(1) 'Collection X' and 'Collection Y' Leaking, Scans and Translations! [12/11]

To be fair, that wording used to be used in the TCG for a different mechanic, so it's not a completely stupid question, especially since that particular wording used in this context is new to X/Y.

SoulWind said:
Has anyone seen UR cards with the release of X & Y Collection?

Nothing yet here, though it seems like some is still trickling out. We might not find anything out until the official release, but I expect by the end of the weekend at the latest.

(just confirmed my payment, so excited~~~)

Well, this seems to be a pretty good set. I only wish that we got some Pokemon that we haven't gotten yet, I mean, they used the monkeys again? And I'd also like to see the legendaries that we haven't gotten as EX's yet in future sets i.e. Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Arceus, specifically Arceus who hesn't had any cards since his debut set!

pokedan24 said:
ALL RIGHT A NEW SET!!!

Though to be completely honest, aside from trainers, it seems like the most playable cards were already revealed (Delphox, Greninja, Yveltal, Xerneas). The exceptions,

Raichu: Can do up to 100 damage for a DCE. Should be the ideal counter to Yveltal.
Trevenant: A stage one Gothitelle with a better attack. You could also troll your opponent with Phantump and Celebi EX.
Conkeldurr: It's a stage 2, but you can KO a Darkrai for one energy.
Zoroark: It's nothing special, but it's decent I suppose.
Slurpuff: Virizion EX for Fairy Pokemon but on a stage 1.
Diggersby: A stage one, but it's a colorless sableye. Should find some use.
Voltorb: For those playing decks with Electrode, you have a Voltorb that actually does something (and is a lot more interesting than the Electrode of the same set).
Gourgeist: If the translation is correct, you can use this + laser to get an easy KO. Erie singing voice is not a bad attack either (gets around Mr Mime).
Dugtrio: Kills Darkrai if it has a Silver Bangle.
Inkay/Malamar: Can pull off some evil hand disruption. Though I wonder if Inkay can evolve right after it attacks and confuses or does it need to wait a turn.
Aromatisse: If slurpuff doesn't make fairy a viable deck type, this should.

The trainers are what I find to be the most interesting.

Team Flare Grunt might actually make Magnezone (PLS) a viable deck.
Muscle Band and Heavy Charm make Dark Claw and Eviolite obsolite.
Also nice to see item versions of supporters. Red card is a one sided N for your opponent. Roller Skates is Cheren on a flip. Professors letter is a weaker Cilian, but stronger since it doesn't take your supporter slot. Don't know how good these will be, but they definately have potential.

Overall, neat set, but a lot of filler and lot of flippy cards. I'll post more when I get my thoughts together.

Let me express my opinion on some of your thoughts:

Trevenant and better attack then Gothitelle's. It depends on situation. If you stay against some intriguing Pokémon (EX, resistant, etc.) Gothitelle can deal more damage, although it costs more and more energies. The only “plus” for Trevenant is, that it is Stage 1. OK, on the other hand, Trevenant can damage bench (if you don't stay against Mr. Mime…)

Conkeldurr's first attack is +/- stronger or weaker version of Ninetales's from Dragons Exalted (stronger, if the defending Pokémon isn't affected, or is affeceted by only 1 special condition...) On a stage 2 Pokémon, it could be a bit stronger. Even if it was 40 + 40…

I had the same opinion od Diggersby like you, but I could say, it is obvious.

Btw., Red card is one-sided Judge, not N. N let you take the cards depending on remaining prizes, Judge let you take fix 4 cards. It could be a reincarnation of oldest Imposter Oak's Revenge card, too, without the penalty for the user (and Oak's revenge wasn't supporter, too).

decmaster said:
Just wanted to point out that Arbok should read "Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned." どく (doku) means poison. And also Poison Jab confusing would be silly. =P

I noticed it, too. I even save that image and marked that word and I wanted to post it here, but I got disrupted during that.
Another mistake in translations is retreat cost for Beedrill. On the card is printed 1 energy symbol, and the translation mention 2.

Does anybody know if the Mega Evolutions will be able to use the previous attacks ala Lv. X Pokémon?

As near as I can tell, that won't be a possibility, seeing as the lv. X cards had that ability written on to the card, and these new Mega EX's do not.

I think Skarmory EX has a lot of viability as a competitive card, especially paired with Dusknoir. Then there is Furfrou. Yes it does have less HP than Bouffalant, but it has a great disrupting attack that can take energies off the opponent's Pokemon...and the damage isn't too bad to boot.

I'd have thought they'd have at least thrown Blaziken in as well, now you won't be able to get it in-game whenever they make one.

Huh.

Oooh, those Vivillon seem exciting. Both of the patterns featured on the cards (Meadow and Elegant) are patterns for Vivillon captured in Japan...perhaps when these sets go to other parts of the world, the art will be changed so the Vivillon's pattern matches the current area you're in? That would surely be awesome, pulling a Polar Vivillon card up here in Michigan and being able to pull a Modern Vivillon card 1 state below in Ohio.

heavy charm "...and eviolite for all"
i'm in love with muscle band (? thats what my lugia ex's deck needs *___*
evolution soda makes my umbreon/beartic deck much more viable ...
i don't know if will be very competitive , but i'd like how could work red card & brain trash (from malamar) together

soul scream (gourgeist) is not so good. super fang (raticate BC) is too much better.
raticate has 60hp but don't put counters on himself. also works with aspertia
needs 3 energy but they are colorless , and no retreat cost

IllumiseCollectionY6.jpg

[G] Pheromotion
Search your deck for a [G] Energy, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck.

[G][C] Quick Attack 20+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

That is the new Illumise, not really worth it in my opinion.

Why Skarmory? You can't even find him until Victory Road. And Emolga EX? Why? We already got an Emolga full art from Radiant Collection, and it's not like it made hundreds of dollars... o_o;

Dunno why they don't do the old Ruby and Sapphire ex sets where the main ultra rares were Pokemon from that region. Like why isn't there a Greninja EX or shiny Froakie? Or a Aegislash EX? Maybe in later sets but I'm dreading another repeat of BW sets where they just did whatever they felt like and many trios were left forgotten...

Shiny Samurott
Shiny Venusaur
Shiny Cobalion
Suicune EX
Regice EX
Regirock EX

Among others I might have forgotten.

Geez all these new Trainer-Item cards! Have some seriously strong effects. Now we've got an eviolite-effect for all Pokemon, instant hand disruption, +20 attack you can put on an EX, a Supporter that consistently discards an Energy...

Man! So many fresh doors are blowing with fresh winds.

Back