(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr evolves into Meowstick. (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
"Meowstick"
hahahahahahahaha

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
If this ends up being correct, I'd actually like to see it. Inkay sounds somewhat similar to Inca, so maybe it's possible it turns upside-down when it evolves...? But turning your 3DS upside-down is really easy, so there's got to be some kind of trade-off here.

In case you missed the correction from the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
Just like I was hoping. I'm immensely pleased.

Thanks WPM!

It seems that there's not too much else. I do have to say that I'd love if the whole "turning 3DS thing upside-down" was real though. Interactive and fun!

Also the Mewtwo forme stuff seems awesome. Would it be possible to clarify what you mean by the first or second one though? Like which one has already been revealed?

These new evolution methods are very strange. Lol.

How would we have guessed turning the 3ds upside down on our own?

Very excited to see Mewtwo's second form! I'm sure e one already shown is the one that resembles Mewtwo.
It's interesting though, because on the site where Mewtwo is, it shows a Mew in the slideshow. I thought it was strange even though it stated Mewtwo was a clone, because it was more-so random.
Excited!

I hope pokemon smash reveals one of these things or just something new entirely.

Glad to be getting more catlike Pokemon! :p

AND YAY, THERES OUR TREE PROFESSOR!

I think about my favorite part of this info, though, is that unique method of evolution... I really hope to see more things like that, its very different. :p

Also interested to see the alternate Mewtwo form, especially knowing its more Mew-like.

Of course, this is assuming its all true, which at this point im thinking it probably is.

There's an accelerometer in DS's? I highly doubt that that evolution method is correct.

The holding-the-3DS-upside-down evolution method is intriguing, but wouldn't you be able to do it as soon as you got the Pokemon if you knew that's how you evolve it? You can evolve certain Pokemon with Evolution Stones and trade items really quick but you have to actually obtain those items first. This seems a tad broken, unless there's a level requirement in addition to it.

SheNinja said:
There's an accelerometer in DS's? I highly doubt that that evolution method is correct.

The 3DS. It keeps tracks of steps like a pedometer and can sense movement, which is used with things like Face Raiders, Pokemon Dream Radar, the diving minigame in PMD: GTI, etc. It seems plausible to me, aside from what I said above.

Wow, it seems like there are several new ways to evolve Pokemon in X and Y like turning the 3DS upside down and having a pokemon with a specific type in your team. Way too cool XD ! *turns 3DS upside down and watches Pokemon evolve* About the second Mewtwo form, I can't to see the other form's design. Anyways thanks WPM for the info!

I would have liked to get rid of HMs altogether, especially since now TMs are infinite-use. I mean... It still makes a LITTLE bit of sense to not be able to delete them so you don't get stuck out in the ocean or whatever while you're Surfing. But couldn't they just have it where if that's the case, you can't delete it (something like "You're still Surfing on this Pokemon!") but if it's not then feel free? Not like the Surf TM would go anywhere.

If we're truly going to get a "Newmew" in addition to "Newtwo," we'd have to know in the next month. The July CoroCoro (comes out June 15) would be the last major outlet that Pokemon would be able to promote the movie with before the movie's release. And it would make sense that both Mewtwo formes would be in the movie. Maybe we'll get something sooner, though! I hope these rumors get confirmed!

Also, WPM, I'm curious: what changed from "I won't be releasing additional X/Y leaks for the time being." on the 16th to today? Seems like quite the shift.

Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
Ah, more fairy type info. I still don't know how I feel about that...

I'm perfectly fine with the starters final types, if they are confirmed to be like that. I'm also happy with all these new evolution methods. They are really interesting, and I wonder how creative they'll get. Another Mewtwo form would be nice, X and Y. (Hopefully they won't butcher it completely).

I'm loving the new evolution methods. Belch is my new favorite move. A Dark/Psychic is long overdue. A Psychic cat? Finally! Meowstick=Meow+Mystic and Espurr=Esper+Purr

Draining Kiss sounds very interesting.

Yes! Another Fighting/Dark!

This information will hold me over for a while.

Also I'm calling it now, the new Mewtwo forme will be called the Dormant Forme or something close :v

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
If we're truly going to get a "Newmew" in addition to "Newtwo," we'd have to know in the next month. The July CoroCoro (comes out June 15) would be the last major outlet that Pokemon would be able to promote the movie with before the movie's release. And it would make sense that both Mewtwo formes would be in the movie. Maybe we'll get something sooner, though! I hope these rumors get confirmed!

Also, WPM, I'm curious: what changed from "I won't be releasing additional X/Y leaks for the time being." on the 16th to today? Seems like quite the shift.

I said "for the time being" because I wasn't sure when I could release it and had originally promised to release it right away. In other words, "I won't be posting the spoilers right now guys."

Back