(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

Alix Rooker said:
Yes, in france, it is a male name, and in America, it is female.

Oh. Oh dear.
Sorry Frenchies, but thats going to look really awkward here in America...

Water Pokémon Master said:
- The HM bit about there being less of them
- Sycamore's name (but the fact he gives out the starters was given to me a long time ago)
- Correcting the types of the starters (the switcharoo).
- (He also told me in this list that Flash was now a TM, which is true as of Gen IV. That also lead me to believe Mage didn't make this list up.)

(After many knew who he was - most likely to be fake if anything IS intentionally fake, though I still doubt it)
- Espurr / Meowstick
- The bit about the rivals.

If he and Tai decided that Mage should give me fake information, the information above would have been it. And even then, I really don't think the first list was faked at all. The second list - possibly - but not the first list above. And again, EVERYTHING ELSE was sent to me before I ever published my second story with the English names, so I think all of that is valid
Just my opinion but when you posted the starters types was the 11th, when you correct them it was the 14th. Isn't it a lot of time three days for him to realize that he gave you the wrong types? I mean I suppose He read the news when you published it so why not to tell you immediately? Did he maybe? When did he tell you their types for the first time? Don't know, but if he wanted to sidetrack this was a good chance.
(Sorry for all the questions, do not take it as an interrogation :) )
P.s. Totally agree on Tai, please let ignore him.

So much drama about Pokemon news, is there any indication that these guys are just involved with the American side of things? I wonder because if they are maybe Gamefreak will decide to go back to the old ways of releasing the games in Japan first then a few months later here.

GlaceonFanatic said:
In my opinion I don't really like the name "Patrice" but I do like the "Sycamore" name. To me, it would be better if the professor (if female) to be "Sequoia". :p
Sequoia was a man.

Alix Rooker said:
Hmm, according to what I've read Patrice is a unisex name in France...? Apparently for men it's an alternate form of Patrick/Patric, and for women it's a 'cuter' form of the name Patricia.

Zielo said:
Alix Rooker said:

Oh. Oh dear.
Sorry Frenchies, but thats going to look really awkward here in America...

Patrice Bergeron, or a bunch of hockey players with that name? Not awkward at all.

Still waiting on a Professor Maple.

Or perhaps Professor Fir... Douglas Fir.

Sorry, its probably just the cultural barrier and the fact that im not into sports at all, so the name Patrice for a guy would just never sound right for me. XP

I wish Froakie's last evolution would be Water/Dark rather than Water/fighting like it was originally rumored to be.

DNA said:
GlaceonFanatic said:
In my opinion I don't really like the name "Patrice" but I do like the "Sycamore" name. To me, it would be better if the professor (if female) to be "Sequoia". :p
Sequoia was a man.
it sounds more feminine to me lol but I guess you're right

If a new way of evolution is flipping the 3DS, are there any other ways they could incorporate the 3DS functions? I can't really think of any others.

You know what would be weird? If Inkay was a pen, and Malimar was a marker...

AdamLambert said:
If a new way of evolution is flipping the 3DS, are there any other ways they could incorporate the 3DS functions? I can't really think of any others.

could pet your party pokemon

still don't know anything about the new friendship mechanic. C'moooon mini-tamagachi game

P.DelSlayer said:
http://abload.de/img/1369108609120nrsmp.png

Not sure if this has been seen before, I'm just gonna leave it here.

tso said:
AdamLambert said:

still don't know anything about the new friendship mechanic. C'moooon mini-tamagachi game

You mean like the pokewalker things? I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't use that at all. I love the tamagachi days, but I don't want one anymore. Not when Pokemon graphics look like they do in X and Y.

Thief said:
P.DelSlayer said:
http://abload.de/img/1369108609120nrsmp.png

Not sure if this has been seen before, I'm just gonna leave it here.

tso said:

You mean like the pokewalker things? I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't use that at all. I love the tamagachi days, but I don't want one anymore. Not when Pokemon graphics look like they do in X and Y.

naw. not like that. throw it on the bottom touch screen. even just a lil' rub the screen to grow happiness thing. Might as well. Already have massage->friendly places. Could add petting screen to those purchases.

I can imagine an Inkay evolution scenario.

Plays Pokemon X or Y to the wee hours of the night. Falls asleep. Drops 3DS. Wakes up to find out that Inkay evolved into Malimar.

signofzeta said:
I can imagine an Inkay evolution scenario.

Plays Pokemon X or Y to the wee hours of the night. Falls asleep. Drops 3DS. Wakes up to find out that Inkay evolved into Malimar.

Lol. Then it would be a mystery to you. How could you still know that's what triggered it? I didn't even know the 3DS had that function until the rumour of their evolution method.

The 3DS does have motion and direction sensors, yes. That's how things like the camera, AR Games, and the pedometer work.

"Evolves via putting your DS in Sleep Mode"
lol

Remember how at certain times in your adventure in black and white (2)? Bianca would come up to you and mention interesting information on pokemon or the region. If the evolution process of inkay is real, I feel like this is how players will find out. During your adventure you may come across your rival, or even a random person who tells you something like: "I heard turning Inkay upside down after battle could cause it to evolve. I think Ill try it some time!" And it doesnt have to be just one person, but several people who continue to hint at it in diferent ways.

Seismitoad537 said:
I wish Froakie's last evolution would be Water/Dark rather than Water/fighting like it was originally rumored to be.

I wish it was Water/Poison instead of either.

DNA said:
The 3DS does have motion and direction sensors, yes. That's how things like the camera, AR Games, and the pedometer work.

"Evolves via putting your DS in Sleep Mode"
lol

Well, I was trying to say that sometimes when you fall asleep, while your inkay levels up, and you drop your 3ds and it lands upside down. Stuff like that happens.

Nerd rage can also cause Inkay to evolve too. (You throw your 3DS and it lands upside down)

Hmm, Pokemon evolves when an impact force is applied to your 3DS.

That would be an interesting way for that Pokemon to evolve, for sure!

On a side note, Pokemon Smash will air tomorrow. So prepare yourselves for new information, as promised.

Back