(1) New English X/Y Commercial [9/17]

ECHOxLegend said:
Well really they don't have advertise to older fans because you are buying the game anyway, the reason for the younger audience was mostly because youngins' who didn't have the last decade or two to enjoy the series need to recognize. If we are talking about people that quit early on and are coming back, then this commercial isn't going to convince them to get back in.

it still work and is awesome, but just saying.

Sometimes advertising to slightly older fans makes it seem 'more cool' to younger ones. Win/Win.
Advertising solely to younger fans makes older fans feel left out. Win/Lose.

Pretty neat commercial, but I always cringe when they have real actors say lines like those (or anything overly Pokémon-related, I guess). I'm probably always going to be a fan of Pokémon commercials that just use the Pokémon and gameplay rather than those that incorporate people into them.

I remember the red and blue commercials with the bus and all the pokemon, ah the times.
I too like the cast of the commercial being older. I'm getting hyped

I saw this commercial on TV at like 6:30 am and was freaking out. This is really cool! The animation is amazing too! I wish they did more animating like that. tenouttaten

zappy800 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
I remember having to do that scene...hurt my hooves a bit jumping on those rocks. But you have to admit, that trailer made me look beyond majestic :p

Heck yeah quick question though how do you type with hooves? (real question based just on this trailer which pokemon in it do you think looks the coolest?)

I have to say, me and my emo buddy Yveltal were definetly the best looking Pokemon in that trailer, talonflame looked pretty cool, too. About the typing thing, well I am Xerneas( the most magical of them all). I have my little fairy servants do the typing for me.

Great commercial and animation. The date is getting so closeeeee.

I also like that they're adding older people. It is always so much harder to get an older fanbase of people interested in something like Pokemon, not only that, but the younger ones will always be into things no matter what as long as they think its cool. How many people do you know that weren't watching Family Guy or the Simpsons at age 13?

Just wishful thinking, but maybe they will slowly start to move Pokemon up in age a little... I mean if they can now say things like "crap" and "sucks" on CN, I don't see why Pokemon can have a little more action in their anime and games. I know this commercial probably means nothing as far as age group, but its always fun to think about it...

As far as the 3D, I was hoping for it to be in the overworld too, but eh, its no huge issue.

And now a blast from the past.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4R-wVeT9s[/video]

I liked that at least two of the actors seemed to have French accents, but not stereotypical 'HON HON HON, I AM LE FRENCH' accents

Also, even if the overworld itself might isn't 3D, that feature could be incorporated outside of battles via speech bubbles (if you've played Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, you'll know what I mean). We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Zielo said:
Great commercial and animation. The date is getting so closeeeee.

I also like that they're adding older people. It is always so much harder to get an older fanbase of people interested in something like Pokemon, not only that, but the younger ones will always be into things no matter what as long as they think its cool. How many people do you know that weren't watching Family Guy at age 13?

Just wishful thinking, but maybe they will slowly start to move Pokemon up in age a little... I mean if they can now say things like "crap" and "sucks" on CN, I don't see why Pokemon can have a little more action in their anime and games. I know this commercial probably means nothing as far as age group, but its always fun to think about it...

As far as the 3D, I was hoping for it to be in the overworld too, but eh, its no huge issue.

And now a blast from the past.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4R-wVeT9s[/video]

I actually didn't watch family guy when I was 13 because I don't watch shows I deem stupid. Anyways thanks for putting that pokemon red video up I had never seen it.

zappy800 said:
I actually didn't watch family guy when I was 13 because I don't watch shows I deem stupid. Anyways thanks for putting that pokemon red video up I had never seen it.

I edited my post to include the Simpsons now. :p But even if you didnt watch either of those, the point I was just trying to get across is that kids will always be into the "big kid" stuff. You can substitute Family Guy or the Simpsons for a lot of different things.

I appreciate the older actors, but that commercial was just...awful!
The acting was bad, the lines were cheesy...
Bleh!

EDIT: Pretty much what Xous said :3

Water Pokémon Master said:
X/Y's overworld is not 3D. It seems only battles are.

What do you mean? the demos and commercials and trailer overworlds all look 3D to me. Where is it said that the overworld is 2D?

xayshade said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
X/Y's overworld is not 3D. It seems only battles are.

What do you mean? the demos and commercials and trailer overworlds all look 3D to me. Where is it said that the overworld is 2D?

It's referring to the 3D slider 3D, not the 3D models.

Chrono said:
I appreciate the older actors, but that commercial was just...awful!
The acting was bad, the lines were cheesy...
Bleh!

EDIT: Pretty much what Xous said :3

Welp, its probably a good thing I watched it with the sound muted then. XD

Xerneas looks beautiful in 3d btw.

eShop's Japanese trailer:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TotwurUNRdI[/video]

Team Flare Grunt --> Strike a pose! xD
Customization menu *.*

Zielo said:
zappy800 said:

I edited my post to include the Simpsons now. :p But even if you didnt watch either of those, the point I was just trying to get across is that kids will always be into the "big kid" stuff. You can substitute Family Guy or the Simpsons for a lot of different things.
A book i'm reading about game design mentions this. It's true kids will always want something one age group ahead of them. thus the whiney kids playing black ops., I still prefer games that are actually fun myself

The over world looks 3d to me.
The customization menu is pretty cool, I wanna see the guy outfits.

Drokas said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TotwurUNRdI[/video]

Customization menu *.*

Now that is an ad for a videogame. Forget about wooden, stupid live action and crappy 3d, THAT is how you sell a videogame, gamefreak!

Seriously. After that trailer, I fear they might have broken pokemon games for good.

And apparently, you can get an eevee as soon as level 4, I guess they really want players to have sylveon.

Anyone remember that mystery dungeon trailer set up like the X and Y commercial? I think it was for explorers of Time and Darkness or am I the only one? (to clarify it just had real people instead of a gameplay trailer)

Drokas said:

Customization menu *.*

Some things I noticed:
1. Mega Ampharos and Mega Absol are not shown in this trailer along with the other megas. Hmmmmmmmm.....
2. There is a Sudowoodo in the hoard battle of Oorotos. Could this be the equivalent of a Miltank in the Tauros hoard battle? IS GF ACTUALLY MAKING SENSE FOR ONCE???
3. Ooroto has not been scratched from the game since he's here again.
4. What move did Marill use on Haxorus???
5. Trainer customization DOES SHOW IN OVERWORLD. YESSSS.

professorlight said:
And apparently, you can get an eevee as soon as level 4, I guess they really want players to have sylveon.

I'm going to use leafeon just to be defiant.

Japan's commercials 10x better. I hope we can ride a few more pokemon than rhyhorn and gogoat.

Back