(1) English Names for ‘CoroCoro’ Pokemon and Humans, New Trailer [7/13]

Pokequaza said:
Sky Pillar said:
Drain moves (except mega drain, leech life, and absorb) have 75 base pwr since Gen5 so they aren't triggered by technician anymore

Draining Kiss has a base power of 60, though.

oh nvm, I didn't know it had 60 bp.

Metalizard said:
Why does Westerns insist on avoiding Death references? Death Wing sounds so much BA.... Oblivion Wing is like the poor man's choice...

I DISAGREE!
"Oblivion Wing" is actually more powerful and threatening-sounding; between this and "Dark Aura", I'm actually getting a major Kingdom Hearts vibe from Yveltal.

As long as, like in the last few games, they don't omit references to "death" and "dead" completely, I'm good with it. In general, the English translations reduce the number of references to death, but don't get rid of them period like 4Kids does. It was actually a huge relief to find out that the "Ghetsis freezes you scene" from B2W2 wasn't actually censored.

I'm going to repeat myself again. When you watch the trailer and when Oblivion Wing is used. It looks like Yvetal is getting healed or bufffed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

If people are having any doubts about the names of the gym leaders, "Grant" is derived from "granite" (Rock-type) and "Clemont" contains the word "lemon" (just like Citron, this is a reference to lemons, which is likely a reference to his hair color and the type he uses, Electric).

So Grant's obviously a Rock Gym Leader. He's dressed and posed like a rock climber, has gems in his hair for some reason, him Gym is a cave, and his name sounds a lot like Granite. Clemont I guess is Electric because of the badge or whatever it was in the background of his battle portrait. I like Pangoro more now that I've seen it in-game. I'm really hoping for a Star Wars reference with the Holo Caster. Wonder Trade sounds potentially interesting, but I'm sure it'll all be the regional garbage rodent or something similar traded.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Has it been confirmed that Grant is a guy? Either way it's definitely a Rock-type Leader. Clemont is most likely an Electric-type Leader (AGAIN) since that solar energy dish thing is probably a reference to Helioptile/its evolution.

Augustine Sycamore... what happened to "Pah-TREES"?

Team Flare looks fabulous.

Rumor list has two professors Patrice and Sycamore, so I guess we can expect a Patrice

Where does a man get a name like Augestine? It's like naming a woman 'Jerry'.

My opinion on all the other names:
Meh.

Oh, and I actually like the name 'oblivion wing'. Not as good as death wing, but it's not bad either.

I like that the localization pretty much reaffirm almost everything the leak said...but I also am confused as to where people got that the Gym Leader Clemont uses a Helioptile? Can someone show where that's from?...Anyhoo, I hope we get to see the Starters evolutions and the other Mewtwo form soon...

Reggie McGigas said:
Where does a man get a name like Augestine? It's like naming a woman 'Jerry'.

Oh, and I actually like the name 'oblivion wing'. Not as good as death wing, but it's not bad either.

In languages with gender differences in names, it doesn't sound so ambiguous as in english does, for example, in spanish you have "agustin" and "agustina", one of those is female.

I wanted them to keep Death Wing... Oblivion sounds more like a super OP move for arceus.

arceus used oblivion!
your game got deleted!
idiot.

"The current mission objective for Team Flare is not known, but it appears that much of their goal is to make money by doing things such as selling Pokémon and fossils. It is unknown if they have a single boss. They tend to use Fire-type Pokémon, such as Houndour, in battle, and their team is represented by flame"

What if they are like poachers/drug dealers or something? stealing pokemon and selling them, destroying wildlife, small time crooks until they get their boss to unite them, upsetting the balances of life and death. what if they try to steal the main legendaries without understanding they are destroying the balance, causin a catastrophe?

DNA said:
jdivinity said:
The Wonder Trade feature excites me. Such a gamble lol

And then everyone sends over their Magnemites from BW2 that they stockpiled over GTS.
Maybe they'll have tiers of pokemon based on rarity and/or evolution. So if you put out a rare you'll get one back in return.

don()shinobi said:
Oblivion Wing is a disappointment. It's just a giant almost static death beam. Might as well have just been called Oblivion...it has nothing to do with wings...

I thought its animation was a little choppy as well. But I'm guessing these things aren't finalized

The thing that excites me the most from the english reveal is the confirmation of fossils. It's only in dialogue, but still I'm just glad I get more prehistoric mons.

I love the name change to Oblivion Wing! Oblivion is one of my favorite words, and it's such a cool thing to associate with Yveltal. Geomancy is also an acceptable change, though despite the fact I like Xerneas far more than Yveltal, that move's name isn't nearly as cool. The names for things that weren't already leaked are also good, like Turn Over becoming Topsy-Turvy.

Oblivion Wing and Geomancy are such amazing names for those moves. They make both Yveltal and Xerneas sound very tough.

The other names and information are all great. Grant could possibly be a Rock-type leader, while I am moving towards Electric for Clemont.

garbodorable said:
don()shinobi said:
Oblivion Wing is a disappointment. It's just a giant almost static death beam. Might as well have just been called Oblivion...it has nothing to do with wings...

I thought its animation was a little choppy as well. But I'm guessing these things aren't finalized

Nothing is finalized yet, but it looked to me like everything stands still when Yveltal uses Oblivion Wing, possibly for dramatic effect.

Like I said, nothing is finalized officially, so this could just be a filler animation to show in the trailer.

Wow looks lik X & Y are going to be amazing. About time they fixed the GTS to trade for unseen Pokemon. Took them long enough. They should have done it in 4th gen XD.:)

I am happy with all of the name choices. Glad the insider's predictions came to be revealed as true! I'm loving the new professor and evil team's name! Spritzee and Swirlix are very cute names.

This generation is going to be incredible.

Look at this:
http://rainoff.deviantart.com/art/Spritzee-evolution-384918616

could Spitzee be the nurse joy pokemon this generation??

It does "heal" and learn aromatheraphy :D

All of the newly revealed names are fantastic...i love the fact the gym leader names don't immediately scream what type they are.

This is definitely shaping up to be an amazing generation!

Back