(1) June 23rd Release for 'Black 2' and 'White 2' in Japan [4/8]

NachoMan said:
Well then they should start re-producing Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Game Boy Andvance cartriges. You can't even find them in stores. Only stores that sell USED copies.

Why, exactly? Of course you can't find them in stores; Nintendo stopped supplying GBA cartridges to anyone after Red Rescue Team. What sense would it make to reprint? Some people think they're taking a chance on bringing over Xenoblade; just imagine the insane risk of reprinting 10 year-old games.

NachoMan said:
I was just making an example. Maybe people want to travel through Hoenn with with a Zekrom, or Kyurem, or Reshiram in their party? or Black Kyurem or White Kyurem?

?

If you're talking remakes, why would there by Unova legends in Hoenn?

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Indeed, I don't think you've given a single good reason about why there should be RS remakes - just a bunch of flippy ones that wouldn't really add much to RS to begin with. You're addressing the wrong issue; it's not whether or not members of the fanbase haven't had a chance to play the game (because most of them have, and the VG section of Pokemon is primarily geared towards the older players who have been with them since Day 1, and HGSS is proof of that), but rather, it's whether or not this new game will sell - and that is the most important bit. If there is nothing new, it will not sell well, and there will not be that large of a profit. That's what you can boil it all down to.

A lot of kids came in on DP, like every generation. That's a lot of people who haven't played RS, especially considering RS's sales. There's a decent audience. Explorers of Sky is probably the worst (content speaking) spin-off since Channel, and it's sold about 1.5 million worldwide. An advertised and hyped remake would sell enough.

A lot of kids came in on DP, like every generation. That's a lot of people who haven't played RS, especially considering RS's sales. There's a decent audience. Explorers of Sky is probably the worst (content speaking) spin-off since Channel, and it's sold about 1.5 million worldwide. An advertised and hyped remake would sell enough.
Oh, I totally agree, but I've noticed that the advertising for the video games has a two-fold purpose: first, keep the old fans with the series, and second, get new ones into it. HGSS seemed to focus a lot more on the first reason; it excited us all for it because they threw in so much extra stuff. And, to be honest, I love HGSS a lot more than I love GSC now - and it's not just because of the battery issue.

Explorers of Sky (PMD 2.5) didn't sell well because there were not that many new things in comparison to the other PMD2 games. Thus, an RS remake won't sell well if they're far too similar to the originals. Maybe they're still plotting.
(Note, these statements are completely independent of my opinion that I never want RS remakes to exist.)

RS remakes would still be much more different from RS when compared to Sky <=> the other two. And they would be main games, which means loads of sales.
I don't want RS remakes on the DS. And I don't see why they would STILL make something for the DS. xP On the 3DS, that would be ok. But I would rather want R2S2. :>

The amount of work required to make RS remakes is not that much different from what it would take them to make a new game (not a new generation game I mean),

compared to the huge difference between
"hey guys we made same old RS remakes without even fixing plotholes"
and
"holy crap, a new adventure in good old Hoenn! Everything is changed, meet new and old characters" etc, you get the idea.

Not just is there no good argument from either the fanbase or the game devs viewpoint for plain RS remakes, but even the moneyyyyy argument is flawed as basically any other main pokemon game idea would sell more, with and without Hoenn.

I don't know what the point of your post was / who it was directed towards, but I agree with what you said.

Yeah, no one directly, just some food for thought for anyone reading this thread xD..

Chariblaze said:
Why, exactly? Of course you can't find them in stores; Nintendo stopped supplying GBA cartridges to anyone after Red Rescue Team. What sense would it make to reprint? Some people think they're taking a chance on bringing over Xenoblade; just imagine the insane risk of reprinting 10 year-old games.

If you're talking remakes, why would there by Unova legends in Hoenn?

To travel to Hoenn. So basically, everyone who doesn't own a GBA game, can't visit Hoenn? Is that what everyone's saying?

You can always transfer Unova or Sinnoh Pokemon to the Remakes.

GBAs are not that old. A remake without substantial changes wouldn't go over well to anyone but those so obsessed with nostalgia. Gen V set a new standard on the plot in Pokémon games (the main series, of course). A simple remake of RS would suffer story-wise as the plot isn't good in comparison to Gen V. Rather than trying to improve something old, it's better for Nintendo to move on to the newer games and keep expanding on what they have.

Zyflair said:
GBAs are not that old. A remake without substantial changes wouldn't go over well to anyone but those so obsessed with nostalgia. Gen V set a new standard on the plot in Pokémon games (the main series, of course). A simple remake of RS would suffer story-wise as the plot isn't good in comparison to Gen V. Rather than trying to improve something old, it's better fo Nintendo to move on to the newer games and keep expanding on what they have.

Old enough where you can't find a NEW copy in stores. And what makes you think Ruby and Sapphire remakes would JUST be a simple remake?

NachoMan said:
Old enough where you can't find a NEW copy in stores. And what makes you think Ruby and Sapphire remakes would JUST be a simple remake?
What makes you think they won't be simple?

Simple is just updating the artwork. They would also add features that wasn't in the originals. Maybe they would add the Walk Around With Your Pokemon feature again. Like how HGSS had tons of new features that weren't in the original GS.

It's cool how the Keldeo event begins in Japan the same day that B2W2 are released. The Japanese players can use Keldeo through their gameplay.

I'm sure there'll be little plot bits if you travel with Keldeo or something,
similarly to how Victini was so oddly in the middle of the game as were the zorua/zoroark parts, instead of all of it being in some corner at the end of the game.

There is a english logo down in Aus, but it might not be final, this is just the boxart Aus is using to make us want it (a bit)
It's definatley not final (the quality of the box art)
pokemon_black_2_box_art1.jpg

I cant wait for it to.come out in the United States I am definatley getting Pokemon Black 2 because Black Kyurem looks cooler

Ichigo14 said:
I cant wait for it to.come out in the United States I am definatley getting Pokemon Black 2 because Black Kyurem looks cooler

Yeah, that makes no sense at all...

LMAO
Exactly what I was wondering XD
Maybe cooler as in, not on fire like the White one?

I'm getting both BW2 since I got both BW it only feels right I get them both now too :). I can't wait until these games come out.

Back