(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/eng99/eng99249.htm

Seriously though. I don't even know what I'm trying to prove anymore. Ice just shouldn't be weak to everything. Like I was saying before, ice is BETTER at eroding rock than water is. It has a stronger case for super effective status. I'm even fine with metal staying super effective, but fighting and rock are just backwards.

Elbow said:
The doy-guy has 3 other forms if you look to the left of his feature, one is orange, one is blue, one is pink. Those don't colors don't remind of a seasonal color change like sawsbuck. What do you think it is?

that's from taking it to the groomers

halfrican said:

Seriously though. I don't even know what I'm trying to prove anymore. Ice just shouldn't be weak to everything. Like I was saying before, ice is BETTER at eroding rock than water is. It has a stronger case for super effective status. I'm even fine with metal staying super effective, but fighting and rock are just backwards.

I'm going to stop you right there

You are trying to employ science to Pokemon, when tactics like "Thunder Armor" and "attack the horn" are able to work

You are going to have a headache. 10 year olds care not for errosion.

You can break ice with rocks, and super strong punches. Keep it simple

xayshade said:
halfrican said:

You are trying to employ science to Pokemon, when tactics like "Thunder Armor" and "attack the horn" are able to work

I know, I know. All I'm saying is ithat it's easier, according to science, to break rocks with ice. And when you're fighting in the cold, it's not going to work that well for you. The other way around makes more sense. You can break all kinds of things with fists, but according to the world records in breaking, it is HARDER to break ice bricks than stone/concrete/wooden ones. That's all I'm saying. Comparing a really strong person to a really weak piece of ice simply isn't fair.

Besides, pokemon's whole gimmick used to be that it was subversively educational. You learn about the relationships of things in science, you practice reading, you expand your vocabulary, the card game reinforces simple math, etc.

jynxed said:
The twig in Fennevo's tail must serve a purpose and my guess is that now that it's bipedal it's going to use that stick as a sword and become Fire/Fighting. No jokes. I'm serious - it's a possibility. That leaker has gotten some stuff wrong so the final evo's typings could be among that misinformation. I'm guessing Grass/Ground, Fire/Fighting, and Water.

NO! it looks more like a broomstick for the love of pie no more fire fighting type starter evos it stopped being cool in gen 4

3uihha.jpg

This is pretty much how I felt when I saw the starters' evolutions.
Fennekin's seems to be the best of these three. The fact it's bipedal almost screams Fire/Fighting, but Psycho Cut... I'm still hoping it's going to be Fire/Psychic :D Anyone knows which stage are these? Secondaries or finals?

New Pokemon...I want this blue dino fossil! And the psycho kitty. Pokemon with visible gender differences have a special place in my heart.

A poodle Pokemon! But I'm afraid that the customization is going to be the only perk of having it.

Mewtwo's second Mega Evolution... a bit over the top. They'd be better off with leaving it with just one.

Concluding: Of starters and M2 X, I'd think as blatant fakes if they weren't from CoroCoro. But I'm still getting Y and choosing Fennekin as a starter. Witch-tastic fire fox Pokemon? All my want. I'm totally getting Y. I've managed to warm up to Mewtwo Y, Yveltal and Spritzee (however I liked Swirlix more). I'll even bear with Skrelp, which I think of as an ugliest Pokemon ever to be released.

Oh my god. Fennekin becomes a witch.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Best starter ever.

Chespin's evolutions reminds me of something out of a Studio Ghibli movie, which is never bad. I like it the most out of the three evolutions. It is an unexpected evolution, yet it makes completely sense.

halfrican said:
xayshade said:

I know, I know. All I'm saying is ithat it's easier, according to science, to break rocks with ice. And when you're fighting in the cold, it's not going to work that well for you. The other way around makes more sense. You can break all kinds of things with fists, but according to the world records in breaking, it is HARDER to break ice bricks than stone/concrete/wooden ones. That's all I'm saying. Comparing a really strong person to a really weak piece of ice simply isn't fair.

Besides, pokemon's whole gimmick used to be that it was subversively educational. You learn about the relationships of things in science, you practice reading, you expand your vocabulary, the card game reinforces simple math, etc.

yes educational

for 6-10 year olds. Most 6-10 year olds don't understand that much.

It's not that big of a deal. It's not the crime of a century, it's a video game/card game/kid's show.

You're tryna kill a fly with a missile.

xayshade said:
halfrican said:

yes educational

for 6-10 year olds. Most 6-10 year olds don't understand that much.

It's not that big of a deal. It's not the crime of a century, it's a video game/card game/kid's show.

You're tryna kill a fly with a missile.
Meh. If ice weren't underpowered, I wouldn't care how silly its weaknesses and resistances are. I totally get your point, I'm just saying that ice shouldn't be as bad as it is. I want to be able to use the type without gimping myself, and there are logical ways it could be fixed. That's all. I think there are things in the type chart that make less sense than the things I'm mentioning, but at least those types are balanced.

You're totally right about it not being a big deal. It's a moot point anyways, cuz it ain't changin.

halfrican said:

Yes however erosion is rarely done because of pure water its done because of particles immersed in the water and ice, I mean glacier erode because there are tons of ice forcing sand along the ground. Meanwhile Im pretty sure Pokemon is all about quick impacts, what are ice pokemon going to do, go up to rock pokemon and tell them to sit still while they painfully rub against them for a few hours?

yes I agree, its silly to think Ice could become more viable than it already is.

Chespin's evolution looks like a Shelgon with a face :I

Still getting Chespin, Grass-types rule.

Fennekin's evolution looks awful in my opinion. I was expecting an elegant fox, not a bipedal thing. Sorry for those who like it, I just don't really think that was the best idea.

Froakie's evo is the only one that looks decent to me. Froakie's my second favorite starter, so I guess that's okay.

I'm liking the newer Pokemon though--the dinosaur actually looks cool. Hopefully we'll have more than a generic Rampardos. The other dinosaur looks really neat actually, I might think about getting it. The Ice-type Normalize ruins it for me, though. Look were Delcatty got. Torimian looks really neat, and the ability will be great. I might get that Pokemon, too. It depends on if it gains another type. The Pokemon does learn a Fairy-type move.

Grass still didn't get a buff. I don't care if it's not as important as Bug, Ice, or Poison--Grass-types are my specialty. I was hoping it would get a better offensive presence by taking away some resistances (Steel, why couldn't you let Grass go?). Oh well.

Can people stop squabbling about why Ice-type is Gimped? It's annoying to find that someone posted and realise it's not adding much to the discussion. Take it to PMs ore something. Geez.

I just wanna rub it in the faces of those that made fun of Froakie.
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? BAHAHAHAHAHA- ME, THAT'S WHO!

Chespin's evolution is probably the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen! What a unibrow! And Fennekin's? Look at the spaghetti arms on that thing! You could make a coat out of its ear hair! XD

I knew Froakie was the coolest. >:eek:

Gyaaah. The more I look at Chespin's evo... I just cant... maybe once I see it in battle my mind will change. I just really, really hope the final looks amazing. Its not even just that its fat that turns me off, the overall face in general.. the weird nose and creepy eyes are just plain weird to me. T^T

Sheriff_K said:
PS. Mega Garchomp, wtf is that? I had seen a joke pic/meme the other day of a guy who used MS Paint to add spikes to Garchomp, and this looks EXACTLY the same! >_<

That would be me.

MegaGarchomp_zps4f1a9cd7.png

All I did was add tons of extra spikes, more teeth, and added more red and yellow. I accidentally and completely unintentionally got parts of it right. ._.

Spammy said:

I remember there were some people making fun of poor Froakie's appearance when we first saw it, saying that it didn't compare to Fennekin and Chespin.
Froakie now completely destroys the other two, hands down.
I kinda remember the same with Oshawott, it was really made fun of, but then when the sheet with Dewott leaked, everyone got excited at the prospect of a ninja otter which was then made awful by Samurott

Moral of the story:
Water starters always end up better than you think they will.

Spammy said:

Chespin's evolution is probably the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen! What a unibrow! And Fennekin's? Look at the spaghetti arms on that thing! You could make a coat out of its ear hair! XD

I knew Froakie was the coolest. >:eek:

I still like Chespin :D

I'm hoping that Chespin's evolution is just an equivalent to Shelgon. Maybe Chespin's final evolution will be great!

I don't like Froakie, but I like its evolution. This is just like Oshawott/Dewott for me. I can agree that I don't like Fennekin's evolution, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back