(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

SkullHydra said:
I present to you all, my top tier drawing of Inkay and Malimar:

ae03tx.jpg

Ah, a double meaning to Inkay , Inkay, looks like ink in a jar, and becomes Malmar when it it turned.

Where did that come from? Interesting concept and all but the whole combination thing kind of reminds me of the fusions in BW2, which I would much rather not repeat...

AdamLambert said:
Xerneas is the embodiment of good. Yveltal is the embodiment of evil

In Pokemon X, the team seeks to destroy Yveltal, thus ending evil. They have good intentions. However, the team fails to realize that by eliminating evil, all that is left is good, and thus, free will ceases to exist. In Pokemon Y, the team seeks to destroy Xerneas, thus ending good. They have evil intentions. This brings up the same issue. In Pokemon Z, both teams attempt to capture Zilphyx, the embodiment of Free Will, in order to genetically alter it with a DNA sample from Xerneas/Yveltal that they obtained a year ago. (Z takes place one year after X/Y) The plan is to bind Zilphyx with good/evil, thus ending free will. Both teams are quite aware of what they are doing, but are still determined. However, the player stops them. Professor Patrice alters the DNA samples from Xerneas/Yveltal so that it will not bind Zilphyx with good/evil, but will instead raise its Sp. Atk if combined with Xerneas' DNA or raise Zilphyx's Attack if combined with Yveltal's DNA. Zilphyx has a slot similar to a battery compartment that the DNA is inserted in.
This is actually a really interesting concept that I would love to see.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Inkay/Malimar NEED to be octopi/squid Pokémon.
I'm sure they will me.

Inkay = Ink +... idk.. but yeah, ink!

Malimar = (maybe) Malice + Kalimari

Been wanting a psychic squid for a loooong time... SO happy :3

AdamLambert said:
Xerneas is the embodiment of good. Yveltal is the embodiment of evil

In Pokemon X, the team seeks to destroy Yveltal, thus ending evil. They have good intentions. However, the team fails to realize that by eliminating evil, all that is left is good, and thus, free will ceases to exist. In Pokemon Y, the team seeks to destroy Xerneas, thus ending good. They have evil intentions. This brings up the same issue. In Pokemon Z, both teams attempt to capture Zilphyx, the embodiment of Free Will, in order to genetically alter it with a DNA sample from Xerneas/Yveltal that they obtained a year ago. (Z takes place one year after X/Y) The plan is to bind Zilphyx with good/evil, thus ending free will. Both teams are quite aware of what they are doing, but are still determined. However, the player stops them. Professor Patrice alters the DNA samples from Xerneas/Yveltal so that it will not bind Zilphyx with good/evil, but will instead raise its Sp. Atk if combined with Xerneas' DNA or raise Zilphyx's Attack if combined with Yveltal's DNA. Zilphyx has a slot similar to a battery compartment that the DNA is inserted in.

Huh, interesting... I really like having to stop the team trying to eliminate evil, that would be a really cool concept, though I doubt Gamefreak would be that ballsy.

draining kiss( which sounds very sick) and the electric drain (forgot the name) ..

I think they are trying to give all types their own giga drain/drain punch move

we might see more moves ike that for more types , at least i hope so :)

scattered mind said:
draining kiss( which sounds very sick) and the electric drain (forgot the name) ..

I think they are trying to give all types their own giga drain/drain punch move

we might see more moves ike that for more types , at least i hope so :)

If Draining Kiss actually drains 100% of the damage it does AND has a high PP then I can see it be really good on some kind of bulk up fairy set ala Drain Punch Bulk up Conkeldurr.

Oh and the electric draining move is called Parabolic Charge, but it may only be learned by Helopitile, no one knows yet.

PP of DK will be 5-10 I think
Which makes me wonder if we are going to see our pokemon getting tired while having low PP/HP and not just a red bar

I mean , they put so much effort in animation of the player sits on a bench so why not put that effort on the little things during the main part of the game - the poke battles:)

scattered mind said:
PP of DK will be 5-10 I think
Which makes me wonder if we are going to see our pokemon getting tired while having low PP/HP and not just a red bar

I mean , they put so much effort in animation of the player sits on a bench so why not put that effort on the little things during the main part of the game - the poke battles:)
That's a very good hypothesis, but I don't think I would like for the bar to disappear.
If I need to switch out my Pokemon so that it doesn't faint, I wouldn't be able to do so.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'm going to start to hand out warnings if you guys continue to go off topic.

Sorry. Back on topic. I don't like the idea of Patrice. Why couldn't they go with Cycad or something?

AdamLambert said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
I'm going to start to hand out warnings if you guys continue to go off topic.

Sorry. Back on topic. I don't like the idea of Patrice. Why couldn't they go with Cycad or something?

Well apparently there's more than one prof. The other one being Sycamore, so maybe Patrice has a good explanation as to why his/her name is different.

Explain Patrice!

Thief said:
AdamLambert said:

Well apparently there's more than one prof. The other one being Sycamore, so maybe Patrice has a good explanation as to why his/her name is different.

Explain Patrice!

I recall wpm saying that one possible explanation could be hat Patrice actually sounds like pa - 'trees',w hich would still not be the name of a tree, but at least it would have tree in it :D

Nightingirle said:
Thief said:

Explain Patrice!

I recall wpm saying that one possible explanation could be hat Patrice actually sounds like pa - 'trees',w hich would still not be the name of a tree, but at least it would have tree in it :D

Or she could possibly be Sycamore's apprentice or something, and she gives you the starters in place of Sycamore, but Sycamore talks at the beginning of the game and such.

I saw that uploaded to Gyazo yesterday. (Read from bottom to top, obviously.)

Back