(1) Meloetta Distribution at Gamestop in March! [2/1]

Yeah, I don't like how TPCi has been kind of stingy with events this gen, I mean we missed the Shiny Hydreigon/Golurk event for the 14th movie and got Reshiram/Zekrom late, they skipped the Black Rayquaza event for Pokemon Conquest, and now this.

Bolt the Cat said:
Yeah, I don't like how TPCi has been kind of stingy with events this gen, I mean we missed the Shiny Hydreigon/Golurk event for the 14th movie and got Reshiram/Zekrom late, they skipped the Black Rayquaza event for Pokemon Conquest, and now this.

Amen to that, brother.
...And now I go to judge my Plasma Storm prerelease, because I really need to get all this steam to dissipate.

Bolt the Cat said:

What about the V-Create Rayquaza? Hell! We Had that same kinda vote over the summer where Mew won and all we got were a shitty GIF, a wallpaper (which could have looked A LOT cooler, but I'm still using it anyway as Mew is my all time favorite) and a T-Shirt! There should have been a Mew with V-Create Download!

I think I'll leave the Earl of Lemon Grab describe how I feel about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

DNA said:
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
It's mostly because their marketing division is filled with idiots. At least, that is what I firmly believe, given all the terrible choices they make.
So we get things later than normal, but eventually, we still get them. Even so, that's quite a while to wait - for Boundaries Crossed, we had to wait 3 months for the cards that were swapped out. City Championships and Regionals happened between then. Things would have been a lot different, and potentially a lot better, if TPCi didn't hold back Ether and the like. In my area, Boundaries Crossed prereleases marked an all-time low for attendance - not only because of the held back cards, but also the increased cost of prereleases (25 to 30) due to reduced compensation to TOs.

Ever since BW, TPCi has just been making a string of bad decisions, one after the other, seemingly without stop, and honestly I don't see any sign of that improving. However, if you do think it's improving, please point out some instances to me - I'd like to remain optimistic about what TPCi does, but lately I have found myself unable to do that. I remained hopeful that we'd be getting Meloetta before December 2012 was up; I didn't mind that it might be out of order. But no, they did not reverse the order - they skipped Meloetta entirely and moved her to next year, after ANOTHER Keldeo distribution (and most likely before the 2nd Genesect distribution).

I am tired of people like you snapping back at me every time I get annoyed or irritated at something. I have the right to express my opinion, but you act like being angry at something that I feel could have gone down better is something to be decried. It happened a few months back with me expressing my dislike of remakes, and now it's happening again. It isn't cute; it isn't funny; it isn't something that amuses me in any way. It's perfectly acceptable to dislike something; stop acting like it isn't!

I am SO glad to know I'm not the ONLY person pissed at them for all of this. And don't even get me started about how their dub for the anime still sucks after 6 years and how their theme songs are all uninspired pieces of garbage which don't hold a candle to the original Japanese songs. (Which they used to when the anime first started out under here, 4Kids maybe be the devil and butcher anime, but they USED to be able to make some damn good catchy theme songs.)

OH well, here's hoping since we're ALL getting X and Y at the same time that ALL of the stupid BS we've had to put up with outside of Japan will be non-existent, or at the VERY least, mitigated.

DNA said:
It's perfectly acceptable to dislike something; stop acting like it isn't!

It's also ok for me to disagree with your opinion as well. Its an open forum, anything you post is up for discussion. We'll agree to disagree. No essays or raging emotions necessary.

Its about time waited forever for this.Wish they they didnt skip out on us for the Movie event and Thundurus and tornadus

AnUnown said:
It's also ok for me to disagree with your opinion as well. Its an open forum, anything you post is up for discussion. We'll agree to disagree. No essays or raging emotions necessary.

Uhh.... The following may be the reason WHY there was an "essay" *coughs lightly*

AnUnown said:
"Uneducated"? Educate me then. Where was it outlined that you were "supposed" to get this four months ago?

AnUnown said:
Educate me then.

You're surprised then that he wrote an essay? Yes, we are not authorized to make demands of TPCi however I think that if we are dumping as much money as we are it's hardly unreasonable to make suggestions or have expectations. But with the dawn of X and Y I can see even the TCG problem getting quickly fixed we're already getting sets relatively fast.

Because of said bad decisions, I'm glad I didnt blow too much money for pre-release (sending someone to go instead of both me and the other person going) when Boundaries Crossed came out. I hope they figure it out in time to make the next sets synch better with the Japanese releases.

Anyways on the topic of DS events I really wanted that black rayquaza D: wtf I did have some sort of expectation tacked to that one as we did get the game in the US. I can sort of see why not on the movie ones cause the movies weren't nearly as popular to hold in the US as Japan but I see no excuse for certain other events. Perhaps they were too wound up in the VGC organization this year for the wifi tournies...? I don't know.

Now I have to wait and see if the event will also happen in Europe, specially in my country. I prefer Wi-fi events, those are garanteed for me to get them, live events, not so much. I don't know if they will distribute Meloetta here and if it's also in a store, then, there I go again, picking an event pokémon while trying to not draw much attention from the rest of the people there cause I'm the only one up in there for that specific thing and I'm 20+ years old. (Happened with the Keldeo event). Wi-fi would also make it easier for me to download Meloetta for all my 4 games...

Yeah, regarding the events and stuff... Those guys at TPCi are obvious idiots. There's just so many stuff we don't get here in the West that the Japanese guys have, it's infuriating... They released Pokémon Conquest but "forgot" about the shiny Rayquaza event for the games and the Rayquaza promo card reprint that tied with the game. Not V-Create Rayquaza for us here too (Sure, it was a poll but like someone already said, they also made that poll here, but for what? Absolutely nothing relevant, it's ridiculous), plus it would fit well with the release of Dragons Exalted. No shiny Golurk/Hydreigon from the movies. No Extremespeed Pikachu. No Kyogre or Groudon for those who didn't get one or neither of them from the older games. Not to mention the ton of DW stuff the japanese have that never gets here or is made available much more later... The cool Pokédex skins? nope... They decided to release the Sinnoh starters with hidden abilities (sadly, only through serial codes which is also another annoying thing that I hate) after so much time, that now I wonder if they will also release the others (Hoenn and Kanto starters) or if they just felt like doing it... Plus all the TCG promos we never get because they release some of them so late after their original release that they end up with tons of promos still unreleased and simply ignore them...

Getting this event Meloetta now make me wonder if we are able to transfer it over once Pokemon X/Y is released? :(

Squidtepig said:
Getting this event Meloetta now make me wonder if we are able to transfer it over once Pokemon X/Y is released? :(

Probably through some sort of palpark-esque method.

SoulSilver said:
Squidtepig said:

Will probably just be an upgraded Pokeshifter that can move items as well since there's no reason to exclude them this time around as you can't attach TM/HMs in Black/White.

Setosama said:
SoulSilver said:

Will probably just be an upgraded Pokeshifter that can move items as well since there's no reason to exclude them this time around as you can't attach TM/HMs in Black/White.

That would be nice being able to move items over in one fell swoop! but knowing Gamefreak they will make us collect everything over again which I don't mind with all the up-grades that GF are doing with this new generation of Pokemon! ^_^

Still, I would like to be sure that I will be able to transfer my Pokes to 6 gen with ease but we will see within the next few months.

Squidtepig said:
Setosama said:

That would be nice being able to move items over in one fell swoop! but knowing Gamefreak they will make us collect everything over again which I don't mind with all the up-grades that GF are doing with this new generation of Pokemon! ^_^

Still, I would like to be sure that I will be able to transfer my Pokes to 6 gen with ease but we will see within the next few months.

Well, look at it this way:

We were able to move items up between RSEFLGR and DPPHGSS. Items we could attach included ANYTHING in the first pocket (healing items, in-battle items, hold only items, ect.), Balls, TM's (because you could attach them to pokemon) and Berries. In the generation shift, the first 50 TMs were the same and they just added more onto them. However, between DPPHGSS and BWB2W2, Gamefreak decided that TM's did not break down after use and could be used over and over multiple times. Since Gamefreak didn't want a problem produced from players trying to move up older TMs that were not in the list in BW, not to mention TMs worked differently than they did in past generations, Gamefreak made it so the Pokeshifter could not support held items.

Assuming that X and Y use a similar backpack structure to the Black and White we can also assume that there is NO reason to hold back held items this time around as the TMs will have repeated uses as they do now and cannot be held by Pokemon anymore. Yes that is assuming quite a lot, but the TM function changing is the only reason I found to warrant implementing the no held item on transferred Pokemon rule to the game.

Also, not sure if anybody is aware but PUSA is now 4 days late delivering the news to the world we found out on Friday XD: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_blackwhite2_meloetta_distribution-2013-02-04/

Seriously, I can't imagine what is going through the minds of the people in PUSA responsible for holding these events. Gen V has been treated SO piss poorly compared to Gen IV AND Japan (in comparison of events, and Japan had the tsunami and loads of other problems and they still got like 20x more events than we did) it's a wonder how we even got the games in the first place as fast as we did. I fear for X and Y over here, simply because unless PUSA steps up their game I fear those games will get the same shitty treatment the Black and White era received. :(

P. S. Sorry for the double post guys, thought it would merge but even though it didn't I think this news merits a new post anyways.

Bolt the Cat said:
And there's still a Typing game that has yet to be released in America, but is already out in Europe, Japan, and Australia.

DNA said:
AnUnown said:
Aside from that, I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about what took so long? It's here, stop complaining.

This response sounds really uneducated. Would you not be frustrated at getting something now that you should have gotten four months ago?

Well, it'll be five months. Since the event doesn't begin until next month.

Setosama said:
Squidtepig said:

We were able to move items up between RSEFLGR and DPPHGSS. Items we could attach included ANYTHING in the first pocket (healing items, in-battle items, hold only items, ect.), Balls, TM's (because you could attach them to pokemon) and Berries. In the generation shift, the first 50 TMs were the same and they just added more onto them. However, between DPPHGSS and BWB2W2, Gamefreak decided that TM's did not break down after use and could be used over and over multiple times. Since Gamefreak didn't want a problem produced from players trying to move up older TMs that were not in the list in BW, not to mention TMs worked differently than they did in past generations, Gamefreak made it so the Pokeshifter could not support held items.

Assuming that X and Y use a similar backpack structure to the Black and White we can also assume that there is NO reason to hold back held items this time around as the TMs will have repeated uses as they do now and cannot be held by Pokemon anymore. Yes that is assuming quite a lot, but the TM function changing is the only reason I found to warrant implementing the no held item on transferred Pokemon rule to the game.

There may be other reasons for them not to allow transferring items to future games, though. For instance, if they decide not to reuse certain items in 6th gen (like if they decided not to allow you to get Casteliacones in 6th gen).

Bolt the Cat said:
Setosama said:

There may be other reasons for them not to allow transferring items to future games, though. For instance, if they decide not to reuse certain items in 6th gen (like if they decided not to allow you to get Casteliacones in 6th gen).

I could be wrong, I've never been to France, but I'm pretty sure they do have ice cream shops over there. It's possible that they could not program certain items into X and Y, but given various complaints from fans about the Pokeshifter and Ruby and Sapphire I highly doubt they'd pull the same thing with X and Y.

They programmed items in BW that are from previous gens that can't even be used in BW... same for gen 4 with items from gen 3...

Setosama said:
Bolt the Cat said:

I could be wrong, I've never been to France, but I'm pretty sure they do have ice cream shops over there. It's possible that they could not program certain items into X and Y, but given various complaints from fans about the Pokeshifter and Ruby and Sapphire I highly doubt they'd pull the same thing with X and Y.

It's just an example, I doubt they'll remove Casteliacones from the game since pretty much all of the other food related items have stayed since their creation (Lava Cookies, Old Gateau, the only one that hasn't is Ragecandybar). I'm just saying, what if they remove an item from X and Y, then they have a reason to block you from transferring items.

Back