(1) June 23rd Release for 'Black 2' and 'White 2' in Japan [4/8]

Grizzly said:
Blui129 said:
Maybe, this gen will have more games (BW, BW2, RSE(remakes), FRLG?), you know gamefreak love their money. Again so soon ;_; this is very good :D:D:D
Why make remakes of remakes(FRLG)?

Not FRLG, RB/Y. That seems better.

Blui129 said:
Not FRLG, RB/Y. That seems better.
RBY have already been remade. They're called FRLG. They don't need to be remade again.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
RBY have already been remade. They're called FRLG. They don't need to be remade again.

Wait, I mean that a new remake of a different name or of a completly new name (Pokemon Flare version maybe?)

xxashxx said:
Wow this is sure an odd time to release the games as B/W was released on March 6th for U.S. residents which makes it 15 months after the original games were released. However why so soon for the release here? For an early release they must have had not enough time to actually check and make sure everything will work right. They need to take time to make sure there are no flaws and no glitches. They are not taking enough time to make sure every copy works right XD. An early release means more problems if you think about it XD.:)

omg chill the only reason were getting it early is because japan is getting it early

Blui129 said:
Wait, I mean that a new remake of a different name or of a completly new name (Pokemon Flare version maybe?)
No. Just no.
They don't need to be on DS; they are just fine the way they are. Putting RBY on DS would probably destroy the nostalgia factor completely, since DS is so much different than GBA.

Blui129 said:
Who? Me? I'm just putting ideas out there, but slightly true.

They've been remade, kind of. You have to play Kanto in Pokemon HG and SS. Why remake them if you can play in the region already for ds?

PikabooPikachu said:
They've been remade, kind of. You have to play Kanto in Pokemon HG and SS. Why remake them if you can play in the region already for ds?

Because Kanto has been in every single Generation. Currently not including Generation 5.
If this Generation is going to last at least 4 years, then unless we see a Black 3 and White 3, there is going to be a remake of an older Generation. Ruby and Sapphire Versions before anything.

Teeboy23 said:
Because Kanto has been in every single Generation. Currently not including Generation 5.
If this Generation is going to last at least 4 years, then unless we see a Black 3 and White 3, there is going to be a remake of an older Generation. Ruby and Sapphire Versions before anything.

The DS is getting replaced by 3DS.
Since they'd be using a different engine for a 3DS game, main games would be the more realistic to come next.
And as the recent generation was a whooping record breaking 156 completely new pokes, gen 6 will likely be ~100, with babies and evolutions again..
Although now that BW2 will make Unova feel complete, it wont be a Johto-like region for Unova, which in turn raises the chances for evos and babies of the forgotten older pokes.

RS dont need remakes.
Ive been saying I hope gamefreak are smart enough to figure out that plain remakes of those wont cash as much as FRLG or HGSS...and do Ruby2 Sapphire2 instead.

Yea, because of BW2, I can now add a 2 on the names and everyone understands, instead of having to explain with 10 sentences what I mean by "sequels". :DDD

Or even smarter.... combine these two, and make RS2 big, introducing an ok amount of new pokemon.
(Hoenn pokes have potential for new stages more than the rest anyway! *points at Banette*)

Mitja said:
The DS is getting replaced by 3DS.
Since they'd be using a different engine for a 3DS game, main games would be the more realistic to come next.
And as the recent generation was a whooping record breaking 156 completely new pokes, gen 6 will likely be ~100, with babies and evolutions again..
Although now that BW2 will make Unova feel complete, it wont be a Johto-like region for Unova, which in turn raises the chances for evos and babies of the forgotten older pokes.

RS don't need remakes.
Ive been saying I hope gamefreak are smart enough to figure out that plain remakes of those wont cash as much as FRLG or HGSS...and do Ruby2 Sapphire2 instead.

Yea, because of BW2, I can now add a 2 on the names and everyone understands, instead of having to explain with 10 sentences what I mean by "sequels". :DDD

Or even smarter.... combine these two, and make RS2 big, introducing an ok amount of new pokemon.
(Hoenn pokes have potential for new stages more than the rest anyway! *points at Banette*)

Why not? Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Versions are the only game that haven't been brought up DS standards. Hoenn is the only region not playable on the Nintendo DS.

Teeboy23 said:
Why not? Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Versions are the only game that haven't been brought up DS standards. Hoenn is the only region not playable on the Nintendo DS.

The DS and DS Lite have GBA functionality, so technically RSE are playable on the DS. Not on the 3DS, the newer system though, so we will likely go to Hoenn. However, I think Hoenn in BW2 would be a foolish choice for Gamefreak. They'd get far greater profits from making them two separate games-or wasn't that why they stopped combining regions after GSC?

Dark Void said:
The DS and DS Lite have GBA functionality, so technically RSE are playable on the DS. Not on the 3DS, the newer system though, so we will likely go to Hoenn. However, I think Hoenn in BW2 would be a foolish choice for Gamefreak. They'd get far greater profits from making them two separate games-or wasn't that why they stopped combining regions after GSC!

i see you logic with the ds and ds light but what you also have to understand is that a lot of people switched to dsi/xl/3ds so there is a need for a remake but i like the r2 s2 idea better then a remake

ps i like how youve become an expert on what every one will buy and wont buy

pokemonmaster101 said:
i see you logic with the ds and ds light but what you also have to understand is that a lot of people switched to dsi/xl/3ds so there is a need for a remake but i like the r2 s2 idea better then a remake

ps i like how youve become an expert on what every one will buy and wont buy

If you read my post, you would have seen that I said that the newer systems are incompatible with RSE so a Hoenn game is likely.

It doesn't take an expert to know that selling 2 different games will get you more profits than selling one game if combined they take the same amount of work/money to make.

Dark Void said:
The DS and DS Lite have GBA functionality, so technically RSE are playable on the DS. Not on the 3DS, the newer system though, so we will likely go to Hoenn. However, I think Hoenn in BW2 would be a foolish choice for Gamefreak. They'd get far greater profits from making them two separate games-or wasn't that why they stopped combining regions after GSC?

A DS graphic update is still needed for Hoenn.

NachoMan said:
How could you possibly think Hoenn doesn't need a update?

Disregarding any hate implied of the heavily voiced desire for an update, I'll assume it's because it would just prolong the DS so much longer.

But pretending FR/LG never happened, how could you possibly think Hoenn needs an update? I'm all for it and would love it, but the expectedness of it is interesting.

Back