(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people should stop posting fakemon on the internet. Who knows if some guy working for Game Freak might be scouring the forums and taking ideas?

Anyway. Here is what I think Fennekin's final form would be. It would probably be quadruped.

I mean, Viximon, Renamon, Kyubimon. Coincidence? Well maybe not, considering we haven't seen the final form yet, but I can guess that it would be similar to that.

2 of 3 starters in each generation does not have their front limbs touch the ground. I am unsure about serperior, considering that serperiors don't have front limbs, but I lump that in there too.

Basing off that fact, there is probably going to be one final evolution of the gen 6 starters whose front limbs will touch the ground, or sometimes touch the ground.

halfrican said:
xayshade said:
yes educational

for 6-10 year olds. Most 6-10 year olds don't understand that much.

It's not that big of a deal. It's not the crime of a century, it's a video game/card game/kid's show.

You're tryna kill a fly with a missile.
Meh. If ice weren't underpowered, I wouldn't care how silly its weaknesses and resistances are. I totally get your point, I'm just saying that ice shouldn't be as bad as it is. I want to be able to use the type without gimping myself, and there are logical ways it could be fixed. That's all. I think there are things in the type chart that make less sense than the things I'm mentioning, but at least those types are balanced.

You're totally right about it not being a big deal. It's a moot point anyways, cuz it ain't changin.

I tend to find that whole "underpowered overpowered" thing a bit much

I mean sometimes it depends on what your strategy is a lot more than types. Some types are going to get the short end of the stick, so it will depend on the trainer ya feel me?

I mean,grass pokemon always get the short end of the stick but i still pick them every gen. And believe me I win just as much as anyone else can.

Which is why when i hear this "balance this balance that" speech and the 5 paragraph essays on which type should have what, and this half baked explanation from game freak, I side eye it

GamerXYZ said:
Ohman177 said:
2. On a serious note, you people wanted Fenniken to be psychic. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU PLANNED ON THIS HAPPENING??? I mean really. Go ahead. Give me a logical explanation better than this amazing bipedal witch.

They don't need to be "in your face!" with it. Less is more. For instance, could you just imagine how hilariously ridiculous Girafarig would be if they made it bipedal and made it look like a witch-giraffe?

Girafarig is not inspired on a witch. Mismagius is, and oh! she has a witch's hat and flies. I hope the stick to be a wand, it would make sense if she learns psycho cu... THAT'S WHY SHE LEARNS PSYCHO CUT! I bet that when the official site updates, there will be something about her using twigs to focus her mind powers or something... the "broom" is just another (rather brilliant, if I can say so) witch reference.

I just realized, this news on team flare show the true theme of the games, beauty / ugliness.

- the introduction of fairy type (fairies are mainly perceived as cute creatures, technicalities aside) to fight dragons (not exactly very cute pokemon, in general) and dark (same case).
- the contrast between mewtwo X and mewtwo Y, one very feminine and the other overly masculine.
- the fossils, a rugged t-rex and a vey cute and innocent looking sauropod.
- the mega evos, half are more badass/ugly (lucario, blaziken, blastoise, garchomp oh so much), and half becomes more delicate, feminine and streamlined (mawile, ampharos, absol, charizard)
- the legendaries: a magnificent fairy deer and an evil looking, all around asskicking bird.
- team flare (also a word to describe stuff in fashion, right? or at least flair) are a bunch of very well (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) dressed people... okay, I cant say that... let's say fashion conscious people who apparently want to make the world a more beautiful place (beauty) but they are all about money and greed (ugliness of the soul).
- the fact that gender dimorphism now extends to learnsets, with meowstick being either a supportive female or an aggressive male, also, their designs.
- the fact that now player appearance will be important in the game.
- the poodle pokemon uses beauty as a medium to bring changes, we'll see if those are just forms or more than that.
- you can now pet and groom your pokemon and get rewarded for that (as a means to show the beauty in the trainer's soul), let's hope the opposite can happen too.

This is now oficially my favorite generation.

1. that's not a mono brow it just head fur, by your logic chespin also had a monobrow
2. its a nose that is just like Chespin's except extended, welcome to mammals
3. please define Creepy, they are eyes with white edges and black pupils, cartoon characters 101.

I realize this is just how you two feel, and if anything I respect the idea that people just feel ways about things, but I can't stand unwarranted slander.

in the end it doesn't matter because I was always going to pick froakie, but to be honest if there any thing to complain about in the design of pokemon, Hariboogu is not on the list, and Im sorry I can't let this go but my god have you seen those butt ugly cats!

For the metagame folks. Had bad is it for Ice and Dark types now? Ice types are the same now but recent events have people thinking it got worst besides them being the same still. I'm aware of metagame but cant tell ya much about it lol,Just looking for peoples thoughts about it to understand it more.

I like Chespin's evo. It resembles like “coated” Pignite. :D I also like the Froakie's evo. It seems cool. I hope, the final evo will look like a wise professor (with the glasses-like fur on the nose).
Some of you, guys, wrote something in the sense, they'd like the water/flying final evo of Froakie with the fur in function of floating Froakie in the air. It isn't very heppy idea, with this coloration, it'd ended like Altaria…
Also water/lightning isn't really great because of Chinchou (no more Pokémon with zapped eyes +_+)

Back to my opininon: I don't really like Fennekin's evo, especially with the “twig” in it's tail; it really looks like they want make it some witch from it (and we already have Kadabra, which is based on goats/foxes…)
Oh, Kadabra, why the TCG designers hate you?

Ahh, back to presence.
New Meag Mewtwo… I don't really like it. The “old” Mega is much better.
Mega Garchomp? The new patterns/spikes on upper part of its chest seems like tron T-Shirt, which is enhanced with the bare chest. And the Scyther-like scythes on its hands… 50/50

The scans on Beach's front page are in some cases too small, but if I read correctly, it seems, tha fire types finally get some resistances, don't they? I hope, they reflect this fact in the TCG, too. It is unfair, that grass starters obtain time-to-time water resistance, whilst the other two don't have any (althoug Marshtomp and Swampert should have lightning resistance).

I now wonder, how many Pokémon can we totally get in this upcoming generation. It seems, with the Mega evos, it could be around 120, whaddya think?

Do the Mega's obtain their own Pokédex number or will it be something like “formes” like by Burmy/Wormadam and other “splitted” mons? How many Megas we get? I started to be excited… oh, yeah, and… finally

I love Meowstick. ♥_♥

NotSeen said:
Do the Mega's obtain their own Pokédex number or will it be something like “formes” like by Burmy/Wormadam and other “splitted” mons? How many Megas we get? I started to be excited… oh, yeah, and… finally

I love Meowstick. ♥_♥

I think it was confirmed that the Megas don't get Pokedex numbers since you can only get them outside of regular game-play.

xayshade said:
I mean sometimes it depends on what your strategy is a lot more than types. Some types are going to get the short end of the stick, so it will depend on the trainer ya feel me?

I mean,grass pokemon always get the short end of the stick but i still pick them every gen. And believe me I win just as much as anyone else can.

Which is why when i hear this "balance this balance that" speech and the 5 paragraph essays on which type should have what, and this half baked explanation from game freak, I side eye it

I just have to agree with you on this. Some types will always be shadowed by others (poor Grass, though..) and I must agree with your Grass-type reference too. That hasn't stopped me from using the starters, though!

- The new Mega Mewtwo is more acceptable to me than the previously shown one. This one looks more like what could be called "Mewthree". Which is more along the lines of what I would hope for. One mega seems to take more from Mew (get smaller and more streamlined), and the other amplifies Mewtwo's characteristics (I am assuming this one is taller than Mewtwo, because it looks like it is).

- Mega Garchomp looks pretty decent. It is kinda scary looking, as it should be. Definitely has some whispers of Zielo's joke image in it, but not as intense. Funny timing on that one!

- The starter evolutions look acceptable. The second stages are always the awkward teenager phase, so I'll leave full judgment until after I see their next evolutionary form. My favorite out of the three of these is Froakie's evolution.

- Loving the t-rex idea, and the other fossil Pokemon looks pretty interesting too. I like Meowstick and Torimian a lot. Meowstick seems to be the cat of this gen while Torimian mimics the idea of a poodle judging from how you can trim it's fur.

Dual type moves! This will be really interesting. Additionally, I just want to say I am really happy about all of the character customization features in this game! I'm glad they are allowing you to inject your personality into the games with this generation.

My take on this
-Mega Mewtwo X
Wow, somehow they managed to do this worse then Mega Mewtwo Y. It's just... messed up. D-
- Mega Garchomp
Probally one of the better megas, the design could have been alot worse but it's not bad. A-
Fennekin's Evo
The design looks great but the tail really drives me off. B
Froakie's evo
The best out of the 3. I like how it looks laid back with it's eyes. A-
Chespin's evo
So what is it? A mole-ball? Yeah, I'll pass. C+
Chigorasu
Yes! I wanted to see a fossil T-Rex pokemon. Rock/Dragon seems like a cool type combo. A
Amarusu
It looks cool, but to simple of a design. If this doesn't envolve into something, I'm not intrested. B
Torimian
Actually pretty cool. I like how you can groom it, what a creative idea! A
Meowstick
Ahh, it seems like we have another Talonflame/Gogoat. Cool design, but it bears a terrible and uncreative name. A-
Team Flare Stuff
So wait, first they want money, now they want a new world? Either Team Galactic is controlling them within or Nintendo forgot about their earlier announcement, or WPM mistranslated. B-
X and Y TCG
Cool. I would have prefered Fairy having a new mechanic (example: it can only attack using special energy), but a basic energy isn't bad either. A-
Mysterious Treasures
I like what they are doing here, and I want that chandelure ex. A

I still can't hold the perfection that is Chespin's evolution. Manly tears are shed. Thank you based GameFreak.

Here's a question, how will the fossil Pokemon be distributed? I was hoping it be like Emerald, sure you picked this one fossil, but if you do a side story you can get the fossil you didn't pick. Or will it be like Platinum and BW/2 where you are able to collect fossils through different means?

And I am surprised there hasn't been details on other legends for X/Y since usually we'd at least hear some details about them. I was hoping for a trio master, like Ho-Oh and Lugia. Lugia had the Trio birds and Ho-Oh had the Beasts, so maybe it'll tie into it, maybe?

I can't wait for the next month!

Since there are 2 mega evolutions for Mewtwo now, it makes me wonder why only one of them was included in the Genesect movie. Many kind of kicked the bucket on the fact that a second mega evolution or "form" (since we didn't know about mega evolution before the movie) might emerge for Mewtwo and now it pops up on CoroCoro. Didn't see that one coming.

I am so happy to see the new Corocoro scans. Chespin is the starter I'm getting, his evo looks funny too. The other starters look cool too. Mega Mewtwo X was an eye opener for me and Mega Garchomp looks ready to kill. The new pokemon are very interesting. I hope that Geomancy, Parting Shot, and Oblivion Wing are dual-type moves. Team Flares motives remind me of Team Plasma and Team Galactic in a way. Fairy type sees to be the most OP thing now XD. Already pre-ordered Pokemon X, time needs to speed up for this game.

Looking back at the Chespin evolution, I'm warming up to it. I guess this does justify Chespin learning Rollout, too.

It looks like it's time to give my monthly CoroCoro grades!

Mega Garchomp: The thing just looks like a beast. Those blades look sick and the spikes are a nice touch. As powerful as Garchomp is, I can only imagine this guy's stats. Grade: A+

Chespin Evo: My first reaction when I saw this guy was that it had to be a joke. It just looks so...goofy. I don't see how in the world he's gonna turn into a Grass/Dark, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it his evolution is Grass/Ground, due to him learning Mud Shot. Though he has grown on me a bit, I just think he looks a little TOO funny. Grade: B-

Fennekin Evo: *Sigh.* I sure was hoping it would be a quadruped. I don't hate the design, but I'm a little underwhelmed. The stick in its tail just looks bizarre, and it looks very feminine. Not at all what I would have thought. Grade: B

Froakie Evo: I find it odd that my least favorite starter evolves into my favorite of the 3. I can definitely see him being some sort of ninja, and I really like everything about his design. It's a little plain, but I'm sure that'll change once he evolves. Grade: A

Mega Mewtwo X: This is how I would have wanted a Mega Mewtwo to look, and I got my wish. Psychic/Fighting is an interesting combination, and the design isn't too bad. The feet look weird, but I prefer it to the Y version. Grade: B+

Meowstick: Cute. I like the male version a lot, but the female one doesn't look too bad. Grade: A-

Dog Thing: The design doesn't offend me. The whole customization thing seems incredibly pointless, but I've seen worse gimmicks. Grade: B-

T-Rex. Now THIS is a Fossil Pokemon! Definitely my favorite Fossil in a while, both design and type. We don't have a Dragon/Rock yet, and the Ability is very interesting. He just looks so awesome! Can't wait to see his evolution! Grade: A++

Ice Dinosaur: I really like this one as well. His ability is certainly intriguing at the very least, although his typing (Rock/Ice) makes him quite brittle. His design is nice, although I don't quite like it as much as the T-Rex. Once again, can't wait for the evolution. Grade: A-

The Verdict: While the starter evolutions kind of disappointed me, the Fossil Pokemon and the Megas more than make up for it. Plus, these are just the 2nd forms, so the 3rd might turn out to be awesome. I really like Meowstick's gender difference, so that's another positive.
OVERALL GRADE: A-

My post got removed so I'm going to redo it with more opinions:
2. On a serious note, you people wanted Fenniken to be psychic. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU PLANNED ON THIS HAPPENING??? I mean really. Go ahead. Give me a logical explanation better than this amazing bipedal witch.
Also, the "random stick" is not random. It's makes a broom when combined with the tale, alluding to the witch theme even more.
3. Chespin is fine. You guys are overreacting. He is meant to be the defensive one so it makes sense for him to be thicker.
4. They just completely messed with my head though. Making Froakie the slim one and chespin the chubby one. Didn't see that coming based on the first forms haha.
5. That new Jaw move for the amazing T-rex. I'm seeing a trend. First the pulse one. Now this. Coupled with the ones we already have like iron fist. I think they are going to categorize every single move.
6. THAT BLUE DINO! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!
7. I'm going to be honest and sort of genwunnery when I say the cats don't look like pokemon. I LOVE THEM THOUGH. But just the design and the way it's drawn looks more like a thing from a cartoon. Idk. Although they have been changing their art style for this generation so I think it's normal.
8. Very disappointed in there being no changes to ice. I don't care about any other type changes.
9. Still no MegaTropius and MegaLapras. I'm concerned.
10. OK I NOTICED SOMETHING STRANGE. It states that the new mewtwo gets steadfast. OK, ok cool. BUT WAIT. Then it says the other form gets Hypnosis. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR IT TO HAVE A FORM EXCLUSIVE MOVE IF IT'S ONLY EVER AVAILABLE DURING BATTLE? Wouldn't that mean both forms are capable of having it if they simply added it to the original mewtwo's moveset? But that doesn't seem to be what they mean.... Could the mega stone your pokemon is holding alter its movepool????
11. Team flare is the pokemon version of the Akatsuki. Just think about it. Collecting money up front, but secretly planning to make a perfect world.

billi1000 said:
Since there are 2 mega evolutions for Mewtwo now, it makes me wonder why only one of them was included in the Genesect movie. Many kind of kicked the bucket on the fact that a second mega evolution or "form" (since we didn't know about mega evolution before the movie) might emerge for Mewtwo and now it pops up on CoroCoro. Didn't see that one coming.
Perhaps the Mega Mewtwos have a big part to play in the game's plot, so they had a reason for not revealing both in the movie. ^^

I REALLY like the new Mega Mewtwo and am happy it's for X. Also, after a few hours the starter evos are growing on me and I think they're all awesome. LOVE the new Pokemon and can't wait to see more evolutions! This gen is really stellar. <3 Team Flare will make interesting villains!

The blue dino looks like it is fake. I can't comprehend that it is an actual Pokémon. It looks like a denpamon or just cheap chinese fake Pokémon thingy on a fake game, or something a beginner fakemon artist whipped up in five minutes. Like how can a Pokémon even look fake? It's certainly the first I see this way. I blame the ridiculous eyes and crystal body color.

Ugh, I didn't cover everything. :I

TWIN KITTIES:
Holy mother of CUTE.

NEW TYPING:
Steel is no longer a giant defense box.
It's a smaller defense box. OF BOXES.
ICE. Y U REMAIN SUCKY.
Fairies are now confirmed to murder dragons.
AND DRAGONS CAN'T HIT BACK.

SHEEPDOG:
I can now design the perfect sheepdog.
I AM A GROOMER.

LADY THAT HELPS YOU OUT WITH DESIGNING CHARACTER:
I can now be fabulous.
Forever

TEAM FLARE:
Instead of one man running the show, we have five people.
Prepare for trouble.
Make it.....something.....that makes sense....I need time to work on this.

Overall.
My body is so ready.
It's over-ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back