(1) Extremespeed Genesect [12/12]

1. If the movies didn't mean everything to you, then you should know that if there would be a 6th gen hint, they would announce it for the games before the movie, so the genesect movie wont have anything to help your argument.

2. Logical or not, they never said it wasn't a new form, I've seen weirder things happen (oh and btw, if they did R/S remakes, that's a game to put his new form in.) although you're probably right on this one.

3. If I remember correctly, B/W was scheduled to be released BEFORE the 3ds was even out, so it wasn't the fact that they were insisting another gen on the ds, it was the fact that the 3ds didn't come out in time. Also BW2 aren't remakes no matter how you slice it, they're squeals that improve or add to the original games.

4. once again you can't rely on movies, Ash will do random things that defy reality, also the new pokebeach story basically trumped most chance of any 6th gen pokemon making an apperance anyways...

say what you will, but you guys were already wrong about hints coming in December, what makes you think that it will all change 30 days from now?

The Pikachu Mafia said:
1. If the movies didn't mean everything to you, then you should know that if there would be a 6th gen hint, they would announce it for the games before the movie, so the genesect movie wont have anything to help your argument.

2. Logical or not, they never said it wasn't a new form, I've seen weirder things happen (oh and btw, if they did R/S remakes, that's a game to put his new form in.) although you're probably right on this one.

3. If I remember correctly, B/W was scheduled to be released BEFORE the 3ds was even out, so it wasn't the fact that they were insisting another gen on the ds, it was the fact that the 3ds didn't come out in time. Also BW2 aren't remakes no matter how you slice it, they're squeals that improve or add to the original games.

4. once again you can't rely on movies, Ash will do random things that defy reality, also the new pokebeach story basically trumped most chance of any 6th gen pokemon making an apperance anyways...

say what you will, but you guys were already wrong about hints coming in December, what makes you think that it will all change 30 days from now?

1. Kecleon, Munchlax, Zoroark.

2. Its a baseless guess. We could as well argue that there might be a new Pikachu form in the movie in that sense.

3. What does it matter? My point was the consequence, not the reason. You brought up BW2, I merely added that they also acted as the nostalgia-game for gen V, which has been an exclusive job of remakes in generations before.

4. What are you talking about?

Yes, masuda will give us new info in January, and his appearance alone implies importance.

No one said there has to be a genVI pokemon in december. All that anyone said is that there has got to be something new (not a legit hack, but an actual new design that warrants official sugimori art.) by the end of February with possible hints starting previous week.

Mitja said:
1. Kecleon, Munchlax, Zoroark.

unless I'm really losing it, we already had info on those generations BEFORE the movies were released, wanna know why? Because the movies are based off the games.

Mitja said:
2. Its a baseless guess. We could as well argue that there might be a new Pikachu form in the movie in that sense.

my guess is a good as yours.

Mitja said:
3. What does it matter? My point was the consequence, not the reason. You brought up BW2, I merely added that they also acted as the nostalgia-game for gen V, which has been an exclusive job of remakes in generations before.

It matters because you somehow think that the pattern has been "broken" in BW, and it has not been broken yet if ever.

Mitja said:
4. What are you talking about?

good question, but I'm not really sure what you mean so I can't answer that.

Mitja said:
Yes, masuda will give us new info in January, and his appearance alone implies importance.

No one said there has to be a genVI pokemon in december. All that anyone said is that there has got to be something new (not a legit hack, but an actual new design that warrants official sugimori art.) by the end of February with possible hints starting previous week.

Either way if it doesn't happen (which I'm getting more sure of by the second) then I'll be lol'ing really hard come January/February... This argument is getting pointless now, there's no way either of us will convince each other, so lets wait to see who's right shall we?

Oh my god e____e

Just last week I got so relieved when I realized the 9th picture in the Eevee promotion was just a group picture.

But I just noticed something...and it seems the ride starts again.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/story/

Now look closely at the shorts title on the right. The first word in yellow "Pikachu" (also evident by the pika-ears), and then "Eevee friends" as the title.
Notice how each symbol is a different colour?

Yes. Red, yellow, blue, brown (with an Eevee tail), pink...

Obviously representing all eeveelutions, first the original trio:
Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon
Then Eevee
Then the daylight duo, Espeon, Umbreon
Then the fresh most recent duo, Glaceon, Leafeon
Then PURPLE WITH 2 STARS.
e_________e?

Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket.

Someone debunk this one too please LOL
Im scared of silly eeveelutions made for the sake of pleasing fans..

EDIT: debunked.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
unless I'm really losing it, we already had info on those generations BEFORE the movies were released, wanna know why? Because the movies are based off the games.

You got it wrong, new pokemon always preceded the game announcement through the anime department, and as such indirectly did just that, signal that a new generation is almost ready and the games fully in works. Those 3 pokemon played that role for the past 3 generations.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
It matters because you somehow think that the pattern has been "broken" in BW, and it has not been broken yet if ever.

One more time,
Gen V was doomed to be short the moment they decided to milk the DS a bit longer. Patterns don't even enter this argument.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
good question, but I'm not really sure what you mean so I can't answer that.

You went on a random tangent that I didnt see any relation to what it was supposed to be replying to, so...dito.

Obviously representing all eeveelutions, first the original trio:
Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon
Then Eevee
Then the daylight duo, Espeon, Umbreon
Then the fresh most recent duo, Glaceon, Leafeon
Then PURPLE WITH 2 STARS.
e_________e?

Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket.

Someone debunk this one too please LOL
Im scared of silly eeveelutions made for the sake of pleasing fans.

Gladly!
The purple one with 2 stars is Espeon. If you read the 2 stars as a ", it translates to "Eevee Friends".
The pink bow is a break between 2 words. Because Eevee wears pink bows and pink bows are cute.

And with that, I retreat to my lair.

DNA said:
Gladly!
The purple one with 2 stars is Espeon. If you read the 2 stars as a ", it translates to "Eevee Friends".
The pink bow is a break between 2 words. Because Eevee wears pink bows and pink bows are cute.

And with that, I retreat to my lair.

Then why did they place Espeon on the end? It would make more sense to put Espeon before Umbreon, that fits with the Eeveelutions' order. If it really is a new Eeveelution, the popular theory is that it's Dragon type since the Eeveelutions seem to be covering all of the Special types before the physical/special split. IDK how I feel about a Dragon type Eeveelution, just throwing that out there.

Then why is Glaceon before Leafeon?
Besides, you could look at it as L/G being in between E/U.

I believe you're overthinking this. Either way, Espeon is not pink; it's purple. It's just having the Eeveelutions in a fun order. It appears to be alphabetical (the first 3, then the second 4), based on the first letters of their names, if you put the vowels at the end of the alphabet.

The logo implies that Eevee gets a pink = normal type eeveelution with butterfly wings in gen 6.

Wait if the red Genosect is shiny how is it faster shiny Pokemon`s stats are the same right how is it faster?

DNA said:
It's just having the Eeveelutions in a fun order. It appears to be alphabetical (the first 3, then the second 4), based on the first letters of their names, if you put the vowels at the end of the alphabet.

You're right about Espeon, but this definitely isn't alphabetical in any way. Quite frankly, the ordering they did is baffling.

Yep, sorry guys, false alarm xD

The ZU is definitely Espeon (who has never been pink anyway). The ribbon between words is just a stylistic detail. The stars are there to troll.

If you need proof, check out the exact same phrase without the ribbon here: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/short.php

Im glad actually. ; )

Teal said:
The logo implies that Eevee gets a pink = normal type eeveelution with butterfly wings in gen 6.
^
^
indeed

Bolt the Cat said:
DNA said:
It's just having the Eeveelutions in a fun order. It appears to be alphabetical (the first 3, then the second 4), based on the first letters of their names, if you put the vowels at the end of the alphabet.

You're right about Espeon, but this definitely isn't alphabetical in any way. Quite frankly, the ordering they did is baffling.

The names of the first three Eeveelutions (as given in the logo) start with Bu, Sa, and Sh(a) respectively.
The names of the second four Eeveelutions (again, by the logo) start with Bu, Gu, Ri, and E respectively.
So it's kinda alphabetical (with the respective groups), provided you put the vowels at the end of the alphabet.

DNA said:
Its not like the old games are ruined because of it.
No, that's exactly why I don't want them remade. They will be ruined. The Emerald Battle Frontier will be damaged forever and Hoenn's reputation will slide into the gutter.

but it allows new players to play a region that hasn't been compatible with the DS yet.
Boo new players.

That really doesn't make any sense. The nostalgia will be gone, but then you can play the old one instead for that. Remakes dont ruin the game that is currently in existence. They only update the new features and Pokemon and add a few things. Ruby and Sapphire will in no way be different, so I really dont see why you wouldnt want them to be remade. Now, if you were saying you dont want them because they would take up the spot for a potential different game, that would be fine. Also, the new players are what keep Pokemon alive, keep in mind. Without them, the franchise will die.

Also, the new players are what keep Pokemon alive, keep in mind. Without them, the franchise will die.
No, the old players that have been around since olden times are what keep Pokemon alive. New players have come and gone, and I've seen this a lot in the tourney scene - the number of Juniors and Seniors is only half as many as it was a few years ago, while the Masters Division has stayed about the same size. They try to market the game to new people, but whatever they are doing it is not working.
So you and anyone else who say that newer players are what keeps Pokemon alive are dead wrong about it.

That really doesn't make any sense. The nostalgia will be gone, but then you can play the old one instead for that. Remakes dont ruin the game that is currently in existence. They only update the new features and Pokemon and add a few things.
And in so doing they are making the older games obsolete. Now, for RBY and GSC, this might be due to the fact that the Pokemon stat system got reworked, but RSE has no such barrier. After playing the remakes LG and HG, I can honestly say that I dislike their originals more now because of them - with the exception of Blue because I can go back and catch the glitchmon and such. And the bad part is I used to love B and G; now I do not. (That might be due in part to the internal battery thing. I dunno.)

If they end up making an RSE remake, I fear I will end up hating the original and the remake will be stuffed full of new features that look new and innovative but in the end turn out to be really boring and dull - and if they do so much as dare botch the Battle Frontier like they did with Platinum and HGSS, there are going to be riots in the streets.

The worst part about all this is that TPCI seems to take this as a license to cheapen us until we have nothing left to cling on to, and we'll still take it in stride because we love playing with our long-loved critter friends.
So no, I do not ever wish to see TPCI step on a beloved childhood experience of mine and "remake" it. That said, I would not mind there being a newer game that would be a sequel, in the same vein as BW2 would be. But to remake RSE in the style of FRLG and HGSS would be downright unacceptable and an insult to the Hoenn region and those who loved it.

DNA said:
Also, the new players are what keep Pokemon alive, keep in mind. Without them, the franchise will die.
No, the old players that have been around since olden times are what keep Pokemon alive. New players have come and gone, and I've seen this a lot in the tourney scene - the number of Juniors and Seniors is only half as many as it was a few years ago, while the Masters Division has stayed about the same size. They try to market the game to new people, but whatever they are doing it is not working.
So you and anyone else who say that newer players are what keeps Pokemon alive are dead wrong about it.

That really doesn't make any sense. The nostalgia will be gone, but then you can play the old one instead for that. Remakes dont ruin the game that is currently in existence. They only update the new features and Pokemon and add a few things.
And in so doing they are making the older games obsolete. Now, for RBY and GSC, this might be due to the fact that the Pokemon stat system got reworked, but RSE has no such barrier. After playing the remakes LG and HG, I can honestly say that I dislike their originals more now because of them - with the exception of Blue because I can go back and catch the glitchmon and such. And the bad part is I used to love B and G; now I do not. (That might be due in part to the internal battery thing. I dunno.)

If they end up making an RSE remake, I fear I will end up hating the original and the remake will be stuffed full of new features that look new and innovative but in the end turn out to be really boring and dull - and if they do so much as dare botch the Battle Frontier like they did with Platinum and HGSS, there are going to be riots in the streets.

The worst part about all this is that TPCI seems to take this as a license to cheapen us until we have nothing left to cling on to, and we'll still take it in stride because we love playing with our long-loved critter friends.
So no, I do not ever wish to see TPCI step on a beloved childhood experience of mine and "remake" it. That said, I would not mind there being a newer game that would be a sequel, in the same vein as BW2 would be. But to remake RSE in the style of FRLG and HGSS would be downright unacceptable and an insult to the Hoenn region and those who loved it.

Ok, that might be your personal experience but that is not good for business. The card games are different than the games anyway. The cards bring in older people because of the skill it takes to play. The games are much different than that unless you are going to tournaments. I know personally, far more people that play the games over the cards and many of them are younger. And we are going to phase out eventually. You cant expect them to not market it to kids since it is a children's franchise.

And you are telling me you dislike the originals now because the new ones do a better job at making the game fun? I mean, that is really selfish to think that there shouldnt be new games because it ruins the old ones for you. You dont have to get the remake, you can keep playing your old game and the games will become obsolete one way or another. I actually like to still play Crystal and Blue version and I dont think that they are any worse because I also play the remakes of them. I understand where you are coming from, but its kind of stubborn and I cant agree with it.

TCPI is not trying to take anything from us. That is not their goal, and if it is, it doesnt make sense and its not working because its not like they recalled all of our Ruby and Sapphire games. Oh, and btw, I grew up with the old games but skipped RSE because I never had money to get the game. So as one of the 'older' group, I would love to see the game remade so I could experience it in full and with all updates making it compatible with my other games.

As for Genesect, I wont see the movie so I only really care about any hints towards the 6th generation. There may not be any and I'm not holding my breath but its the only thing that I care about for the movie. That and the event for the games.

I mean, that is really selfish to think that there shouldnt be new games because it ruins the old ones for you. You dont have to get the remake, you can keep playing your old game and the games will become obsolete one way or another.
Wow, thanks a lot. Way to ruin my childhood, you jerk.

Ok, that might be your personal experience but that is not good for business.
Pretty sure I already brought this up. I remember saying that I didn't want them to make a remake but I couldn't deny the possibility either...and that I wouldn't mind if it were a sequel instead.

The games are much different than that unless you are going to tournaments. I know personally, far more people that play the games over the cards and many of them are younger. And we are going to phase out eventually. You cant expect them to not market it to kids since it is a children's franchise.
That's true, but that doesn't mean they aren't linked - especially given the tourney scene. Many players that do only TCG tourneys or only VG end up crossing over into the other area as well eventually (I am one of them).

As for it being a children's franchise? It is, but I don't think it should be, not anymore, given how most of the crowd is, again, the people who stuck with it originally.

TCPI is not trying to take anything from us. That is not their goal, and if it is, it doesnt make sense and its not working because its not like they recalled all of our Ruby and Sapphire games.
Even though in the process they're making older games obsolete? I don't know if it's their goal or not, but it's definitely a side effect.

I understand where you are coming from, but its kind of stubborn and I cant agree with it.
I know. I don't expect you to agree with it either. I was just stating my viewpoint. At least you understand where I'm coming from, and that's all that matters to me.

Ill never udnerstand the "ruining someones childhood" thing...

but, however gamefreak decides to milk the Hoenn-nostalgia, Im sure it'll be something more creative than remakes..especially when the peak of the story cannot even be remade without Emerald, so either way its gonna be different in some way than previous copy&pastish kinds of remakes.

But we're discussing a 2015 or something matter here lol.

DNA said:
I mean, that is really selfish to think that there shouldnt be new games because it ruins the old ones for you. You dont have to get the remake, you can keep playing your old game and the games will become obsolete one way or another.
Wow, thanks a lot. Way to ruin my childhood, you jerk.

Ok, that might be your personal experience but that is not good for business.
Pretty sure I already brought this up. I remember saying that I didn't want them to make a remake but I couldn't deny the possibility either...and that I wouldn't mind if it were a sequel instead.

The games are much different than that unless you are going to tournaments. I know personally, far more people that play the games over the cards and many of them are younger. And we are going to phase out eventually. You cant expect them to not market it to kids since it is a children's franchise.
That's true, but that doesn't mean they aren't linked - especially given the tourney scene. Many players that do only TCG tourneys or only VG end up crossing over into the other area as well eventually (I am one of them).

As for it being a children's franchise? It is, but I don't think it should be, not anymore, given how most of the crowd is, again, the people who stuck with it originally.

TCPI is not trying to take anything from us. That is not their goal, and if it is, it doesnt make sense and its not working because its not like they recalled all of our Ruby and Sapphire games.
Even though in the process they're making older games obsolete? I don't know if it's their goal or not, but it's definitely a side effect.

I understand where you are coming from, but its kind of stubborn and I cant agree with it.
I know. I don't expect you to agree with it either. I was just stating my viewpoint. At least you understand where I'm coming from, and that's all that matters to me.

I dont know how I ruined your childhood... In fact, that concept doesnt make any sense. Your childhood happened and what is done is done. I cant ruin that and I cant change that. Nothing can. As far as it being a childs franchise. Its true that a lot of people stuck with Pokemon, but it will always be marketed towards kids. They might try and make it more mature, but its not for us anymore. At least its not meant to be. And the amount of people who attend tournaments for the games is a very small percentage of those who actually own and play the game. All you really have to do is look at the number of games sold and that tells you approximately how many people play the game (or at least got them as a gift). I still stand by the idea that it is meant for children and thus it should be marketed towards them. Just look at other franchises such as Transformers. It might not be marketed towards kids but they try to appeal to the younger new generations and that is what keeps the franchise alive. The generation of people it was introduced to is now older and cannot be relied on to keep moving it forward. That is why it is important to keep interest in the kids. Pokemon WILL die without the younger kids who continue to buy and play it. I'm sure I wont be playing forever but I dont want that to mean that others cant enjoy Pokemon.

I don't think the Genesect is actually turning purple at the end.

1. That doesn't make any sense.

2. It's just the light from the red Genesect's lazer that makes it appear to turn purple.

Back