(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually somewhat agree that the blue dino and the cats do look kinda fake. However, not in a bad way. Theyre kind of one of those fakes you look at and think, "Damn, I wish those were real!" At least to me. They look really good and I'd be happy to have them on my team even if the dino has a horrible typing.

As for Chespins evo.... it's still kinda really hard for me to look at but I may warm up to it. I'm really hoping that it's just the pose its in that makes it look so silly. Maybe if it were in a different pose, the angling of the nose and eyes won't look so bad... here's hoping that this is in fact a Shellgon type situation where it's being built up for something awesome (although I don't particularly care for Salamence but you get the picture.)
I'm hoping it might look as good as it does in Teals new avatar.

As of now, my favorite starter (Fennekin) has my least favorite mid-evolution, and my least favorite (Froakie) has my favorite. Chespin is in the middle. What was GameFreak thinking making Fennekin evolve into a biped? Ugh. The Chespin evolution is just... derpy. Derpier than Stunfisk (I actually love Stunfisk) The Froakie evolution is the only winner in my opinion. But we'll just have to wait for the final evolutions.

Has anyone ever seen these fakemon before?
shiny_cat_pokemon_by_Sakuyamon.png

When I first saw the new cats I thought of these. Just kinda thought it resembled them somewhat.

As far as the cats go, did anyone notice that the female does have a little French style to it? The tufts on the hair and neck remind of me a beret and a scarf, and it kinda looks like its wearing a little dress too. Love the designs for both.

At first, I didn't like Chespin's evolution, but it's growing on me! Hopefully he'll evolve into something amazing. :p

I'm loving the cat pokemon. The blue dino is adorable! They're definitely my favorite 'mons that have been revealed.

Overall i really like everything that was announced today; can't wait to know more soon!

Ohman177 said:
My post got removed so I'm going to redo it with more opinions:
1. My first impression of the starters (No I'm not racist I just have a sense of humor): Chespin just went full chubby Mexican ( I actually know someone who he looks like. It's quite hilarious to him haha). Either way. Froakie is the suave Italian mobster who doesn't take shit from nobody and constantly applies hairspray. Fenniken is the crafty and clever Asian who can beat your ass in multiply ways. You just don't know it.

I'm going to repeat myself because either you did not see my post or you do not respect the boundaries of others that are not your friends

You saying you are not racist does not make you less or more racist, and it doesn't make this statement any less racist either.

You having a friend approving of your racism makes it no less racist. Having a friend that finds it funny you are comparing someone to a chestnut chipmunk does not change a thing. Still offensive.

Racism is not funny. This statement is not funny. It is racist. And you repeating it makes me think you don't care who it offends, aslong as you have someone backing you.

xayshade said:
Ohman177 said:
1. My first impression of the starters (No I'm not racist I just have a sense of humor): Chespin just went full chubby Mexican ( I actually know someone who he looks like. It's quite hilarious to him haha). Either way. Froakie is the suave Italian mobster who doesn't take shit from nobody and constantly applies hairspray. Fenniken is the crafty and clever Asian who can beat your ass in multiply ways. You just don't know it.

I'm going to repeat myself because either you did not see my post or you do not respect the boundaries of others that are not your friends

You saying you are not racist does not make you less or more racist, and it doesn't make this statement any less racist either.

You having a friend approving of your racism makes it no less racist. Having a friend that finds it funny you are comparing someone to a chestnut chipmunk does not change a thing. Still offensive.

Racism is not funny. This statement is not funny. It is racist. And you repeating it makes me think you don't care who it offends, aslong as you have someone backing you.
I fail to see how that is racist.

xayshade said:
Ohman177 said:

Lol it's funny because in no way is this racist. You obviously don't know what racism is. In comedy (something quite interesting. You should look it up), making fun of stereo types is funny and obviously not serious. What is ever more funny is the fact that I'm not insulting a single person here. If anything, I'm giving them compliments. SUAVE italian. CELEVER AND CRAFTY Asian. Are you mad at the chubby mexican part? Because no where did I say all Mexicans were chubby. Just that some were, and I know a few who look like Chespin. Calm your tits you are literally over exaggerating in the most ridiculous ways possible.

Ohman177 said:
xayshade said:

Lol it's funny because in no way is this racist. You obviously don't know what racism is.

Guys, can we please not turn this thread into a flame war about what's racist, and what's not?

Zielo said:
I actually somewhat agree that the blue dino and the cats do look kinda fake.
True. The cats look like they were the mascots from another videogame. I like the cats, but the blue dino is just weird and I'm not sure what to think about it. Hopefully it looks more... normal in the games.

Ohman177 said:
Lol it's funny because in no way is this racist. You obviously don't know what racism is.

Get back on topic. The comment was obviously distasteful since you were confronted about it. Cut the crap.

You should never inject race into something like that. It's insensitive and uncalled for. End of story. You can describe things much better without stooping to such low levels.

98Greener said:
Ohman177 said:

Guys, can we please not turn this thread into a flame war about what's racist, and what's not?
I editted the comment you replied to in this comment. I feel it explains myself even more. I am an African American Muslim and am 100% sure that I know what's racist and what isn't.

Ohman177 said:
98Greener said:
I editted the comment you replied to in this comment. I feel it explains myself even more. I am an African American Muslim and am 100% sure that I know what's racist and what isn't.

I noticed.
I just don't want any flame wars.
Back on topic, I guess.

I'm confused...
Why're you guys calling the cats Meowstick?
I mean--
They don't look like evolved cats. o-o
So... Aren't they Espurr?

And--
I've grown used to Froakie and Fennekin's evolutions... But Chespin's will take a while.

Chespin's evo reminds me of Pignite and I loved Pignite sooo... I love it. But, I'm still choosing Froakie who looks really great! I like Fennekin's evo too, possible witch/fox final evo?

The kitties I liked. The customizable dog like thing is AMAZING. I have been waiting for Pokemon customization to be in a Pokemon game.

The fossil Pokemon are really adorable. I can't decide which I like more...

MEGA GARCHOMP <333 Never liked Garchomp too much but the Mega version looks beautiful. MegaMewtwo X is okay.

It looks like we will have lots of customization options for our character which I'm happy to see.

JUST ONE MORE MONTH

Oh my god. Have I said something bad about a single race? This is truely ridiculous. I said Italians were Suave. And even though it's a joke, it is still a compliment. And Asians being cunning and crafty. And I never said every single Mexican was chubby. I give up. I don't know how to delete my comments so can a Mod do it for me.

Edit: Also, I'm warming up to the cats now haha.

Ohman177 said:
xayshade said:

Lol it's funny because in no way is this racist. You obviously don't know what racism is. In comedy (something quite interesting. You should look it up), making fun of stereo types is funny and obviously not serious. What is ever more funny is the fact that I'm not insulting a single person here. If anything, I'm giving them compliments. SUAVE italian. CELEVER AND CRAFTY Asian. Are you mad at the chubby mexican part? Because no where did I say all Mexicans were chubby. Just that some were, and I know a few who look like Chespin. Calm your apple juice you are literally over exaggerating in the most ridiculous ways possible.

I'm going to say this again because you do not seem to understand

You do not seem to understand respecting people's boundaries. especially for the sake of your "jokes". You seem to not respect the fact that it offended people, or even someone, aslong as you think it sounds "funny".

Racism is not funny. You do not get to class what is racism or not. You do not get to call what offends people or not. Anytime you find yourself saying "i'm not racist but..." what you are saying is racist.

The fossils are amazing. Love the T-rex. Meowstick is cool. Poodle is okay. Really like the starter evos, even Chespin. It fits after I got used to it. Mega Mewtwo two and Mega Garchomp are pretty cool too.

Well it's official froakie is going to go all samurott on us and chespins going to end up as boss as charizard and blastoise fennekin i am just fine with so yeah i don't know which I will choose.

I'm mexican and I laughed at his comment, don't turn this into a lecture,
anyway to be honest I would rather have those fakemon cats over the new ones because good design or not they have better and visually appeasing colors schemes, really I don't even have to say they are appealing, they just don't make my eyes want to barf.

It doesn't matter if you laughed at it, it doesn't make it acceptable to everyone else.

We don't accept any kind of discriminatory comments here, regardless of their intentions. Like I said, he could have explained himself much better without repeatedly injecting race into the topic for no good reason.

No further discussion on race in this thread. If you have something else to say about it, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back