(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

For everyone seeing Belch as useless, it could be like Last Resort where once you meet the requirement you can use the move as much as you want.

I like the concept of an interactive evolution method, but I'm hoping GF can make it a little better than "turn your 3ds upside down and your Pokemon will magically evolve". Also I get pancham, but what does pangoro mean?

coolhippowdon101 said:
I like the concept of an interactive evolution method, but I'm hoping GF can make it a little better than "turn your 3ds upside down and your Pokemon will magically evolve". Also I get pancham, but what does pangoro mean?

I get this when I say it.

Panda + Gore + o = Pangoro

Salamencetrainer34 said:
coolhippowdon101 said:

I get this when I say it.

Panda + Gore + o = Pangoro

It sounds a lot like Dangoro, the one goron you had to fught to get to the boss in the goron mines in LOZ twilight princess. He's a sumo wrestler incidentally.

Alix Rooker said:
Was that really all that Smash revealed?

It was, they basically only repeated the corocoro leaks and the stuff from their website. The only thing they kind of showed first was the diagonal walking.
They also said there would be weekly pokemon news from now on, although they might only show more details about stuff we already know from corocoro.

Teal said:
Elite Stride said:
@Teal
I'm referring to Espurr, assuming the info is correct.
Well duh? Espurr is supposed to evolve into Meowstick.
Add that to Espeon, who is certainly a psychic cat.
I don't think Espeon looks like a cat. More like a fennec fox.
But that's what Fennekin and its evolutions are based on...

o0BBrgD.gif

Frost said:
Teal said:
I don't think Espeon looks like a cat. More like a fennec fox.

Due to its forked tail, Espeon is specifically based on the nekomata youkai, so it's supposed to be a cat.

Apparently Umbreon is cat-like but based on a moon rabbit, which probably contributes to Umbreon's ears.
And the Nekomata legend is somewhat creepy...

Soul Dew said:
Frost said:
Due to its forked tail, Espeon is specifically based on the nekomata youkai, so it's supposed to be a cat.

Apparently Umbreon is cat-like but based on a moon rabbit, which probably contributes to Umbreon's ears.
And the Nekomata legend is somewhat creepy...

Even though they look diverse, I thought Eeveelutions remained a fox?
I don't know.

Eevee and its evolutions were specifically crafted from the DNA of various popular mammals, with the intent of sparking dispute among the fanbase for as long as both existed. This experiment is widely considered a success.

frezgle said:
Eevee and its evolutions were specifically crafted from the DNA of various popular mammals, with the intent of sparking dispute among the fanbase for as long as both existed. This experiment is widely considered a success.

Gamefreak just knows how to troll it's fans

Turning the 3DS upside-down to evolve a Pokemon is interesting. If it's true, I wonder if they'll hint at it in-game or leave it a mystery. The Pokemon would probably have a design that corresponds with this, at least.

Back