(1) 'Collection X' and 'Collection Y' Leaking, Scans and Translations! [12/11]

Love those FA cards <3
But I'm a collector so I don't understand the whole 'this is playable/unplayable' thing.

Riraito said:
Love those FA cards <3
But I'm a collector so I don't understand the whole 'this is playable/unplayable' thing.

It just means if it's a good card to play in the actual TCG or not, it suggests that from the words.

Milhouse said:
Riraito said:
Love those FA cards <3

It just means if it's a good card to play in the actual TCG or not, it suggests that from the words.

I know, but I wonder what makes a card playable or not. Should've been clearer, sorry.

But I can't wait to see some of those FA cards being pulled by people. I won't be getting my boxes very soon >.<

Riraito said:
Milhouse said:

I know, but I wonder what makes a card playable or not. Should've been clearer, sorry.

But I can't wait to see some of those FA cards being pulled by people. I won't be getting my boxes very soon >.<

I am not much of a TCG player either, but it's just a mix of which cards are prevelant in the meta at the moment, how the card synergises with other cards in the format, and other factors as well. A few of the new Trainer cards are extremely valuable. Red Card is a big one because it cripples, or at least blocks a few cards which rely on item cards to be useful.

I've ordered 4x X and 4x Y from Japan, can't wait.

Generally with the cards that are actually pokemon, they are playable based on how cost efficient there attacks are in relation to how much damage they do, but it also depends on what kind of energy acceleration is available, and how much hp the pokemon has, and whether there attacks hit a "magic number" for damage (usually at least 2HKO'ing every playable pokemon is the goal). There area a few other things, such as whether they can disrupt the other persons strategy, or in the case of supporters it depends on how much easier they make it for you to set up. There are a lot of factors and it's kind of hard to explain, but hopefully that covers the bases.

On another note, more relevant to the article, I like the raichu art as well after looking at it again. The collector in me is coming back pretty strong after seeing this set... I will probably be buying some of the Japanese cards online as soon as I can. I just love that FA Blastoise.

I hope somehow Emolga gets some type of deck of its own. I really feel bad for everyone hating on it.
Emolga/Trevenant maybe?
What do you guys think?

*skips thread to post comments*

Gogoat would be good if you didn't have to flip a coin. Now it's just disappointing.
Trevenant looks playable, since it's a Stage 1 Item blocker. Not sure how far it will go, but it's something.
Prof's Letter is an amped Energy Search, which is good, I guess.
Red Card is the ultimate troll.
Yay Super Potion reprint!
I didn't know Mr. Fuji was into punk rock.
Heavy Charm is Eviolite for everything? I have no idea how to feel about this.

I'm so glad that the Metal resistance came back with the new generation. I hope, they make another (playable) Ampharos (and they have to, because of existence of Mega Ampharos), although not in this set. It'd be great and I'd be very pleased, if they bring back some strong fire-types other then starters, and more importantly without wasting energies - something like Rapidash or fire version of Houndoom.

On another note: I really like the FA's I saw, especially Venusaur and Blastoise, cool! 10/10.
My opinion on some of the trainers:
Evolutionary soda = hyper strong card, because it isn't supporter. Good chance to get the evolution back to the game, maybe.
Professor's letter = deck-searching version of energy retrieval; cool, that it isn't supporter, too. It's a station between E. search and Cilan.
Red Card = reincarnation of Imposter Oak's Revenge from oldest Team Rocket; cool thing, it isn't supporter, yay! Maybe OP (It's a stronger or weaker Judge)
Super Potion = fine, although I dislike trainers that requiers discrading your own energies from Pokémon. A more healthy Pokémon is stronger, not weaker, so it's contraproductive to heal it and "discharge" at the same time (especially on expensive attacker).
Punk Guy = I can imagine decks that use its strategy. It'd be even more powerful, when it shuffles your opponent's beast :D
Heavy Charm = eviolite for all stages of a Pokémon, good card.
I can't wait for rets of the cards…

DNA said:
*skips thread to post comments*

Gogoat would be good if you didn't have to flip a coin. Now it's just disappointing.
Trevenant looks playable, since it's a Stage 1 Item blocker. Not sure how far it will go, but it's something.
Prof's Letter is an amped Energy Search, which is good, I guess.
Red Card is the ultimate troll.
Yay Super Potion reprint!
I didn't know Mr. Fuji was into punk rock.
Heavy Charm is Eviolite for everything? I have no idea how to feel about this.

I agree with everything you said, and I love Trevenant, but do you think it could somehow replace Gothitelle in Gothitelle/Accelgor/Dusknoir?

Yes, because it's easier to set up than a Goth, but there's a problem: because Virizion EX exists (and is quite prevalent), the deck can't really function that well anymore.

DNA said:
Yes, because it's easier to set up than a Goth, but there's a problem: because Virizion EX exists (and is quite prevalent), the deck can't really function that well anymore.

I haven't seen Virizion EX in the Senoir division a lot, so Gothitelle(Trevenant)/Accelgor might be popular there.

Just had a closer look at the numbers at the bottom of the Full Arts. It looks like they are the Secret Rares for each of the sets. They are 61/60 etc, but they have 'SR' and not 'UR' next to them...that's just confusing.

OH MAN! I'm actually liking the artwork on these cards a lot more than I have in the past with the other sets. All those FA cards look so amazing though. I really want the Blastoise & Skarmory FA

Milhouse said:
Just had a closer look at the numbers at the bottom of the Full Arts. It looks like they are the Secret Rares for each of the sets. They are 61/60 etc, but they have 'SR' and not 'UR' next to them...that's just confusing.
The FA's are always Secret Rares in Japan.

Luispipe8 said:
Milhouse said:
The FA's are always Secret Rares in Japan.

For someone who has opened dozens of BW era Japanese boxes, I should have known this...

I cant believe there is a new Voltorb and Electrode in the first set! Man, my collection will never have a break! Is anyone else tired of seeing the same 5th gen Pokemon though?

evilpacman said:
I cant believe there is a new Voltorb and Electrode and cheese in the first set! Man, my collection will never have a break! Is anyone else tired of seeing the same 5th gen Pokemon though?

It's not like there were over 9000 Pokemon released in Gen 6, they gotta use some Pokemon from each region in that set.

Pretty nice! I'm glad there are FA's! I just hope we have some for the Mega's too though. I can't wait till all the translations are up. There's some great decks that can be made!

pokemonkosh said:
evilpacman said:
I cant believe there is a new Voltorb and Electrode in the first set! Man, my collection will never have a break! Is anyone else tired of seeing the same 5th gen Pokemon though?

It'snot like there were over 9000 Pokemon released in Gen 6, they gotta use some Pokemon from each region in that set.

I'm aware, but I'm so tired of the monkeys. Or Krokodile. And I hope you didn't think I wasn't happy with Voltorb :p

Back