(1) 'Mewtwo Collection Box' in February [12/22]

Just keep the good stuff rolling in! I'm going to definetly ask for this for my birthday! The figurine looks epic! I'm also a huge fan of Jumbo Cards! Fun Fact: When your sweating your socks off in the summer, Jumbo Cards make great fans! Don't fold them or anything, just wave it back and forth! It really works! Three packs isn't too bad, but I wish that there was a Mewtwo EX in there though...:( Oh well, Its still a pretty cool box if you ask me!:D

I really love the Mewtwo EX artwork, so getting it as a jumbo is a must for me! I bought the Darkrai & Cresselia box for the same reason, awesome artwork. Jumbo cards are excellent at showcasing cool art.

Not much of a "collection". I mean, you only get one card with Mewtwo ON it! It would have been nice if they would have included a non-EX Mewtwo in this new set, as (for some odd reason) they never released a Mewtwo in the HGSS sets. :/

I'm still getting it!

Major suckage, I was hoping P!P were doing this to make MewtwoEx more accessible and prevent an essential card potentially being worth $50+. I would have bought the collection box had they included a regular MewtwoEX.

Metalizard said:
^Kyurem will already have a tin with Reshiram and Zekrom around the same time...

Unless I've missed something, it doesn't have a figure though

Why would they give you access to one of the, if not THE, best cards in the set the day that the set comes out? Now, I can see it having Mewtwo EX if it came out 6 months from now, but honestly, let's all be reasonable.

IM EXCITED! All I want that for is the mewtwo figurine! xD How awesome it will look among all my other figurines sitting on my tv stand! ^-^ HA I love mewtwo so much! It will prolly be $15-$20 at Walmart but good thing im saving my xmas money! Maybe they will make a mewtwo ex promo tin....darn me wanted that card for my deck. :/ at least I get a jumbo! I love the jumbos... ya know- the illustrators take a LOT of effort into making their art as awesome as possible with a short deadline and people dont seem to appreciate that. :( I agree with Artemis! Jumbos are great ways to show off great pokemon card art! ( I also have lots of jumbos! ) Also.... dude the battle city card has kyurem and mewtwo on it! XD I think that is wicked awesome!! More great art!

another giant pokemon card why am i not surprised see this is you i don't my hopes up because i always get shot down but i could say the following why can't they put good cards in decks or boxes because some of us have to work our butts off just to get the cards we need 105 packs later you know i thought the whole giant card thing would have died out by now but i guess i was wrong

Getting this. There may not be a legit Mewtwo EX card in there, but I love the artwork, and the jumbo will have even more detail. *_* Plus the figurine. Lovin' this.

Mewtwo EX has a full art version? I've never seen it! =OOO

No, but seriously, they haven't revealed the full art yet in English, so if they were to make a jumbo Mewtwo EX, then obviously they'd use the art that's been revealed already.

...I'm just against jumbo cards altogether and find them a waste of space. I'm more of a fan of practicality, hence why I think this tin is a bad idea.

Guys, Mewtwo EX was obviously not included as TPCi want people to buy the booster packs for the chance of getting it. I imagine that if this was released a few months later, a regular Mewtwo EX would have been included.

I want the figure anyways though. As much as I love Mewtwo, I would have preferred a Kyurem collectors box just so I can have figures of all the tao trio though.

My first reaction to seeing this was: "whaaa!" Being that Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon, I must have this :D

This is just stupid. Why would you make a collector's box showing off one of the most sought-after cards in the game (currently 50 dollars on TnT preorders) and not even include that card? T_T

Business-wise I can understand it, since it encourages people to buy the boosters, but now nobody who plays competitively is going to buy this. Although they've proven time and time again they don't really care about the competitive market, and the general reaction in this thread only proves they don't need to lol. Oh well.

Celebi23 said:
Although they've proven time and time again they don't really care about the competitive market, and the general reaction in this thread only proves they don't need to lol. Oh well.
*coughreshiramzekromreprint#5cough*

I think if TPCi actually bothered to take the wishes of the competitors into mind more often (and I don't mean one-offs like the Yanmega tin, nor do I include the WC decks because that encourages the shameful practice of netdecking), I think they'd find they might have a lot more money coming their way.

As long as they don't care, I see no reason to financially support them.

I hope the ex's in these sets aren't nearly as rare and hard to find as they were during the R/S/E era or they'll be nearly impossible for collectors to get unless they can shell out the cash.

Is anyone really surprised that they're releasing a Mewtwo box and not including a Mewtwo ex? It would have been neat if it included some sort of promo Mewtwo.

Back