this.

Geez people...

why is it so bad to have a pokemon based on a sword that looks like a sword? What did you want it to have? A colorful flower pattern and magical green wings on its back? The majority of pokemon sprites are unoriginal, deal with it, and when they are original they are trying too hard to make it unique

I understand that you don't like it, I don't like it much either, but it makes me mad when people go "my goood that design is soo ugllyyy and unoriginalll" and when it's a cute feline-like pokemon "DAAAW I WANT IT SO BAD"...

In the end, you guys are going to play it with the pokemon team you like

AdamantKaiiya said:
Geez people...

why is it so bad to have a pokemon based on a sword that looks like a sword? What did you want it to have?

It's not so much that I hate it, but it's a pretty lackadaisical design. Just a sword with a sheath, that's the issue we're having with it, as the games come out we'll have a better understanding of this pokemon's basis but a lot of us are just disappointed in the outcome of this particular steel/ ghost-type.

I, for one am seriously digging the design of this pokemon. It's a very prime looking ghost type, being a possessed floating sword and all. The concept has already been done before in other media, but the unsheathing quality of it really makes me praise it alot more.

Sky Pillar said:
AdamantKaiiya said:
Geez people...

why is it so bad to have a pokemon based on a sword that looks like a sword? What did you want it to have?

It's not so much that I hate it, but it's a pretty lackadaisical design. Just a sword with a sheath, that's the issue we're having with it, as the games come out we'll have a better understanding of this pokemon's basis but a lot of us are just disappointed in the outcome of this particular steel/ ghost-type.

And Litleo is a lion cub with a sting on its tail.
And Flabebe is a small fairy on a flower.
And Fletchling is a bird with a tail representing an arrow.
And Gogoat is a goat with grass on it.
And Pancham is a panda with a leaf on its mouth.

If we were to look deeply in their designs, we would all be disappointed in their designs.
(And mewtwo's new forme is something out of a bad trip.)

Teal said:
It would be SO much better if it could not unsheat. I would have nothing against it them. But how is a sword (with an eye) and a ghost hand a Pokémon? It's just a sword with a cool cover... wtf?

"How is a bronze mirror, bell, sarcophagus, floating lamp with arms, doll, balloon with face,....a pokemon?"

And about the sheath...its part of the pokemon. Just like Spoinks orb, Farfetch'ds stick, or Hitmonchans clothes and boxing-gloves lol.

Sky Pillar said:
AdamantKaiiya said:
Geez people...

It's not so much that I hate it, but it's a pretty lackadaisical design. Just a sword with a sheath, that's the issue we're having with it,

Did you notice the bit about it where the 2 lines on its blade are designed to look like an angry face through the holes in the sheath? I really have no idea what your standards are, but they don't seem realistic to me right now.

It reminds me of the second boss in Donkey Kong Country 2.

Here's to hoping it has an evolution.

Edit: eh I guess the only thing similar is that both are possessed swords.

AdamantKaiiya said:
Sky Pillar said:

And Litleo is a lion cub with a sting on its tail.
And Flabebe is a small fairy on a flower.
And Fletchling is a bird with a tail representing an arrow.
And Gogoat is a goat with grass on it.
And Pancham is a panda with a leaf on its mouth.

If we were to look deeply in their designs, we would all be disappointed in their designs.
(And mewtwo's new forme is something out of a bad trip.)
I'm not digging deeply into these designs, if I were I'd have much harsher criticism. Notice how I never said any of the pokemon you mentioned were great designs either, as far as you know I think all those are just as bad.

My only specific issue against this new mon is (from what we've seen) there's nothing standoutish about it. Just a sword with an eye, at least gastly has gas around him, a minor detail like that is all I'd need to differentiate it from generic sword and something possessed. Think of Cofagrigus w/o it's arms. Do you know how much diss it would have?

@Mitja
I noticed that detail but so far that's just a marking, it's not all that awe inspiring IMO, if you like it that's fine but I'm not so keen on it.

Remember we're just judging it based on what we've already seen, it could have an expansive backstory and everything, our judgments would change depending on that.

Back