(1) Meloetta Distribution at Gamestop in March! [2/1]

TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH!!!! What a great early birthday present to FINALLY be able to pick one of these babies up! AND Complete the Unova Pokedex. (was holding off picking up my Genesect until she was finally released)

Seriously, I thought they were gonna give us the shaft with this one like with Celebi back in GSC. Now I'm just hoping they don't pull the shaft with some other downloads for Black and White like a couple of others I wanted these past 2 years. (Shiny Golurk and Event Thunderus since I play Black Version. GOD that pisses me off because that means I have to either get lucky with a trade or buy my own copy of White to get a competitive one! The Dream Radar doesn't count as it doesn't have Prankster.)

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
What on planet earth I hate having to go all the way to GameStop, why couldn't it have been on Wi-Fi, I mean not everyone lives next to a GameStop.

Or desires to deal with their staff.

What on planet earth I hate having to go all the way to GameStop, why couldn't it have been on Wi-Fi, I mean not everyone lives next to a GameStop.

Probably because Gamestop paid them to get people into their stores.

Well finally. I'm happy. Gamestop is alright. But why didn't they just do it right after the GameStop Keldeo?

Not everyone has Wifi. Just be glad America is finally getting it. If you have Wifi and don't feel like going to gamestop then trade.

Good think a friend of mine already gave me the official Japanese Meloetta. I so much hate these Gamestop events... mostly because they're about 10.000 km from where I live.

Well, I'll just bring both my Black and Black 2 so I can get 2 at Gamestop. I live about 15-20 minutes away from one, so this isn't a problem for me.

FREAKING FINALLY

...seriously, what took them so long? Why did we get gypped out of it last year, skipping right to Genesect? There's no excuse for TPCi not giving us the generic Meloetta event last year. It could have been right before (or right after) BW2 came out, but no, we got Genesect instead.

Nothing against Genesect, of course, but seriously, why? I'm happy and angry at the same time: happy that we're getting Meloetta, angry that we're getting her so late.

Purim said:
Am I the only one who noticed that the picture says "Meleotta" Distribution?

Add to that, it say "While supplies last"... Yeah, because a digital event requires inventory.

Aside from that, I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about what took so long? It's here, stop complaining.

AnUnown said:
Aside from that, I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about what took so long? It's here, stop complaining.

This response sounds really uneducated. Would you not be frustrated at getting something now that you should have gotten four months ago?

DNA said:
AnUnown said:

This response sounds really uneducated. Would you not be frustrated at getting something now that you should have gotten four months ago?

"Uneducated"? Educate me then. Where was it outlined that you were "supposed" to get this four months ago? It's like with the BCR cards that ended up in Plasma Storm. There's no guarantee things make it to the USA exactly how they were in Japan. Some things we don't even get at all.

So, they reversed the order... You still got it right? And then we get paragraphs of TPCi bashing because they didn't do it when it was expected. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
It's mostly because their marketing division is filled with idiots. At least, that is what I firmly believe, given all the terrible choices they make.
So we get things later than normal, but eventually, we still get them. Even so, that's quite a while to wait - for Boundaries Crossed, we had to wait 3 months for the cards that were swapped out. City Championships and Regionals happened between then. Things would have been a lot different, and potentially a lot better, if TPCi didn't hold back Ether and the like. In my area, Boundaries Crossed prereleases marked an all-time low for attendance - not only because of the held back cards, but also the increased cost of prereleases (25 to 30) due to reduced compensation to TOs.

Ever since BW, TPCi has just been making a string of bad decisions, one after the other, seemingly without stop, and honestly I don't see any sign of that improving. However, if you do think it's improving, please point out some instances to me - I'd like to remain optimistic about what TPCi does, but lately I have found myself unable to do that. I remained hopeful that we'd be getting Meloetta before December 2012 was up; I didn't mind that it might be out of order. But no, they did not reverse the order - they skipped Meloetta entirely and moved her to next year, after ANOTHER Keldeo distribution (and most likely before the 2nd Genesect distribution).

I am tired of people like you snapping back at me every time I get annoyed or irritated at something. I have the right to express my opinion, but you act like being angry at something that I feel could have gone down better is something to be decried. It happened a few months back with me expressing my dislike of remakes, and now it's happening again. It isn't cute; it isn't funny; it isn't something that amuses me in any way. It's perfectly acceptable to dislike something; stop acting like it isn't!

Back