(1) Japan's July Set Not BW10, but 'EX Battle Boost'

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I'm praying they pull something crazy and add in some EXs they didn't make, especially Arceus :/

I am looking forward to the new artwork though.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
This is probably a better idea than our August set being a gigantic BW9 and BW10.
Finally, catching up to Japan is no longer a pipe dream for when X and Y come out.

I am very pleased.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Me gusta. I wouldn't buy this if it is going to come out over here, unless it had good cards. If they do a simultaneous release, the English TCG would finally be in sync with Japan.

Pokepower22

Ryan Moorhouse
Fraxureking said:
Me gusta. I wouldn't buy this if it is going to come out over here, unless it had good cards. If they do a simultaneous release, the English TCG would finally be in sync with Japan.
I think this would be amazing for creativity for decks. It would increase TPCi's Pre Release sales(since no-one knows the cards) and be more exciting in Tournaments.I really hope they do simultaneous releases.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I hope it's not ALL reprints with new artwork or else I'm going to have to import it. <_>

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Simultaneous US and JPN releases for TCG? At long last?

9eeaf04f_HypeTrain.jpeg

Woo woo!

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Let's also hope that after the release of XY1, both Japan and the international TCG releases close to the same stuff.

The things I want kept for the international TCG is the 2 set associated theme decks, and 4 boosters released evenly across the year, as opposed to Japan's release of 1 booster in the first half of the year, and 3 booster sets in the latter half of the year.

If we get simultaneous release, I wonder how much time it takes to transfer Japan's way of doing their TCG products to our way of doing our TCG products? Remember that Japan doesn't have set associated theme decks, and they sometimes include ultra rares in their theme decks. They basically sell totally different stuff than we do, so I wonder how much time it takes to convert from their system to our system.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Or what if we're converting to their system, and this EX Battle Boost set is just their way of telling us to catch up with them and adapt more to their style?

Because, to be honest, I cannot see Pokemon in Japan changing to our style. They're basically the ones in charge. If anything, we'd change to theirs.
...though, the idea of 1 set every 3 months is a good idea.

Edit:
Well so much for shiny Samurott and Full Art Elesa + other stuff from BW10 I wanted...
I want shiny Eelektrik but I know that's never going to happen :p

Reggie McGigas

-
This looks nice, I hope they include Regirock and Regice EX. I would like to see cards like Celebi EX regular and Elektrik NV reprinted in this set with better artwork.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Reggie McGigas said:
This looks nice, I hope they include Regirock and Regice EX. I would like to see cards like Celebi EX regular and Elektrik NV reprinted in this set with better artwork.

What don't you get about "no new cards"?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
inb4 they get a Catcher reprint and America skips this set

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
Hope they make Moltres and Zapdos Full Art and then they can release them as promos in english. If this is not a way to make simultaneous releases I will be very dissapointed thought as there are still some exes and shinys I would've liked to see, but its worth skipping them if it means we will get the sets around the same time as japan..

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
DNA said:
Or what if we're converting to their system, and this EX Battle Boost set is just their way of telling us to catch up with them and adapt more to their style?

Because, to be honest, I cannot see Pokemon in Japan changing to our style. They're basically the ones in charge. If anything, we'd change to theirs.
...though, the idea of 1 set every 3 months is a good idea.

Edit:
Well so much for shiny Samurott and Full Art Elesa + other stuff from BW10 I wanted...
I want shiny Eelektrik but I know that's never going to happen :p

What I do want from the international system is the 2 theme decks per set and the evened out release schedule.

We have 2 60-card theme decks associated per set, while they have sometimes 30 card half decks, or 60 card decks with EX cards as the cover card, and stuff like that.

Our market and their market is vastly different, which is why even Yugioh has an OCG and TCG. We'll see how Cardfight vanguard does, because it seems that whatever they release in Japan is a one-for-one translation of whatever gets imported here, that is, what they get is what we get.

I don't know if our product selection, with the set associated theme decks and tons of box sets work there, and what they have will work here, because I highly doubt it would, which is why I ask how long it takes to go from their system of 5 cards per pack to our system of 10 cards per pack with associated theme decks.

The thing is, in Japan, kids look at the price, rather than the contents. The cheaper it is, the better. Here, kids would prefer a $4 10 card pack over a $2 5 card pack.

In Japan, I have heard of no TCG that have set associated theme decks. Set associated theme decks are more of an American thing, with Magic and their intro packs and Pokemon TCG and their theme decks. The whole set associated theme deck thing all started when WOTC was in charge of the Pokemon TCG, so it is really a WOTC thing.

I really do hope they keep the set associated theme deck, considering how I collect these things, and it is a great way to try out the set without having to build your own deck.

xxashxx

&quot;Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon&quot;
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Sounds like the reprinted sets will be cool. It will give us a chance to get the cards from the past sets. Although I don't see the point in skipping the next set for America since it is already printed. Just get it released guys. No point in skipping because you will loose money by doing this XD.:)

The Pikachu Mafia

HTL is the Flippy Beam of Doom.
...If this is what I think it is then Pokemon has just crossed the line from awesome to supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus. Just let that sink in for a moment...