(1) Movie 14 Goodies This Weekend + PB Contest Details [12/2]

C

C_13_Hudson

Water Pokémon Master said:

C_13_Hudson.jpg

I'm a little upset and disappointed that there are no showtime near me. The nearest showing of the movie is either up north in the Seattle area or down south in Corvallis, OR both are about 2.5 to 3 hours away. Pokemon should have picked a chain of movie theaters that had more locations and also more spread out over a larger area.

Not only would I have liked to have seen the movie, but I also would have liked to have obtained a Jumbo Victini card & find out what those 'few other leaflets' were.

Zekrom Black

Banner made by me! :D Avatar from Serebii.net!
RE: (1) Movie 14 Goodies This Weekend + PokéBeach Contest Details [12/2]

thundersin said:
I went to the AMC theater in Aventura mall Miami. The movie was awesome, but they only kept team rocket in there for tradition because they were of no importance D: Also, I found a plot hole! If in the first episode of black and white Ash saw Zekrom, than how was Zekrom locked away for a thousand years? o.o Anyways, great movie. I loved Zekrom!
I've been thinking about that since I first hear the Japanese plot. It is likely that there are more than one Zekrom. The Zekrom Ash sees in BW1 takes Pikachu's electric powers, though the one in M14 judges his ideals "worthy". It seems that the have different opinions of Ash. Also, the Zekrom in BW1 doesn't say eneything, while the one in the movie is able to speak through telepathy. Like you said, the Zekrom in M14 was in a cave for 1,000 years sleeping, so unless Ash started his journey in Unova 1,000 befor M14 during the war between the heroes of Truth and Ideals, there are more than one Zekrom. Also, Zekrom's roar in BW1 was different than in M14. Not once did they both roar the same way. The main trainer in Pokemon Re-Burst also has a Zekrom, though I'm not sure if Re-Burst follows the story of BW.

L

LatiasInLove

I saw the movie at Showplace in Hobart, Indiana, and I had a blast!! The last time Pokemon was in theaters around here was back with Pokemon the Movie 3 (I had begged my mom to go, who was oh so very confused about the Unown the whole time XD). But I digress!

I thought the movie was fantastic, and I literally shed a tear when Damon's Reshiram appeared out of the sun. <3 Reshiram was portrayed beautifully, and the CGI effects were really neat and didn't appear to just be "thrown in there," as with some of the past movies. ZEKROM'S VOICE MADE ME LOL, much to the disgust of nearby moviegoers. The plot was pretty similar to past Pokemon movies, in my opinion, but I liked how suddenly Damon and Reshiram became "evil" when they harnessed Victini's power! Team Rocket was very disappointing, but at least they were there. Kind of. Shed another tear about the whole ocean thing, but you just knew Ash would keep his promise. Good old Ashy :D BUT DRAGON FORCE?? REALLY? Innumerable jokes made to my friend about the coincidence. They really ought to replay all of the Pokemon movies, it was so fun seeing my Pokes on the big screen! :D

brim89

Aspiring Trainer

I saw the movie today at the AMC Quail Springs Mall in Oklahoma City. I and my daughter were the first in line and I had bought my tickets on line. We liked the movie and can't wait till Saturday to see the other version.

PokemasterKev

Aspiring Trainer
Greetings. Hello everyone I just wanted to share my experience of my time to see the Movie.

I went to see it at Rave Motion Pictures Ridgmar 13, at this address

Ridgmar 13

2300 Green Oaks Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116

and here is a pic of my ticket to prove it.

ticket.jpg

Now I want to start out by saying, this card,.. is my lucky Geodude Card.

luckygeodude.jpg

I once found it in a parking lot awhile back and I picked it up and I keep it in my wallet always. I thoguht it was destiny as when i first got into pokemon in 1998, Brock's Geodude was the first pokemon I started to like alot. So to me I felt it ment alot and it became my lucky card.

When I found out the movie was coming to my Theater, I was excited.. I had not seen a pokemon movie in theaters since pokemon 3 the movie. But... the list showed that only one theater was going to show it... in Fort Worth....Fort Worth is one of the largest cities in texas... I had a feeling it was going to be a nightmare. Then i found out there was only going to be one show a day... and i almost panicked.

. so I waited and when the time came I went out the friday night to buy a ticket early, asking my geodude card to let them not be sold out! It was cold and drizzly, but I'm a trainer and will do what i can!I can't let this stop me!

So off to the mall I go to ask about ticket, and thank my geodude card, they were not sold out.. I was thankful, bought a ticket for the sunday morning show and was off!

So Sunday finally arrives and I bare the even colder temperature and rain to go see the movie. I slapped on my coat, and slipped on my classic Pokemon League Expo Hat ((AKA Ash hat))

I go on in and smile seeing others buying tickets, i walked to the box office as i was told to come and ask for the free promotional pack that everyone got, since i boguht my ticket the night before, as i wait to get my pack, others are buying tickets for pokemon.. nothing else. I liked that. Went in and went to find my seat, fourth row from the top. the theater already had alot of people in it. I was surprised. Most were older fans, which made me smile. I was happy to see them and took a seat next to some older fans, a guy and his girlfriend. Saw a group of guys wearing home made Team Rocket shirts, I know these had to be the same guys I once saw back in 1999 wearing Home Made Team Rocket shirts to pokemon the first movie. Saw a woman carrying a small zoroark plushy, some kids with their DS'es. It was nice to see. Before it started, the top three rows were reserved for a birthday party, in which three rows of small kids marched in to watch it. One of the kids saw my Hat and told me he liked it! I was glad to see somone as young recognize Ash's hat, a hat he had not worn in the series since before this kid was born. It made me smile seeing pokemon fans from different generation coming together as one. This is what pokemon is all about, Fans of All ages, how it is intended to be.

Now I'm not going to say much about the movie as I do not want to spoil it for others who have not seen it. But the movie was great. Breathtaking, Beautiful, such as the time Ash and pikachu went to find Victini at the pond, their reflections on the water was stunning.

The opening theme was wonderful and one of my favorite parts, the long version of "Black and White" to go with the tournament was great. It was also awesome to finally see Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott in animation form at last!

The Story was simple, yet deep at the same time.. were a man named Damon wants to do something nice for his mother, to bring back the kingdom of old, and which he feels it is in the good, yet it brings about chaos. It's great to not have a clear cut villain for a change.

The battles were great, the humor was nice, Victini was so cute! There was also sad scenes as well. But it would not be Pokemon without a mixture of emotional events.

I have nothing bad to say about this movie, I had a wonderful time, despite some small talking during some of the more non action oriented scenes from the birthday troop behind us, and the occasional bumping into my seat :p but hey it's all good, they were all enjoying and having fun, and that my friends, is what is most important.

I really hope I am accepted for the prize pack here on pokebeach,.. I really would love to have the pokemon movie white movie poster! and I thank you in advance for everything and giving us this opportunity to enter into this contest. ~Kev

PS. Me in front of the movie poster, WPM, do you kno where we sumbit the pic mentioned on the front page?

meandposter.jpg

Oh Lucky Geodude card, please be lucky here with me with this contest!! *smiles*

~Kev

R

Rfarleydude97

So i was able to go watch the movie at clairemont town square and i got a goodie bag with a BIG Victini Card and some other stuff but anyways, the movie was awesome and the english dub voice acting wasnt bad at all, i reallly like damon's voice including carlita and janta and zekrom's voice and reshiram's voice was just as epic, i cant wait for the reshiram version next weekend.

Pokeyug

Aspiring Trainer

I saw the movie at the AMC on 34th street in NYC! I thought the movie was awesome! It's definitely my favorite Pokemon movie since Lucario. The only only problem was that my theater didn't have a gift bag or poster.

InuNaruPokeAlchemist

Aspiring Trainer
I went to see the movie at Carmike Wynnsong 12, 401 Vine St Delmont, PA 15626. I had such a great time the first day that I had to come back and see it for a second time :D. On the first day, I went with my brother and my aunt, my brother though it was fantastic, and my aunt really enjoyed it. Today I went with a few of my friends, my friend, who I'll just call Sakura, and I kept on placing Pokemon plushies on eachothers heads during the film XD she and I are such Poke-nerds XD.

After seeing this movie twice I can truly say that this had to have been one of the best Pokemon films to date. Seeing a Pokemon film on the big screen for the first time since movie 3 just felt superb! Plus all the surround sound audio really made me feel like I was right there in the movie...taking part as this tale unfolded. I found the story to be unique and quite original, the plot was pretty intricate too
Who would of thought of using Psychic Pokemon to make a castle fly o_O...oh yeah and the powers dragons, and poor Victini :( I felt so bad for it. :(
I was really impressed with the CGI effects o_O THEY WERE AMAZING! The animators really did a nice job at making look realistic, but at the same time animeish. Also the voice acting was PHENOMENAL! I consider myself a connaisseuse for voice over talents, being so I was extreamly impressed to find out that J. Michael Tatum had a major role in a Pokemon film. I can also recall that the voice of another character sounded really familier to me, I think this character
the King
was voiced by either Brice Armstrong or Jerry Russell. Most of all I just fell in love with the symphonic music. There were many moments of that film where when the music just sent chills down my spine. It's like as soon as it played, everyone in the theater went silent. That had to be one of the best music scores I've heard during a film.

Overall I had an amazing time. Seeing Pokemon on the big screen made me feel like a little kid again. I'm not sure about you guys, but to me....Pokemon just has some sort of magic to it that no matter where you are in life, no matter how old you are, it will always be there to take you back to when times were simpler. In all honesty, if you can, go and see this film and relive the magic that Pokemon has to offer.

Did I mention.....
Did I mention I got the poster XD
025.jpg

When I went to see the film today, the ticket lady told me to stop back after the movie was over. After the film I came back to where she told me to go, and she said "After talking with the manager, and since you came both days to see this film.....we are giving you the movie Poster :D!
so yes this is a picture of me in my Pikachu cosplay at the theater....holding the poster of AWESOMENESS!

DO NOT SAVE THIS PICTURE

R

Ratome

I went to see the movie over at Mayfair Mall:
Mayfair Mall 18
2500 North Mayfair Road Box M-146
Wauwatosa WI 53226

The room it was shown in was very off and hidden, but when we found it, it was amazing.
At first, I didn't think many people would show up to the screening given there was little to no advertising, but only a few minutes passed and the theater was pretty filled up.
It felt nice to finally sit in a cinema and watch a pokemon movie for once. I always dreamed about it as a little kid, but never thought it would actually happen.

I really liked the opening credits, and the soundtrack, as well as the humor. And Victini, who was just adorable.
I did feel bad for it though, seeing as it was trapped for over a thousand years.
Also, Damon didn't seem like one of the traditional villains to me. In fact, he didn't seem like one at all until after he caught Victini. I kind of liked that, rather than the so very common villains who just desire the power of a legendary to become stronger.

The voice acting was pretty good in my opinion. I loved Reshiram's voice and Zekrom's made me chuckle a bit (not what I had expected, but I still loved it too.)
At the point where Reshiram sees the chaotic dragon force back on the land, I loved how his roar seemed to change. It sounded rather sad, and so very beautiful.

All in all, I loved this movie. I think it's one of the better movies, and it definitely topped the Zoroark movie. I find it funny how since the Arceus movie was dubbed they don't seem to avoid saying the word "die" anymore.
I would have gotten a picture with a poster, but our theater didn't have any :(

sphealproductions

Aspiring Trainer

I saw this movie in Fortuna, Ca. The theater was really small and there wasn't a whole lot of people, but the people who did attend were noticeably hardcore pokemon fans. I was very satisfied with the movie/gift bag combo, it gave me a strong feeling of nostalgia from when i was 9 years old and going to see the first pokemon movie in the movie theater then receiving cool stuff there too. The movie was obviously very meticulously drawn and put together , the aesthetics of the CGI were beautiful. Although i felt like the story line lacked a major villain, victini's cuteness along with zekrom's DERP voice kept my interest throughout the movie. And lastly the inclusion on shiny hydregion was pure awesomeness.

Check out my youtube channel to see the contents of the goodie bag!!! :)

http://youtu.be/Jp07CSs37BM

W

Whimscottie

I saw the movie at the Grand 18 theatre in Winston-Salem, NC. Despite being such a big theatre, it was relatively empty for this movie. Such a shame.

As for the movie itself, there were things I really liked and things that disappointed me. As always, I'm glad to have seen the next installment in the series.

The animation has changed significantly. At first, I thought I was just imagining things, but I hardly saw any sequences that inspired me to think, "I'm sitting down and watching another PokeMon movie." I recall in the Zorua/Zoroark movie, as well as several movies in the past, the fluid movements added a lot to the charm of the PokeMon characters. I always looked forward to this, because it was something the movies exclusively expounded upon for the fandom. As cute as Victini's antics were in their nature, I just don't think the animation style pushed its cuteness as far as it should have.

However, when the Dragons were summoned and when they battled, the movie reached its peak in terms of beauty. The animation style may not have been the same as movies in the past, but it gave this movie a unique place in the series.

I'm ambivalent regarding the storyline. In one sense, I'm happy that the writers tried something creative with the "bad guy"'s motives. In another sense, it seemed to change the vibe too much, compared to what I'm used to with the other movies.

In the end, PokeMon White: Victini and Zekrom isn't necessarily my favorite in the series of movies, but it's certainly a welcome addition. Because Reshiram and Zekrom were both worked so thoroughly and so well into the story, I wonder how different the Black version of the movie will be. I look forward to discovering that next weekend!

V

Victinipearl

Saw the movie today at the Imax Howard Hughes Theater and it was soooooo cool to see it on the big screen, popcorn, the Victini card, and all! Wished there was a special event for the DS though too!!

P

Prettz

Lets say i couldnt stop laughing at certain parts of the movie.

1.Tepig vs Samurott was so hilarious.

All in all good time seeing a pokemon movie back in theaters wish everyone else could see it and it wasnt so limited. They need to give out better gifts like the first couple movies though.

Carmick 16 -Allentown, Pa

Sevus

Aspiring Trainer
I saw the movie at the AMC Theater in Quail Springs Mall in Oklahoma City.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a lot of fanfare - but then it was the second day. I did get one of the bags with the jumbo Victini and everything though.

On to the movie itself...I felt it worked fairly well, though the antagonist feels like he'll make more sense in the pursuit of ideals than he did in pursuit of truth. I also was absolutely disappointed in Team Rocket's appearance. You could have cut them completely from the movie and lost nothing.

On the other hand, I loved the animation and that you could relate to the antagonist - a theme that seems to have been carried over from the video games. I loved the battle between the legendary dragons. Most of all, I loved seeing a Pokémon movie in theaters in the first time since I went to see Pokémon 4Ever and would love to see the next installment make it to the big screen.

A

arafi8855

It should've been in 3D! There should've been way more pokemon battles or at least all of their pokemon come out!
I watched it at Broadway 16in Myrtle Beach, SC

Watched it at Broadway 16, Myrtle Beach, SC
Team rocket barely did anything! They should've done more,they just kept them there because they are always in every movie! They could've done something evil too.

arapokemaster

Pokemon Trainer of Light and Darkness

Saw At:
Rave Motion Pictures Fairfax Corner 14
11900 Palace Way, Fairfax, VA - (703) 378-6550

Went with:Mom and Dad:

First off I guess none of Virginia got the Gift Bundle?I asked them and they said they have never heard of it at that "they never send it to them":Who is "they" Pokemon U.S.A or Cinidigm?Anyways the theatre was "PACKED". Had to be around 100 people no joke!They're were allot of toddlers which I did not understand becuase you need to be able to read to play the games,and I don't think they would know anything about the plot.They're were also allot of kids under 12,especially from 6-9:allot of tweens/teens,and a few lone adults.Also for some reason a few kids brought their DS's and were expecting a Victini Giveaway at the Theatre.Also got their 5 minutes late and did not see the pre-log.

I loved the influence of both Native American and Medieval European themes in the movie.Victini was way to cute for her own good.I loved how she burped after she ate her first macaron(I was mad that they said macaron instead macaroon).I would like to point out Ash really was good is his role in this movie,he has'nt been this well developed as a character in a long time.He was a bit too protective of Victini.I felt very sorry for Victini:why did she have to live for over 1,000 years?I cried during the part when she was having the dream of all those years passing,especially when she tried holding the King's hand but he whisked away.For a little one she has allot of spunk,and she had many cute parts such as the one mentioned above,and the time at the end were she ate the last macaron and Ash hugged her so hard she chocked and her eyes turned white.

I laughed at the part when Tepig went berserk and his nose set aflame and his eyes rolled over,"TEPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG! .Also Scraggy was very funny,he kept trying tp pull his pants up during the entire film and he went a bit too berserk with power.The movie's plot was pretty well though and I liked how this time Damon was not a villiian but an Anti-Hero.The plot tied in allot with the games,and it seemed like it was based more on the games,rather then a whole new anime plot.I mean it told us the entire story of the Kingdom from the game,except for the part that Reshiram/Zekrom used to be one.The movie was pointing out that Damon is proabably the riencarnation of the King,and depending on the movie(s) Ash is either one of the Prince(s).

Reshiram and Zekrom seemed "God" tier in this movie.I don't know why but they seemed more powefull then Dialga/Palkia.The scenes where each one of the Dragons were awakened gaved a stronger sense to this "Power" and it made them seem "Divine" .I also felt sorry for Reshiram becuase he did not know that "Dragon Force" went out of wack since he was sealed in stone after that.The premice of a scattered people trying to revive there homeland was very touching,especially since Damon was confused.I also like the ending,Did anyone else notice Tornadus in the ending?

What I did not like was that all 3 of Ash's starters showed up except Snivy,and the fact that the main pokemon of the gang seemed to be Pikachu,Scraggy,Axew,and to some lower extend Pansage,and Tepig.I did not like how Iris was a "Fan-Girl" and Team Rcoker was undeeded but I guess it's tradition.Cilan's coniesseur comments were very good in the movie.I also did not like how Zekrom only had about 20 minutes of screen time.

Victini is a very caring pokemon,I hope the best for her.So many scenes in the movie made me feel so happy.Especially when Victini gave all her friends fruit,it felt so peacefull and it seemed like an ideal moment.I was almost going to cry out at the end when Victini exploded.She was a perfect partner to Ash and sacrificed so much for him.That made me feel empty that Victini supposedly died but felt so much better and happy when she finally went to the ocean,and decided to return to her friends.Both Victini's and Ash spirits were strong and I felt that Ash would indeed have gave up if it was not for Victini's courage,and cuteness.My Ideal Truth is that all Pokemon and Humans can live in harmony,and that some day Humans in the real world will turn themselves around and live in peace with the Animals instead of destroying it an wasting resources.I hope this movie teaches us all that Life,and the World we have it not to be taken for granted,or wasted.

That is my Ideal,and that is my Truth.

That felt like an essay,but this movie moved me allot so I wanted all my opinions to get out.When I cam home I hugged my Victini pokedoll and thanked her.

MouradPokemon

Aspiring Trainer

I saw the movie at
CinemaStar Mission Marketplace 13
431 College Boulevard
Oceanside, CA 92057

Hello I just went to see the movie! What I think of it well to simply it was so far the best Pokemon movie so far ! I liked how victini can dissaper by the way it loves macrons .I manly liked the movie because of victini's nature to love ash and ash's pokemon I mean first it was ash then tepig then scraggy what the hay hay it did not help iris or clilan but it helped ash ?! Also is victini immortal ? Because it was alive for over 1000 years ! 1000 years is the time he spent in the barrier ! Talk about being grounded :rolleyes: ! Funny thing after the movie it was screening The immortals ! Who gives them immortality victini !?!?!?!?!?

Half way in to the movie I was confused who was the bad guy because he was trying to do a good thing for the dragon people but while doing it he disrupted the dragon forse so does that mean he is bad or good ? My mom was mad at me because we had to wake up at 6:00 on a sunday then have a 2 hour drive just for a pokemon movie Well it was a very Awesome Pokemon movie as I said best one so far and now my mom is intrested in it now that's how awesome it is ! I can not wait for the pokemon movie that will apper on cartoon network ! FIVE STAR Movie !!!!!!:D:D

B

Beast_Snorlax

I saw this movie in Mentor, OH at the Diamond Center cinema. Pokemon the Movie: White-Victini and Zekrom was one of the better Pokemon films and being in theaters made for an awesome experience! The intro title and credits were very well timed, though I wish the title would've been more dramatic. The battles and attacks of Reshiram and Zekrom were just awesome, especially on the big screen. Overall, the film was great and so was the experience!

S

Shibalove

I saw this movie at
Rialto 6
250 East Broad Street
Westfield, NJ 07090

I thought the movie was really cute, although it can never compare to the first four Pokemon movies made. Victini was adorable however, and I thought its voice sounded a lot like Celebi's (and Reshiram's sounded like Lugia's from the second movie). It was a nice experience though, the theater was not packed at all and there were no screaming children to distract people. However, at this theater, there was no poster to take a picture in front of, and the man behind the counter almost forgot to give us the gift bundle. Either way, I thought it was overall a very enjoyable movie.

I'm a bit annoyed that the characters pronounced "macaroons" wrong, but that could have just been the whole jelly donut thing all over again. ;) The plot was pretty cool overall, and I liked Ash's connection with Zekrom. All in all, I enjoyed the movie and hope more Pokemon movies will make it to theaters.

Capistrono

Aspiring Trainer

Very sad I couldn't see this in theaters. Here is my screenshot instead!
Screenshotat2011-12-04204907.png