(1) All 'Dragon Selection' Scans! [1/24]

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Looks interesting enough, translations will help to determine usefullness though. Unfortunantely with only 20 cards (plus doubles of Dratini/Dragonair/Axew/Fraxure making it 16 unique cards) it makes the Dragon type virtually unplayable until AT LEAST March 16th when we get Dragon Blade/Blast (where I will take this opportunity to personally want some sort of Dragon Energy). And this is only for Japan, we won't see these cards until as early as May. We may not even see these until August, depending on how they want to handle Dark Rush.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
このカードは、対戦準備のジャンケンで、先攻と後攻の順番を決めるとき、1枚だけ使える。

あなたの先攻で対戦をスタートする。

相手も「ファーストチケット」を使った場合、ジャンケンで先攻と後攻の順番を決める。

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

BTW translations are up.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Lol, this set is a troll... Repeating Dratini and Axew lines was the best they could do? Well, I guess they had to save more Dragons for BW5... At least, the artworks are good...

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Well, this set gets a resounding meh from me, which is basically what I expected to feel about it.

Broken Pokemon EX

Aspiring Trainer
Overall this set really isn't good at all. Definitely cool from a collector's perspective since all of the cards look sexy, but not much playable stuff. Luckily, I feel like this is only a precursor to the real Dragon set in March that's hopefully filled with playable cards, EXes, Dragon Energy, etc.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
One error in the translations: You have the Pokémon Tool rule in Super Rod translation but it is not a Pokémon tool card...

btw, why giving the Guts ability to Fraxure instead of Haxorus? PCL, kings of troll...

27th_wonder

pegasus boots: hyrule's finest and fastest
These cards look interesting, but a bit underwhelming.

only rayquaza is really of any competitve merit. Lati@s might see some play for some energy acceleration.

The first ticket looks brilliant, but that rough translation is really limiting (and google came out with nothing useful).

surely they won't make a card that becomes pointless with a coin-flip, would they?

TheBreen

Jump Around!
I'm sure First Ticket will get changed such that "play RPS" gets replaced with "if you would determine who goes first randomly".

Who needs Sableye :p ?

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
No secret rares? :/

Kinda debating whether or not to actually get a box of this now, but probably will anyway just because P:

TacoTurtle

Aspiring Trainer
Good job, Pokemon. You rotate early due to Sableye donk, then you give us a trainer that lets anything donk. Nice.

As for the rest of the set, it's cool and yet meh at the same time. The new dragon type cards and sweet arwork make these awesome for collecting, but they don't have much competitive value. Rayquaza and Salamence might see a little play, and if Special Dragon Energy turns out to be a double rainbow for dragons, then Haxorus could be used a bit. The thing that makes me a lot less disappointed with these cards is that I know that all the competitive dragons and EX versions (Rayquaza EX better be good!) are coming in a couple months.

All and all, this is still a really cool little preview set of the things to come. I am a huge fan despite the cards being crappy.

P.S. I <3 the Lati twins, they are amazing no matter what.
P.S.S. That Fraxure is a frigging TROLL! Seriously, if Haxorus had gotten that ability it would have been awesome, but NO... Stupid Fraxure.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
"This card is ready to play Roshambo, deciding which order starting with the opponent, use only one.

To start with against your bat first.

If the opponent also using "ファーストチケット", in order starting with the opponent decide Roshambo."

This is from Bing translator, I really hope it's nothing like Roshambo from South Park! 0_o

EDIT:Wow, Fast Ticket is good, I can see it being played in all donk decks and most other decks as well.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Power creep, anyone? I'm sure Vulpix Yolk must be happy about an Overeager reprint.

When it comes over here, I think it might be changed from RPS to "flip a coin to decide who goes first" like they do over here. But they might not. Who can say? (I guess it doesn't matter much either way...)

EricDLee

Magikarp used Splash! It's super effective!
Interesting. It looks like Pokemon changed the Energy requirements they used to associated in Gen 3 with Dragonite (Water/Lightning), Latias (Fire/Water), and Latios (Grass/Lightning). I guess it makes sense that Lati@s are now Psychic, though.

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
They have Rock/Paper/Scicsors in japan since dice would be gambling and then not free for the age Pokémon is advertising.

Fast ticket is kinda strong but still you need 4 of them and in your starting hand.
After turn 0 it's turning useless and when you opponent plays it too.

T

TAndrewT

It looks like the translations for the Psycho Drive (BW3) EXP Share and the Dragon Selection EXP Share aren't the same, even though the Japanese text is identical. DorianBlack's (DS) translation ends with "If you do, discard EXP. Share.", but Bangiras' (BW3) doesn't. DorianBlack's translation is the same as the old Flight of Legends (FR/LG) EXP.All card, but the Japanese text for that old card looks different from these.

But I don't know Japanese. Anyone?

Ophie

Aspiring Trainer
Aw, I was kind of disappointed to not see Altaria on there.

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
This is from Bing translator, I really hope it's nothing like Roshambo from South Park! 0_o

EDIT:Wow, Fast Ticket is good, I can see it being played in all donk decks and most other decks as well.

Roshambo is rock-paper-scissors. But I'm sure you knew that already.

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer
i think the set is meh, although holo super rod sounds epic :)
Rayquaza and Latios(i think, energy accelerator) might be played and maybe Sally. Also First Ticket seems to give you some control over how much you feel going first is important, so not sure on it yet....