(1) Extremespeed Genesect [12/12]

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
They are probably going to make an event shiny Genesect to go with this movie. It will come in a Cherish Ball and have...Extremespeed!?

AAAAAAAAAGH RIP OU FORMAT IT'S GOING TO BE EVEN WORSE NOW

... ...
oh wait lol

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
^I was going to say the same... Also, they are giving Genesect again, but this time it is for all 4 gen V games, not just B2W2. I was expecting that...

But I see what they did here... Since Genesect is most likely to appear in the anime (the Genesect - which is not shiny - event I said above is between january and february and the Megalo Cannon set is in March, so these are supposed to tie in with its appearance in the anime), they had to have something different for the movie, so they came up with a shiny genesect instead of a regular one again...

scuba steveE

Absolute
Extremespeed Genesect? That's such a weird title, though I guess it will be changed when it hits the west.

And a mini-movie featuring Eevee, hmmmm...

Rambagos

Aspiring Trainer
D...did you see Kyogre and Groudon in that cover? Probably they will release the remake game of R/S/E .

Blui

lv85 paladin
Rambagos said:
D...did you see Kyogre and Groudon in that cover? Probably they will release the remake game of R/S/E .

Get out of this thread.

Hopefully they use a similar formula as in Kyurem vs The Sword of Justice and put Ash & Co. as minor characters.

Mitja

veteran smartass
They still gotta have something serious up their sleeves.

I mean, this isn't even a new forme (since there is no gen 5 games to feature them in obviously), its just shiny. Not to mention, its gonna be distributed way before the actual movie and be featured in normal in the anime..

We shall see by February I guess.

Note that the other movie where known legendaries were made shinies for co-star roles was 13.

I wonder whats up with even more Eevee hype o__O

Rambagos said:

No.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I don't even know where to begin why the idea of the movie's Genesect being shiny is a horrible idea...

Guessing R/S/E remake will solve this new Genesect forme problem

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
More eevee hype? Gen 6 coming with more eeveelutions IMO. Yes I saw the Groudon and Kyogre though I don't think it is for R/S/E remakes.

SoulSilver

Reliving memories whilst making new ones
I love how people are still in denial about R/S remakes. "BUT IT JUST SAID B/W/2!! NOT R/S REMAKES HURDUR" Yes, because the remakes have TOTALLY been officially announced by Nintendo/GameFreak...*rolls eyes* I'll say it right now, we'll know of them by latest March.

Besides, why else would Kyogre and Groudon be on the page when they'll likely have exactly nothing to do with the movie? Cheering Genesect on while wearing tutus and carrying pompoms? >.> The Groudon and Kyogre event is over in Japan, and as we all know, CoroCoro is a Japanese publication so it would not announce them for NA/EU/AU. So what are we left with? Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

I'll guarantee you Pokemon Sunday (or Pokemon Smash, call it what you wish) will just reiterate what CoroCoro provided us with -- Shiny Genesect. No generation VI Pokemon, just the shiny. As we all know the Unova region is not ending till at least late 2013 for Japan because now they're shifting all focus over to N and Team Plasma which was already revealed to be its own saga, not a mini 3-episode series. So really, do you think GameFreak will sit there waiting for Unova to end while doing nothing?

No, they'd cash in with some pretty dang good R/S remakes imo. They know that HG/SS sold very, very well and they won't want to stop that momentum by saying "Well, you see, we COULD remake R/S, but naaaaaaaah. We got enough money!". Would be dumb.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Did you not notice the big boulder hindering them even attempting that in an elegant way, called 3DS?

TerminusTypeR

Aspiring Trainer
SoulSilver said:
I love how people are still in denial about R/S remakes. "BUT IT JUST SAID B/W/2!! NOT R/S REMAKES HURDUR" Yes, because the remakes have TOTALLY been officially announced by Nintendo/GameFreak...*rolls eyes* I'll say it right now, we'll know of them by latest March.

Besides, why else would Kyogre and Groudon be on the page when they'll likely have exactly nothing to do with the movie? Cheering Genesect on while wearing tutus and carrying pompoms? >.> The Groudon and Kyogre event is over in Japan, and as we all know, CoroCoro is a Japanese publication so it would not announce them for NA/EU/AU. So what are we left with? Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

I'll guarantee you Pokemon Sunday (or Pokemon Smash, call it what you wish) will just reiterate what CoroCoro provided us with -- Shiny Genesect. No generation VI Pokemon, just the shiny. As we all know the Unova region is not ending till at least late 2013 for Japan because now they're shifting all focus over to N and Team Plasma which was already revealed to be its own saga, not a mini 3-episode series. So really, do you think GameFreak will sit there waiting for Unova to end while doing nothing?

No, they'd cash in with some pretty dang good R/S remakes imo. They know that HG/SS sold very, very well and they won't want to stop that momentum by saying "Well, you see, we COULD remake R/S, but naaaaaaaah. We got enough money!". Would be dumb.

The Kyogre and Groudon events actually go until January 10th if I recall which is probably why they were shown alongside Genesect.

Anyways, this whole shiny Genesect business is super exciting. It really makes me hopeful we'll see some merch of its shiny form like some zukans or something. Plus it potentially knowing extremespeed as a special move is nice too.

SoulSilver

Reliving memories whilst making new ones
I love how people keep saying such and such isn't proof of R/S remakes and don't provide any evidence as to why they aren't proof to the remakes. I get it, you all don't like R/S or Hoenn as a whole, but that bias won't stop GameFREAK from cashing in on remakes. I don't see why else they'd pick Groudon and Kyogre over all other legendaries.

In a previous topic I listed many reason as to why R/S will be remade, and yet no one could back up their claims of "R/S won't be remade" with solid proof. Kind of makes your arguments weak, don't they? Especially with WPM, his whole thing was the anime going faster through Gen. V and thus Genesect movie would introduce 1 or more Gen. VI Pokemon. Specifically a silhouette would be shown this month. Well, we got CoroCoro and the reveal was a Shiny Genesect which is, obviously, a Gen. V Pokemon and I doubt Pokemon Sunday will give us anything beyond that. Thus, no Gen. VI Pokemon hinted at.

Please, people, before you argue, make sure your argument isn't flimsy.

CorinthiansRose

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, more Eevee? Eevee has been crazy, and it will be up until all the merch is finished releasing in April. I know Eeveelutions are super popular and always generate an insane amount of money, but I would like something more significant to happen. Hey maybe they're uncovering a new Eeveelution in the new film and that's why there's so much hype :p

Haha I know that's not it, but it would be kinda of cool to have a Gen VI Eeveelution as a co-star I suppose. It certainly would tie in with the whole Gen VI Pokemon theory for the new movie, and it would be the icing on the cake for this whole Eeveelution craze.

Mitja

veteran smartass
SoulSilver said:
I love how people keep saying such and such isn't proof of R/S remakes and don't provide any evidence as to why they aren't proof to the remakes. I get it, you all don't like R/S or Hoenn as a whole, but that bias won't stop GameFREAK from cashing in on remakes. I don't see why else they'd pick Groudon and Kyogre over all other legendaries.

In a previous topic I listed many reason as to why R/S will be remade, and yet no one could back up their claims of "R/S won't be remade" with solid proof. Kind of makes your arguments weak, don't they? Especially with WPM, his whole thing was the anime going faster through Gen. V and thus Genesect movie would introduce 1 or more Gen. VI Pokemon. Specifically a silhouette would be shown this month. Well, we got CoroCoro and the reveal was a Shiny Genesect which is, obviously, a Gen. V Pokemon and I doubt Pokemon Sunday will give us anything beyond that. Thus, no Gen. VI Pokemon hinted at.

Please, people, before you argue, make sure your argument isn't flimsy.

Dude wtf, I love Hoenn as much as the next person, why do you assume those things about us?

The burden of proof lies on the person claiming something, not the person disproving their arguments.

Frankly Ive commented on this issue way too many times, tackling any argument that some might consider as "hints" with solid reasons, I simply don't see how its even still necessary after BW2 wrapped gen V up so nicely and all event legends have been revealed earlier than ANYONE expected.
I mean remakes used to bring tons of old pokes back into spotlight, guess what BW2 did, it played that role perfectly and was actually something creative for a change.

Your main argument is that they won't ignore a cash cow. Well obviously they won't (BTW its not even like this is goin away, they can easily milk it after they set new grounds with gen 6), but before this can even be taken into consideration, there are technical things to figure out. So please tell me, which of the following is your case:
-Do you honestly believe there will be another set of DS games (and do you understand the 3DS is not just another DS?)?
-Or, if you understand that this is nonsense and the 3DS is overdue like no handheld before, then do you think it would be smart/elegant of gamefreak to start on a new hardware with remakes instead of new games?

You know, if we were still in the lively DS era for a handful of years, we could argue about RSE remakes and possibilities...but right now is not that time. They will want to move on by all means.

Its not that our dislike for Hoenn (imagined by you), will stp them from doing it, but
your wishful thinking wont make them do the unreasonable.

And again, Kyogre/Groudon in the scan refer to the current event which onyl started recently and goes on into January.

FYI, I like Hoenn more than Johto, yet I was claiming we would obviously see GS remakes for 2 years before they were even announced. Why would I be against RSE remakes now if they were just as realistic? Just to piss off people off?

Did you even read my responses in the other thread?

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
You guys let this thread derail into an RSE remake discussion. You are all terrible people.

I love Hoenn as it is and that's why I never want to see it remade. That said, a Hoenn remake at this point in time would be premature, for a number of reasons (including - but not limited to - the constant Hoenn Pokemon distributions, the 3DS, and the rushing of Gen V).

They probably will make an RSE remake, possibly in Gen VI (at this point I don't see how a Gen V RSE remake is even possible); I just don't want them to, ever. But I can't ignore the possibility.