(1) 'Black 2' and 'White 2' Out Early at Some Stores [10/3]

I just called Walmart and Target and neither are selling. (GameStop and TRU were both closed.)

It's probably a local thing. Guess we'll all have to wait until Sunday...

Calling my WalMart right now, will update with info.

Ive been on hold for 15 minutes.

Secretsof2113 said:
Pokemon Black and White 2 have a very strict street date of October 7. Stores are not permitted to sell them until October 7. If any Gamestop is selling them early, they have just handed that customer their job. Our policy is VERY strict on street dates, so most of us will handle the product as our guidelines state, and store them until the proper street date.

Target and Walmart can face some pretty serious fines if they are reported to Nintendo.

Dude, trust me, walmart doesn't give a shit. I work in the wireless section and when the HTC Sensation came out, 7 stores (Including my store. Wasn't my fault though) in my area broke the street date and we never even got a message about it. Walmart wouldn't care about that fine unless every single store broke the street date.

I'm actually going tomorrow to get mine. The manager of Electronics is pretty cool. He'll be able to get me one.

Also, to the person stating that they shipped early, my store gets most games, phones, etc. 1-3 weeks before release. For example, we got the iPhone 5 on the 14th, 2 days after it was announced.

Alright. called 4 walmarts. 3 said no, 1 put me on hold forever. I guess it was local :(

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Has anyone seen them being sold elsewhere? Target?

I actually heard quite a few Targets (only Target, not anywhere else that I heard) were selling them yesterday (someone took a picture with the receipt as well) and then more people said that they took them off the shelves or said they couldn't sell them later in the day. It was like some locations wised up lol.

Tried my local Target and unfortunately no such luck, but since the game comes out on Sunday anyway, I'm not complaining too much. I would not have minded picking it up almost a week early though. Opportunities like that don't come around often.

dmaster out.

Hmm. If they have it out early they could be penalized unless they pull the games until Sunday. Usually the game producers and the president of Nintendo have to ok everything. If they did not and some stores have them now Walmart can be fined if they are caught. It is possible someone got the release date wrong and some were leaked by accident. Who knows XD.:)

Big chains don't mind putting it out early and facing a fine if they're able to capture the market. If you can see a huge number of copies the fine seems negligible.

Kinda wonder if maybe the street date was lifted? I work at GS but I haven't been in the store for a couple of days, did anyone get an email saying whether the street date was lifted?

Fayren said:
Kinda wonder if maybe the street date was lifted? I work at GS but I haven't been in the store for a couple of days, did anyone get an email saying whether the street date was lifted?
I called up my own Gamestop and they were quite clear the street date was October 7th. The Pokemon website says the same thing, and Secretsof2113 corroborates that, so I doubt the street date was lifted.

Teeboy23 said:
Meloetta has been revealed!! It's on the US Black 2 and White 2 website. Under Pokemon

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This pleases me! (and countless others)

Called my Walmart, and Mr. Electronics didn't actually know the release date, which I can't blame him for. I'll check in-store today, but yeah, I'd expect it to be a local thing. Too bad it's not a chain-wide thing like the 3DS dropping to $170 before August 12th. :p

Ah, well. Would have saved me $7 in gas on Sunday.

DMaster, is there any chance you could post a picture of the reciepts? Or does anyone else have a screenshot of the reciepts?
Any help or link would be appreciated :)

Not sure what good that would do, all it says is "NDS GAME." I don't want to post mine, as it has the location of the Walmart on it. All I'll say is it's in Pennsylvania, and I don't know if they've taken it off the shelf since I bought it.

Could you possibly blur or erase the location in a default paint program/Photoshop? :0

Fayren said:
Could you possibly blur or erase the location in a default paint program/Photoshop? :0

yeah a receipt would be helpful, and you could just cut off the actual location in your picture (not literally cut it off, but cut it off in the photo..)

aDXMO.jpg

Hold up, in the bottom left, is that receipt dated October 2nd, 2012? As in, you bought the game on Tuesday?

Back