(1) Keldeo's Artwork Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [2/12]

DNA's just being bias with his dislike of the "brony" fanbase.

or that's just how I see it

Nahhh... Keldeo isn't bad just because it's a pony. But let me tell you one thing... KELDEO IS GONNA SHOW THOSE BRONNIES WHO'S BOSS!!! :p It's gonna be fun to start collecting Keldeo memobrillia. (I don't think that I spelled that right... :p) I'm super EXcited to see what the Plushies look like... *They're soft. :3* (Get it? EXcited? Yeah, I wanna see the EX Card. Maybe shooting water out of its hooves?) I just hope that this isn't fake... <=(

I like the pun Mudkip4321 I wasn't EXpecting that, I think you have started a fad :D
I would like an EXplination as well DNA, I don't EXactly understand why you think it's so terrible, I can certainly think of worse pokemon :D

DNA said:
^

I'd also like to slap Nintendo on the wrist with a lead brick for creating Keldeo in the first place. It is, without a doubt, the worst Pokemon to ever exist.
And that isn't even opinion.

I mean, I know they had to keep up the musketeer thing with horses and junk, but...really? really?

There is other franchises out there if you don't like Pokémon. Even ones that just pump out over the top badass stuff.

I like pokemon because it has so much variety, while still staying in the same well defined universe and keeping its quality.

Its so famous they could as well stop caring about the details and milk it, but yet the people behind it still do this with such passion.
So many amazing concepts and origins that most people never even get around learning about, coupled with how many personalities they manage to fit into these creatures, where they look cool but cute and scary at the same time, that in many cases you don't know whether to run away or hug them.

Looking back over the scan (for the millionth time) made me realize I've drawn every single one of those stock movie image poses at least once (including the one on the poster). I understand they're common poses that pretty much everyone draws Keldeo in, but it feels good to know I was at least a little close to the other official artwork of it.

When I look at Sugimori's artwork (especially the artwork for the Mythical Legendaries) what never ceases to surprise me is the shapes he choses to draw certain features in. Take the tufts of red hair, for example - instead of drawing them like they're done in the movie artwork (with rounded tips) the tips are sharp and come to a clean point. Making the nostrils so defined also shocks me a little, but the more I think over it the more it makes sense. The thinness of the legs (at least the front ones) makes them look so frail yet perfectly stylized it's amazing.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'm sorry but you are going to have to explain yourself if you're going to make an absolute statement like that.
He doesn't need to, silly. =3

TDL said:
DNA's just being bias with his dislike of the "brony" fanbase.

or that's just how I see it
You're close! but I've hated My Little Pony way before it became a mainstream thing. However, my opinion on Keldeo has remained unchanged ever since I found out about it all those months ago.

I remember looking up the last 3 legendaries in BW, and although I don't really have any major problems with Meloetta or Genesect (I can see and appreciate the ideas behind both, even though Nintendo shot themselves in the foot during 4th gen by contracting legendary-overboard disease), I feel like Nintendo's really pushing and/or stretching it with Keldeo.
It's just so...
...so...
...irredeemably silly.

*puts on psychologist glasses*

And exactly why do you feel it's "silly?" How does it make you feel?

*leans back on red couch*

Well, personally, I just feel like Nintendo could do a lot better with their legendary concepts. Granted, I do understand the feel behind it, but I also feel like they could have done better. You can make a diminutive horse without making it a pony...and a rather silly-looking pony at that.

I know that there are other Pokemon that are very bland and are pretty silly ideas in and of themselves (like Geodude, Muk, Exeggcute...ironically a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon are like that - also there's Klinklang), and equally bad ideas do exist. I guess I'm just way too biased that Keldeo is too reminiscent of a franchise that I'm none too happy with (My Little Pony). Yeah sure, there are other Pokemon out there that are too similar to other franchises (Bisharp for example), but Keldeo just makes me /wrists.

That said I'm aware that nothing I say is going to change much of anything. I just don't like to see a thread where everyone thinks that the revealing of Keldeo is just such an amazing thing and people are absolutely fawning over it. Someone needs to say something different than the default opinion, and the sad thing is that it's usually me.

Mitja said:
I like pokemon because it has so much variety, while still staying in the same well defined universe and keeping its quality.

This.

Keldeo is definetely not the worst or the best Pokémon. But I wouldn't like Pokémon at all if there were only Pokémon like Regigigas, Deoxys or Claydol ;) (and I actually like those Pokémon)...

DNA said:
*leans back on red couch*

Well, personally, I just feel like Nintendo could do a lot better with their legendary concepts. Granted, I do understand the feel behind it, but I also feel like they could have done better. You can make a diminutive horse without making it a pony...and a rather silly-looking pony at that.

I know that there are other Pokemon that are very bland and are pretty silly ideas in and of themselves (like Geodude, Muk, Exeggcute...ironically a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon are like that - also there's Klinklang), and equally bad ideas do exist. I guess I'm just way too biased that Keldeo is too reminiscent of a franchise that I'm none too happy with (My Little Pony). Yeah sure, there are other Pokemon out there that are too similar to other franchises (Bisharp for example), but Keldeo just makes me /wrists.

That said I'm aware that nothing I say is going to change much of anything. I just don't like to see a thread where everyone thinks that the revealing of Keldeo is just such an amazing thing and people are absolutely fawning over it. Someone needs to say something different than the default opinion, and the sad thing is that it's usually me.
There are a few good features in Keldeo, but mostly, it's just a My Little Pony/unicorn/?
wrapped up into one. The horn just looks like ahuge lump on Keldeo's forehead. It's pretty ridiculous all and all. It's not the worst, but it could use some work.

Just because another franchise has ponies doesn't mean Keldeo is cheap. I know nothing of MLP other than the annoying Bronies on this forum (PMJ) and I think it looks awesome. Looks almost like it could have fit into R/B, IMO.

1) True
2) snrk - annoying fanbase. This is truth.
3) Fair enough

To each his own opinion, it seems. I don't like Keldeo, but I'm not going to ragequit over it by any means.

Keldeo is definetely not the worst or the best Pokémon. But I wouldn't like Pokémon at all if there were only Pokémon like Regigigas, Deoxys or Claydol (and I actually like those Pokémon)...
Well played.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I know nothing of MLP other than the annoying Bronies on this forum (PMJ) and I think it looks awesome. Looks almost like it could have fit into R/B, IMO.

Yeah, this pretty much. >_> Though I have seen Bronies elsewhere.

I do love Keldeo, and I have since I saw it a while back when the sprite was discovered. I can't wait until we start getting some cards/merch for it, since it'll be something fun to collect. Typically, the pokémon I like the most (Shellos and Bellsprout most notably), don't get as much love on the merch side of things, so it makes me happy.

If this movie comes out in theatres like Victini and Zekrom did, I swear I'm going to find a way to go, even if I have to go by myself and feel like a loser. :p

I agree with DNA. :/ Keldeo looks... utterly ridiculous. Also, one can be an avid fan of Pokemon and think that a new Pokemon looks ridiculous. Especially when it does. :p

@Artemis: I want to go see a Pokemon movie in theaters very badly! The last one to come out only had one showing at the theater in my area, and it was at 10 am, so I couldn't see it. :/

Removing preceding circumstances of any cases, I find the art to be disappointing. Then again, starting with the fact that Keldeo's anatomy looked awfully skinny murdered a chance of a positive opinion from me (dose legs. DAT NECK). Nevertheless, this is going to be one of those Pokémon with a either cult hit or a massive following. Given from what I know, quite a few Japanese artist don't pay it any attention, which gives me the impression that Keldeo isn't greatly well received in Japan (as far as the design goes).

In the end, does it look like it fits in Pokémon (or even in R/B, as WPM said)? Definitely good enough of a design. I can accept its existence.

1. Cool, new pokemon movie but keldeo was very very predicted. I like that pokemon , its very cute!!! however... Keldeo=my little pony!!?? it looks like one, that was my first reaction!!!! hahaha
2. I really feel like Kyurem will not have a new forme [ IMO ]
3. I am tired of hearing about pokemon grey!!! Xp

I really want to see another pokemon movie in theater again!!!! I hope this one will also be in my local theater and maybe the US release date will be sooner than like a year hahaha.

Back