(1) Leaked 'Black' and 'White' Pokemon Information [9/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like someone said, he'll be back. He will also be saying something like: "lol omgz! Teh dark/dragon hydra is so kool! Yea I know this waz totaly rel!"

To stay on topic: I hope the fire/bug is an ant. FIRE ANT FTW!

Yes we can actually discuss the list without a fake or not debate.

Pros
-Centipede Pokemon (just seems cool)
-Shinima has an evo
-New type combinations

Cons
-There isn't an anteater (I've wanted one for like ever)

Yeah, I think we should all calm down. There's no reason to leave the site or start hating on Pokémon and its creators or anything crazy. I really don't think this list is real and if it is I'm rather disappointed in it at the moment, but once I see actual official artwork for these Pokémon it might not be as bad as it seems. Really though, until things are confirmed in Coro Coro or the games themselves, I think we should approach anything else as being rumors, no matter how well detailed those rumors may be.

And I'm now zipping it because I don't want to get in trouble. Plus, this thread is probably getting locked.

Oh yeah, missed the fire/bug before. Sounds cool, can't wait to see what it looks like.

My biggest surprise probably was that Gear has two evos while shimama only has one. I wonder how that'll go for Gear.

What would they even call the evos? Gear2 and Gear3? :3

An Ice/Dragon type legendary Pokemon!?! Finally I have been waiting for that combo to actually make an appearance in the games. Hopefully that part of the information will be confirmed. I would really love to see how they have come up with the design of that Pokemon.

There are no evolutions or pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon in this generation, meaning Mamanbou is not Luvdisc's evolution (tragic!). This is the first generation without any Pokemon ties to previous generations.
Haha. (Had to get that out)

This really gets me excited for next Saturday (when the games are released and everything is leaked online). The leaf insect Pokémon seems pretty awesome, hopefully an alternate form (Winter) will be a stick bug.

I hope the official art looks better than the fan art.

Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, and Fighting/Dark are pretty awesome new types.

The typing of the Pokémon seems fair; 7 poison and ice. It seems fair.

Ice type for the tird legendary makes sence, because coldness is the ausence of energy (fire and eletricity are kinds of energy)
+ I always wanted an ice/dragon..so cool (no pun intended)

Let's put all side-topics aside. We've already had waaay too much spam in this thread.

To promote some intelligent discussion, what do you guys think the logic is behind Gamefreak and Nintendo's choice to change so many aspects of the game? They seem to really be branching out with this new generation. Perhaps they're targeting a new audience, or plan to completely change the concepts of the games? All of this would be assuming the info is real, which WPM stated it was.

I personally think they are trying to apply a bunch of new concepts to the games, to keep the games fresh. I think they want a new feel to the games, and want people to explore and learn the new features and aspects, rather than the same things we come to expect in every game.

@Julia, Im fine with whatever. Cant please everyone. On the new audience, this is a far away region after all. So maybe the designs reflect that.

I think these games will have a more historic viewpoint than others, what with the knight-esque Team Plasma stealing the skeleton of some dragon. I hope the storyline has a lot more depth this time around with different choices you can make throughout possibly. It would be a nice touch to the game itself, IMO.

I think they're pressing a big reset button similarly to the 3rd generation to make the games appealing to both new and old players. Plus they have a more inexperienced staff this time around (not that that's bad) so they have new approaches, new ideas, and different interests.

Probably they are trying to make the games fresh and also in some way they want to make it feel like a new start for the franchise by making it like the first generation,another thing that i like and that probably is reflected in the designs is the visit to the zoo and aquarium and i some way it is like Satoshi Tajiri`s first inspiration that was capturing bugs and other small creatures

I wonder at how much surf will hav to be used outside oof battle. With all those bridges, perhaps surf will be less used outside of caves (although there was that quick shot in a recent video showing the boy character surfing in rapid water).

I think Gamefreak is really getting down, and trying to give us a very realistic, yet interesting adventure. By starting from the very beginning (route 1, pokemon number 001), it's like all of us are also starting out our very own adventure. Which I really, really love. Gamefreak probably wants to target anyone they can. They know they have die hard pokemon fans like us, but other people who may have never played a pokemon game in their life, can start from scratch, not having to know what types are super effective on what, what evolves from what, or what region is something from, and that's most likely the reason why all the new pokemon are going to be strictly new. Which I think, is going to bring some people back to their Blue/Red roots.

It should be loads of fun, and hopefully adding different quests for each of the legendaries will add some more plot to the story. I can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

If anything it sounds like these are pretty much real, and other then that I am in no way disappointed, if they are, then they're pretty great.

I don't know where to begin, so I'll just list some stuff; might as well do the same as Mew.
Pros-
  • Kurumiru being a stick insect, also a centipede as the new beedrill
  • Hermit crab
  • Basaurao having a blue forme
  • Meguroko in two stage evolution, should be incredible.
  • Gear evolutions
  • Biggest thing for me ever; could be my favorite pokemon period- a Hydra. I always wanted one, and now its a pseudo legend, and blue/black, which are my favorite colours. Plus, its a freaking hydra.
  • Third legendary being part ice.
  • Bug/steel event legendary, it sounds amazing.
Cons-
  • Not many fish as it appears
  • Hihidrauma's alternate forme
  • Ordering
  • Luvdisc not getting an evolution
  • No split evolutions
  • Lack of official art

I wonder what the rest are.

But Luvdisc evo has been officially revealed.
They don't just make a major change without telling anyone at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back