(1) All 'Dragon Selection' Scans! [1/24]

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
Glaceon said:
First Ticket looks cool, but after T1 it is just Junk Arm fodder, so I probably won't use any.

I bet that we won't get a Dragon Energy, but a double rainbow energy only for dragon types.

Junk Arm looks cool, but after July it is rotation fodder, so I probably won't use any.

With that said, First ticket is not a Sableye equivalent. Sableye was broken by its versatility, speed, format, and a bad R&D team. Consider the following:

Remember that Sableye was not nearly as broken in Japan as it was by the end of our rotation. Sableye was, like Slowking (Neo Genesis) before it, broken by western R&D (or lack thereof) who messed with the game in ways that the creators never intended. When the Sableye was first printed, PCL had no way of knowing that they would eventually may trainer playable on T1. Nor was the fact that when said ruling was made, America would still be on an MD on format. In the MD-CL format Sableye was still highly playable, but going first was of dubious merit, so the card was more specialized. It was not until the BW rules took effect that the card became splashable into literally any competitive deck. With First Ticket, the creators of the game know the full implications of going first, and as such have more control over the card

Also remember that the draw engine itself was overpowered, with cards like Uxie (LA) letting the player repeated refresh his hand without any drawbacks. This was also caused by the fact that the pool of cards was simply too big. If Sableye were to be reprinted in the current format it would still be incredibly overpowered, but it would not be the donking machine it was in the last format simply because without the last format's draw engine, there is no way to guarantee a donk. The same is true of First Ticket.

Sableye could be played at any time during the game, not just during setup. Additionally, even if Sableye was not drawn in a player's opening hand, it was still useful in early-mid game. First ticket, on the other hand is a dead draw past T1. Player's who run four Tickets are hardly guaranteed to get one in their opening hand, but they are guaranteed to have wasted a minimum of three slots in any given match.

Finally Sableye had two ridiculously overpowered attacks, both of which had internal synergy with its pokebody.

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
Ysmir said:
My hopes to see a decent Dragonite card has been crushed.

What are you talking about? Combo'd with Victory star, you're likely to do 180 every turn. The cost is a tad high, but oh well. And it practially has no weakness. Sounds decent to me.

Futachimaru said:
Random Receiver and Ultra Ball.

I was thinking Heatmor and RH heatmor.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking the reason why they didn't print Random Reciever and Ultra Ball in Next Destinies is cause we already have cards in our current format that functions almost like them being PokeGear 3.0 and Pokemon Communication and they are saving those
other 2 cards for our upcoming BW-On Format.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
What we dont have confirmed for ND yet are the Secret Rares. There are supposed to be at least 2 (Pokemon.com says the set has >100 cards, our list only has 99)

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Futachimaru said:
Random Receiver and Ultra Ball.
I was talking about these.

shiwei87tan said:
i just realized First Ticket is so useless in unlimited as sableye ability overrides it.. =.="
Is this confirmed? From where? Regardless, it can still be good in combination with Sableye. 4 of these and 4 Sableye... you're going first lol. What about Spiritomb starts? Can you play First Ticket if your opponent starts Spiritomb?

Unfallible

Celebi23 said:
I was talking about these.

Is this confirmed? From where? Regardless, it can still be good in combination with Sableye. 4 of these and 4 Sableye... you're going first lol. What about Spiritomb starts? Can you play First Ticket if your opponent starts Spiritomb?

Don't you flip for turn order after setting basics? If so, I would assume Spiritomb overrides it.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
You do, but the real question is whether or not Spiritomb's Poke-Body is active before you flip it over at the start of the game.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Ultra Ball and Random Receiver will probably be in the next set with other ReshiramEX&ZekromEX decks cards and the Dark Rush cards...

Unfallible

Celebi23 said:
You do, but the real question is whether or not Spiritomb's Poke-Body is active before you flip it over at the start of the game.

Sableye's pokebody takes effect "if Sableye is your active Pokemon at the beginning of the game..." Spiritomb's pokebody remains in effect "As long as Spiritomb is your active Pokemon..." Since "Spiritomb is your active Pokemon" "at the beginning of the game" (when Sableye's body comes into effect, which I am assuming is during the coin flip stage), it seems like it would mean that all "As long as XXX is..." effects start before the coin flip. But these are just assumtions, and it's quite possible that I'm wrong (there's a reason I'm called Unfallible.)

These rulings are so much fun :D

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Sableye's Body doesn't come into effect during the coin flip stage because you still are required to flip a coin to decide who goes first, even if you start Sableye.

I'm not sure what the correct way to play it was, but I'd always flip over Sableye and announce Overeager. I would treat it as though it wasn't in effect until I flipped the card over.

Imagine how crazy it would be if you're correct. "Player A: I'm playing First Pass.
Player B: You can't. The card I'm not allowed to show you yet blocks Trainers.
Player A: Yeah, right..."

Unfallible

Celebi23 said:
Sableye's Body doesn't come into effect during the coin flip stage because you still are required to flip a coin to decide who goes first, even if you start Sableye.

In my area, whenever we did a coin flip we asked, "Heads, tails, or Sableye." If you're right about Sableye's effect coming into play after the coin flip, then Spiritomb would almost certainly come into play after the beginning of the game (it can't come into play before the beginning can it?) Could we hear a Professor's opinion (or are you a professor and I'm just to stupid to realize it.)?

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Celebi23 said:
It isn't. It's face-down. Face-down cards during setup cannot apply their effects. Heck, even Overeager comes into effect only after the coin flip. (Don't forget - you could play Fossil cards onto your Bench during set-up regardless of who had a Spiritomb active.)

The quirky bit is that it says First Ticket is an Item card and as such is played "during your turn"...? but that doesn't make sense; you'd play it before you go first.
I would assume that First Ticket can be played regardless before Turn 1 to apply its effect. However, official rulings haven't been released about it yet, so...for all those who want an official answer in English, you're going to have to wait at least six months.

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
Lol.....Fraxure deck would be awesome....4 Defender and 4-4 Fraxure and you should be good.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
and a Skuntank G to go with it!
...wait. we have to settle for Venomoth now. ;;