(1) 75+ 'Dark Explorers' Scans! [4/24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat Scyther! <3

109-gardevoir.jpg

I don't know, but do you guys notice something different? To me it looks like Gardevoir itself is holo, instead of the background, much like the original Shining cards. I looked up for other BW on shinies, and all of them have the artwork box with a different texture, resembling the EXes. Gardevoir instead, has a regular art box, and is holo itself. Anyone else sees this or am I alucinating?

Vanillite and Vanillish are in this set? o_0?

Do we have all the Vanilluxe line cards that japan has? I can't seem to find any japan has that we don't? Also did japan ever get that Krookodile w/ the ability that was in our EP structure deck? Google isn't really giving me any answers :p.

TPZ said:
Jolteon- Electrigun
Minun- Electrishower
Galvantula- Electrisilk.

Seems like they're running out Electiattacks.

Electrisneeze, new attack. :p

The set is pretty much what was speculated, Ultra Ball and the rest, looking good

TragicTheSaddening said:
Actually that's a point. Does anyone know how Galvantula's attack would work with Skyarrow Bridge, or has there not been any official ruling on it yet? Just thinking it might make a somewhat useful Tornadus counter if the attack did the extra damage.

Although I'm far from eligible to give an absolute answer to this, I'm 99% positive Galvantula's attack does work with Skyarrow. To give a better example, Darkrai EX's Ability says that each of your Pokemon that has any Darkness Energy attached to it has no Retreat Cost. So if your opponent has a Darkrai EX out and the Defending Pokemon has a Darkness Energy attached to it, it has no Retreat Cost. I'm pretty sure that means Galvantula's attack is able to do the additional 40 damage.

Plus, it doesn't specify anything like "before any effects to Retreat Cost" or something weird along the lines of "only printed Retreat Costs apply". If factors like Skyarrow, Darkrai, and Dodrio don't apply to this attack, then they gave Galvantula a rather pointless attack. There aren't too many 0 Retreat Cost Pokemon in this format, especially in a BW and on format, like Japan has.

TPZ said:
Enhanced Hammer's original translation said it only discards a Special Energy attached to the defending Pokemon. Well at least now it's better! Haxorus is definitely a surprise.

That is interesting. Either someone done goofed on PokeBeach when they made the translation, or someone really done goofed while translating at TPCI. lol I do, however, like that it's any Pokemon now.

SSBBDaisy said:
Vanillite and Vanillish are in this set? o_0?

Do we have all the Vanilluxe line cards that japan has? I can't seem to find any japan has that we don't? Also did japan ever get that Krookodile w/ the ability that was in our EP structure deck? Google isn't really giving me any answers :p.

Yes, we have all the Vanilluxe line cards currently released and yes, they got that Krookodile (as a promo)...

Anyway... That Haxorus...

Ok, first of all, I have nothing against Haxorus (it's actually one of my favorite Pokémon)... But they have reached a level of stupidity never seen before...
So, we have a set which has a complete Lillipup line, but no Axew line cards at all (those will come in the next set)... There's 1 Lillipup and 1 Haxorus card unreleased... Seems like the perfect opportunity to finally release the Lillipup, right?
No, let's just put this Haxorus in the bag and hope no one notices it. What Lillipup?

Not only they basically confirmed they will never release that card anymore, they add an Haxorus which would fit better in the next set (even if it's colorless, it's still a dragon pokémon)... I give up on them...

The increase in power you see in Pokemon today compared to older sets is just rediculous. That Blaziken is insane! It would absolutely dominate if Heatran Lv. X was still in format- slow to set up, but it would do 130 damage with no drawbacks for a relatively low energy cost that's topped of by an excellent 140 HP.

I'm loving how the Plusle and Minun artwork is the same, just from different perspectives. :D

Random Haxorus is random... o_O

Other than that, I can't wait to get my hands on Dark Patch, Dark Claw, and Darkrai EX!

Skeleton Liar said:
That is interesting. Either someone done goofed on PokeBeach when they made the translation, or someone really done goofed while translating at TPCI. lol I do, however, like that it's any Pokemon now.
It's the former. I think they goofed on Sableye as well; they put Junk Hand instead of Junk Hunt. Maybe they were sleepy.

Anyway, I just checked the card myself. Now, although I am far from a Japanese expert, I have been picking up on phrases within Pokemon cards themselves, and seeing what I can pick up - indeed, when BW5 came out I spent the morning translating half the set for the guys on Skype.

All that said, the phrase used for Active Pokemon (バトルポケモン) is not seen anywhere in the Crash Hammer scan. That means it really is just any 1 opponent's Pokemon.

Brave Vesperia said:
ZekEelslikesUltraBall.png

I made this!

Level Ball > Ultra Ball in ZekEels?

I'm already discarding {L} with Junk Arm and Sage's Training so it's moot point. Also with Level Ball you can get your Eelektrik's and Shaymin's in hand to speed up your setup more. Post-Rotation I can see Ultra Ball replacing Junk Arm and Sage's in ZekEels but for now, just no. We have much better options right now as it is.

Card Slinger J said:
Level Ball > Ultra Ball in ZekEels?

I'm already discarding {L} with Junk Arm and Sage's Training so it's moot point. Also with Level Ball you can get your Eelektrik's and Shaymin's in hand to speed up your setup more. Post-Rotation I can see Ultra Ball replacing Junk Arm and Sage's in ZekEels but for now, just no. We have much better options right now as it is.

I'd say it's worth it if you have the room, I for one have been searching for a more consistent way to get {L}s in my discard and search for Pokemon. This fits my criteria perfectly. (though my list is plenty consistent, it never hurts to test ideas)

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
It's the former. I think they goofed on Sableye as well; they put Junk Hand instead of Junk Hunt. Maybe they were sleepy.

Anyway, I just checked the card myself. Now, although I am far from a Japanese expert, I have been picking up on phrases within Pokemon cards themselves, and seeing what I can pick up - indeed, when BW5 came out I spent the morning translating half the set for the guys on Skype.

All that said, the phrase used for Active Pokemon (バトルポケモン) is not seen anywhere in the Crash Hammer scan. That means it really is just any 1 opponent's Pokemon.

From what little Japanese I can read, I can tell that they did mistake "Hunt" for Hand. The symbol for 'to' was mistaken for 'do'. And it doesn't really help that there is no 'uh' sound in Japanese; so they had to use 'ha' for the beginning of "Hunt". That probably influenced the mistake.

Yup, that phrase isn't on Crash Hammer at all. Just a mistake from one of our translators here on PokeBeach; it happens. Ha ha. I was just wondering which it was, because if it was on TPCI's end, they'd have to errata Enhanced Hammer, right?

And if バトルポケモン is Batoru Pokemon, "Active Pokemon" is called "Battle Pokemon" in Japan. That's pretty neat. Ha ha.

Go away, Haxorus. I wanted the missing Lillipup card we never got and probably won't get now.

Totally knew this was coming!
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/ex_darkrai_site_coming_soon-2012-04-25/

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Accelgor's attack is called "Deck and Cover".

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And at least Enhanced Hammer is a good replacement for Lost Remover when we lose it. Same thing, pretty much.

While I love the attack name regardless, I have to say I had a preference to Strike and Fade. Ah well, can't have everything in life.

Also yes. I squealed with joy when I saw that Enhanced Hammer is essentially Lost Remover to the Discard. Ever since the Crash Hammer translation came out, I had sour grapes that they would just replace Lost Remover with an extremely poor substitute of a card. Just knowing that the Rotation doesn't affect this really at all makes me warm inside.

dmaster out.

Skeleton Liar said:
From what little Japanese I can read, I can tell that they did mistake "Hunt" for Hand. The symbol for 'to' was mistaken for 'do'. And it doesn't really help that there is no 'uh' sound in Japanese; so they had to use 'ha' for the beginning of "Hunt". That probably influenced the mistake. Yep.

Yup, that phrase isn't on Crash Hammer at all. Just a mistake from one of our translators here on PokeBeach; it happens. Ha ha. I was just wondering which it was, because if it was on TPCI's end, they'd have to errata Enhanced Hammer, right? Yep.

And if バトルポケモン is Batoru Pokemon, "Active Pokemon" is called "Battle Pokemon" in Japan. That's pretty neat. Ha ha. Yep.

That's really all I have to say at this point, other than the Onix and Defender mistakes being hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back