(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

@Teal
If that's so "duh" obvious then why are you questioning what I said?

Also, Espeon is much more a cat than a fox in both its behavior/mannerisms and body type- give or take the ears.

Cobalty said:
DorianBlack said:
That would be a pretty cool way to go about it, I think. Though it raises the question of what type Inkay would be then.

Maybe Inkay could be Dark type, because it hides in a dark container? I'm imagining it looking a bit like Shellder, but with a pot instead of a shell, and tentacles instead of a tongue.
You know, the container thing actually sounds interesting...

I know these will probably be wrong, and most are weird, but...
Inkay = Ink + Clay? ...Ground?
Inkay = Ink + Spray? ...
Inkay = Ink + Slay? ... Dark?
Inkay = Inkay + Decay? ...Ghost?
Inkay = Ink + Fay? ... the un-confirmed Fairy? Too crazy? Too crazy.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
TL;DR of Smash:
>New Pokémon will be revealed by Masuda EVERY WEEK.
Not exactly :3

Akiyama (as his new character Professor Aak) said he would show XY news and Pokémon weekly on behalf of Masuda from now on. As WPM has pointed out though, this may just be Smash regurgitating the clips they have yet to show. Still though, it's not all doom and gloom.There is *some* room to be optimistic. We'll have to see.

Elite Stride said:
@Teal
If that's so "duh" obvious then why are you questioning what I said?
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkQJddDQv5E[/video]
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
I'm not sure what you mean to say.

Giratina210 said:
tumblr_inline_mn0lw6P3jO1qz4rgp.png

Are you questioning whether this is real or not? Or what?

Teal said:
I'm not sure what you mean to say.
He's not questioning whether or not Espurr evolves into Meowstick- He's merely commenting on the fact that this is a leak and technically unverified by GF. If the source's information is correct, then it's a pair of Psychic-type cats.

Regardless of his opinion though, I think this is actually a balanced choice. Even if you consider the Eeveelutions to be closer to cats than they are to dogs or foxes, that still puts the Dark type at three cats with Umbreon, Purrloin, and Liepard and Psychic type with only one (that being Espeon). If you look at it that way, bring in a two-stage Psychic cat is sort of symmetrical.

Giratina210 said:
http://media.tumblr.com/77fce2015241cf4a5ad47a1b7a45595b/tumblr_inline_mn0lw6P3jO1qz4rgp.png

Is this edited? I see Fennekin and Fletchling, but the others look rather like fakemon.

Whitefire said:
Giratina210 said:
http://media.tumblr.com/77fce2015241cf4a5ad47a1b7a45595b/tumblr_inline_mn0lw6P3jO1qz4rgp.png

Is this edited? I see Fennekin and Fletchling, but the others look rather like fakemon.
it most likely is. the one next to fletchling is definitely flareon and the fake ones don't really look like they're in sprite form

GlaceonFanatic said:
Whitefire said:
it most likely is. the one next to fletchling is definitely flareon and the fake ones don't really look like they're in sprite form

I don't see how that's Flareon at all

vivalanegro said:
GlaceonFanatic said:

I don't see how that's Flareon at all

if you zoom in close enough you can tell. they just painted it a sort of greenish color and added what seems to be flowers?

The image is fake, now let's move on and stop talking about irrelevancy. :)

Regarding the Meowstick thing and it perhaps being related to a witch's cat of some sort with a broom maybe, I LOVE the idea. If so, I would definitely use it on my team.

"In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting."

I really hope this is true; i'm tired of the fire/fighting starter-combo and the only other fire/psychic type is Victini. Though with the grass starter every possible secondary trio type [psychic, dark, fighting] leaves it with a 4x weakness to something. grass dark/psychic gives it 4x bug, and grass/fighting with 4x flying. There's really no win in that case, so let's hope it has a decent movepool.

jdivinity said:
Regarding the Meowstick thing and it perhaps being related to a witch's cat of some sort with a broom maybe, I LOVE the idea. If so, I would definitely use it on my team.

ITT: We hypothesize that Meowstick is based on Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Back