(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

I've tried to roughly draw what a Psychic-type Meowstick would look like, and this is what I've got:
c9I1LNJ.png

I know it looks off, but at least it is easy to see how the design would be. Then again, I doubt it will look anything like this if it's ever confirmed.

Thief said:
Frost said:
I think they will do more than the five or six that Dark and Steel got back in GSC. Considering we'll have like three times the number of Pokemon after XY than we had after GSC.

Yeah but with 5 or 6 lines, that's (at the most) 18 fairy types.

+Sylveon
+ (roughly) 3 or 4 stand alone

That's around 20-25 pokemon right there.
So if we assume the new pokedex has 150 new pokemon, that doesn't sound too bad. You also have to consider the ones that get a retype; which means more for the entirety.

That's exactly what I meant :) I don't think they'll do more than 30 new fairy types, which would be great IMO and around 3-4 times as much as they did with dark and steel. Also I think there are plenty of pokemon hat qualify for retyping, so they could easily get in the 40s. I really wish dunsparce could be fairy or gain a fairy evolution, he's one of my absolute favourites, at least in my top 3, but he really isn't that great ;(

Nightingirle said:
Thief said:

+Sylveon

So if we assume the new pokedex has 150 new pokemon, that doesn't sound too bad. You also have to consider the ones that get a retype; which means more for the entirety.

That's exactly what I meant :) I don't think they'll do more than 30 new fairy types, which would be great IMO and around 3-4 times as much as they did with dark and steel. Also I think there are plenty of pokemon hat qualify for retyping, so they could easily get in the 40s. I really wish dunsparce could be fairy or gain a fairy evolution, he's one of my absolute favourites, at least in my top 3, but he really isn't that great ;(

I think Dunsparce desperately needs some love, but there are other pokemon as well; Shuckle, Quilfish, ect.

I love the idea of fairy types, but would be disappointed if the majority were fairies. However they'll hopefully just about that many so they can be new and still not totally outnumbered.

AwkwardKlutz said:
I've tried to roughly draw what a Psychic-type Meowstick would look like, and this is what I've got:
c9I1LNJ.png

I know it looks off, but at least it is easy to see how the design would be. Then again, I doubt it will look anything like this if it's ever confirmed.

I hope you're spot on. You're really good.

AwkwardKlutz said:
New Dunsparce evolution:
6j6YZBG.png
Gv34Rom.jpg

Could you explain this one?

AwkwardKlutz said:
New Dunsparce evolution:
6j6YZBG.png
Gv34Rom.jpg

Oh god D: I literally cried when that happened in digimon(it was very traumatic, when was that like 10 years ago? I never really recovered...), I mean what the hell is that thing :O

EDIT: I'd prefer something like those:

dunsparce_evo_by_nastyjungle-d5ja4jd.png
Dunsparce_Evolution__Kraytarce_by_loverofscythe.jpg

kIOh6.jpg

pGA2SM8.jpg

Thief said:
Frost said:
I think they will do more than the five or six that Dark and Steel got back in GSC. Considering we'll have like three times the number of Pokemon after XY than we had after GSC.

+Sylveon

I kinda doubt we will be getting 150 new pokemon. GameFreak usually does a up and down thing with each generations amount of new pokemon. For example the first gen had 151 pokemon. The second gen had about 100. Third had something like 130. And fourth had about 107. And of course 5th had like 156. So this gen will probably be closer to 100 new pokemon. Unless they want to add more because its the first gen with 3D graphics, which is very possible.

Nightingirle said:
AwkwardKlutz said:
New Dunsparce evolution:
6j6YZBG.png
Gv34Rom.jpg

Oh god D: I literally cried when that happened in digimon(it was very traumatic, when was that like 10 years ago? I never really recovered...), I mean what the hell is that thing :O

kIOh6.jpg

pGA2SM8.jpg

In the ones you prefer, I agree with the first one. I like the design and of course the style helps me see it as a pokemon.

Hero.of.Lgnd said:
Thief said:

+Sylveon

I kinda doubt we will be getting 150 new pokemon. GameFreak usually does a up and down thing with each generations amount of new pokemon. For example the first gen had 151 pokemon. The second gen had about 100. Third had something like 130. And fourth had about 107. And of course 5th had like 156. So this gen will probably be closer to 100 new pokemon. Unless they want to add more because its the first gen with 3D graphics, which is very possible.

I was just putting 150 out there as a rough assumption to make a point. However, I think the roller coaster of pokemon entries each generation is completely random and just happens to end up that way. I do know they plan what pokemon go in which dex (as we've seen by them holding off pokemon until a later generation), but I think the final number is not planned ahead of time. There very well maybe less that 156 pokemon this time around. I just personally would not base judgement off of that particular observation.

Thief said:
Nightingirle said:

kIOh6.jpg

pGA2SM8.jpg

In the ones you prefer, I agree with the first one. I like the design and of course the style helps me see it as a pokemon.

Hero.of.Lgnd said:

I was just putting 150 out there as a rough assumption to make a point. However, I think the roller coaster of pokemon entries each generation is completely random and just happens to end up that way. I do know they plan what pokemon go in which dex (as we've seen by them holding off pokemon until a later generation), but I think the final number is not planned ahead of time. There very well maybe less that 156 pokemon this time around. I just personally would not base judgement off of that particular observation.

I dont think they plan out the specific number of each pokemon in a new generation either. But with all five current generations following that trend across almost 15 years, I think its to much just to be a coincidence. But hey, its just a matter of opinion. personally I would love to see more than 100 or so new pokemon. I have not been this excited for a new gen in a long time, and I love what I am seeing so far with all the new ones announced so far. I am especially stoked for the rumored (or leaked) squid pokemon. I have always wanted a really cool squid or octopus pokemon, I dont really care for octillery , and Jellicent was a disappointment. So ive got high hopes for this dark and psychic type.

Nightingirle said:
AwkwardKlutz said:
New Dunsparce evolution:
6j6YZBG.png
Gv34Rom.jpg

kIOh6.jpg

pGA2SM8.jpg

I actually drew that very last one; glad you like it xU Honestly that drawing's like two years old though; I really ought to revise the design a little.

But would it be terrible to say that I don't mind if Dunsparce doesn't get an evolution? That might detract from its status as a gross... wormy snaky thing D: Pokemon needs sad little wormy snaky things!

If Dunsparce ever evolves, I would like its evolution to still look like the tsuchinoko, which is what Dunsparce is based on anyway. It would still be a wormy shaky thing.

Hero.of.Lgnd said:
Thief said:

I dont think they plan out the specific number of each pokemon in a new generation either. But with all five current generations following that trend across almost 15 years, I think its to much just to be a coincidence. But hey, its just a matter of opinion. personally I would love to see more than 100 or so new pokemon. I have not been this excited for a new gen in a long time, and I love what I am seeing so far with all the new ones announced so far. I am especially stoked for the rumored (or leaked) squid pokemon. I have always wanted a really cool squid or octopus pokemon, I dont really care for octillery , and Jellicent was a disappointment. So ive got high hopes for this dark and psychic type.

The dark psychic type reminds me of a Mind Flayer from dungeons and dragons.

I'm on my iPad so I can't get a picture up, but you should google:

Mind Flayers

frezgle said:
Nightingirle said:

kIOh6.jpg

pGA2SM8.jpg

I actually drew that very last one; glad you like it xU Honestly that drawing's like two years old though; I really ought to revise the design a little.

But would it be terrible to say that I don't mind if Dunsparce doesn't get an evolution? That might detract from its status as a gross... wormy snaky thing D: Pokemon needs sad little wormy snaky things!

Oh! I really do like it :) I found it on reddit some time ago and it's in my collection of things I wish dunsparce could become, so thanks for drawing it :D

Nah, I'll still love dunsparce if it stays weak and wormy :D I'm just always sad because I have it in my party in every game but never really use it because it kind of sucks as a pokemon, it's just like some kind of mascot :)

I don't think we'll get a whole lot of new fairy mons. 10-15 most likely. What I am hoping for is a thorough integration of the new type into the current dex. Plopping it onto a few mons who seem to fit the bill isn't enough. Every pokemon needs to be considered. The obvious fairies shouldn't be the only ones receiving a type upgrade.

Thief said:
Hero.of.Lgnd said:
The dark psychic type reminds me of a Mind Flayer from dungeons and dragons.

I'm on my iPad so I can't get a picture up, but you should google:

Mind Flayers

Wow, I would love to see a pokemon-ized version of that. I suspect the dark type may come from the fact that squids have ink. But the psychic type is what is really piquing my interest, something like those would explain it though.

A couple of pages back, a user posted an ingenious theory about how the Inkay evolution could have something to do with fishing cages. I have thought of another idea that could support it. The "kay" in its name has been something that is not easily explainable. However, I think the "kay" could be an abbreviation for the word "cage." This would make perfect sense, and I would love to see that theory actually end up being fact.

Finch182 said:
Trouble is, Fairy type damage will be 4x effective against it. Same goes for Scrafty.

Wut?!

Really? Fairy is strong againts Fighting too? I though only Dragon & Dark...

AwkwardKlutz said:
c9I1LNJ.png

I really like that design actually.

AwkwardKlutz said:
c9I1LNJ.png

That looks pretty cool. I like how it doesnt look so feminine as opposed to all of the other catlike pokemon (skitty line, glameow line, purrloin line.. meowth is about the only one)
I might change a few things, but I hope the real one turns out to be as classy looking as yours. :p

AwkwardKlutz said:
If Dunsparce ever evolves, I would like its evolution to still look like the tsuchinoko, which is what Dunsparce is based on anyway. It would still be a wormy shaky thing.

I had to google what that was, and my word that is the creepiest thing Ive ever even....and I actually like snakes! xD
I personally speculate that dunsparce will be getting an evolution this gen. Dunsparce has been popping up everywhere lately, and I could be wrong but im taking it as a possible hint. He is a major character in the new Mystery Dungeon game and he always feels bad for how useless he is. Hes also been popping up a lot in Smash. Could just be coincidence, so I dunno..

Also, I love how all we have is the names and everyone is already guessing at the specific designs of Inkay and Malimar. xD Not that thats a bad thing. I'd personally love to see a squid and its about time. The Tentas and Frillish/Jellicent dont coun't, as theyre all jellyfish based... and we already have an octopus so I hope they dont repeat that.

Back