(1) 'Black 2' and 'White 2' Out Early at Some Stores [10/3]

The games will officially be released on Sunday.
That's odd. I thought the official release date was Thursday.
Welp, time to call my Gamestop and see if they might have it.
edit: okay, mine is releasing it on Sunday.

I thought stores could get in serious trouble for selling games before the street date. How can they sell these before Sunday?

Who the heck cares? It's just a video game. One we already know everything about, too.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Who the heck cares? It's just a video game. One we already know everything about, too.

The reason I ask is because I work in a gaming store that sells video games too. We are never allowed to sell games before the street date. If we're able to sell them before Sunday, then we'd love to know because I'd die to get my copy the day our shipment gets here. :3

I wonder how Gamestop would feel if I snuck into their store late at night, took away one of the copies in storage, and in return I left the money that would be required to purchase it.

I just called my local GameStop here in NYC. They said that they are getting it in on Friday but the release date is Sunday (obviously). They said I should call them Friday morning, and that if other stores are really selling it early, they will too. Yay! :D

Pokemon Black and White 2 have a very strict street date of October 7. Stores are not permitted to sell them until October 7. If any Gamestop is selling them early, they have just handed that customer their job. Our policy is VERY strict on street dates, so most of us will handle the product as our guidelines state, and store them until the proper street date.

Target and Walmart can face some pretty serious fines if they are reported to Nintendo.

Secretsof2113 said:
Pokemon Black and White 2 have a very strict street date of October 7. Stores are not permitted to sell them until October 7. If any Gamestop is selling them early, they have just handed that customer their job. Our policy is VERY strict on street dates, so most of us will handle the product as our guidelines state, and store them until the proper street date.

Target and Walmart can face some pretty serious fines if they are reported to Nintendo.

Thank you - That's exactly what I thought and everything I needed to know! Your response is much appreciated.

I may have to open the store up for a few hours on Sunday so that we can sell the copies we had ordered and so I can get mine. :p

Secretsof2113 said:

Is there some kind of source link you have for this? (not like I'm doubting you; I'd just like to know where you got that info from.)

DNA said:
Is there some kind of source link you have for this? (not like I'm doubting you; I'd just like to know where you got that info from.)

Does working for the company serve as enough of a source? I'm a manager at Gamestop, so I know just how strict these policies are.

I'm the one that took those pics, and I got it from a Walmart. They had them all up in their display case already. This might just be a localized thing though, since I haven't heard of anyone else getting it yet.

I guess if you want it early, just hope for careless employees?

Secretsof2113 said:
Does working for the company serve as enough of a source? I'm a manager at Gamestop, so I know just how strict these policies are.

Good enough for me.

Back